37 (edited by DougH 2020-09-14 05:38:41)

Re: PPV

I really wish they would do a test broadcast before the show date so I know everything is set up with the user accounts

@bluesky636 they mean smart devices , that can access the Watch Joe Bonamassa site .. not boxes that can't access the internet web sites

as for not being able to use a laptop to a TV..
I have connected my Laptop to my Samsung 3D Blueray DVD 5.1 Surround sound using my Laptop's HDMI port out with a HDMI cable from the laptop to the surround sound system
, that Surround Sound then passes the feed of my video to my TV hanging on my wall.

so it is quite 'doable' with a laptop to a TV or a Surround Sound system that can take a HDMI feed, as long as your laptop has a compatible video out like HDMI

(Edit) my Apple iPad Pro 12.9" , I have a USB-C to HDMI adapter as well, so i can 'hardwire ' the iPad as well.

Some people might not have compatible equipment but many do

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

I really wish they would do a test broadcast before the show date so I know everything is set up with the user accounts

@bluesky636 they mean smart devices , that can access the Watch Joe Bonamassa site .. not boxes that can't access the internet web sites

as for not being able to use a laptop to a TV..
I have connected my Laptop to my Samsung 3D Blueray DVD 5.1 Surround sound using my Laptop's HDMI port out with a HDMI cable from the laptop to the surround sound system
, that Surround Sound then passes the feed of my video to my TV hanging on my wall.

so it is quite 'doable' with a laptop to a TV or a Surround Sound system that can take a HDMI feed, as long as your laptop has a compatible video out like HDMI

(Edit) my Apple iPad Pro 12.9" , I have a USB-C to HDMI adapter as well, so i can 'hardwire ' the iPad as well.

Some people might not have compatible equipment but many do

Well, I had a lengthy response written only to find I had been logged out when I hit Submit. Not going to bother trying to retype it except to ssy that the advertising for this event is misleading and false so I won't be wasting my time and money on it.

Bill

Just ordered a 30 ft. HDMI cable from Amazon....should be here tomorrow and I will do a test run from my pc's video card to my tv....should work like a charm

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Jane H. wrote:

yeah i still havent done my test yet...so fuggin busy and headed to work again (but thankful to be working) so no time this morning
but i did get the email they sent yedsterday so logged in and i was getting the screen they said you shouldnt get...uggh...looks like didnt pay....i had made account before and it clearly said i had paid when i first tried

anyway not sure what i clicked this morning but i finally clicked around enough while logged in to get to where it looked correct and was able to view a dvd and it had the whole length on there so i think i am good in that regard
sorry cant remember what i clicked, i have heard from others who were also having troub;le

now i just have to clear the time to sit and watch it...might have to do sometime during the week after that you can still view it
im pretty stoked though and am hoping might be able to pause during live stream...

I never got an e-mail to try a test link.

Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack

Can't wait for Sunday. New song from Royal Tee: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFNhIYKn9dX/. Listened to it like 20 times already.

@whirlwind me neither had to click on the email link and ask J&R

Unlike Jane, I only bought the ticket so I can't watch videos (got the anyways) until Sunday live show

Give them an email,  they were quick to reply

---------------

43 (edited by whirlwind 2020-09-18 04:08:00)

DougH wrote:

@whirlwind me neither had to click on the email link and ask J&R

Unlike Jane, I only bought the ticket so I can't watch videos (got the anyways) until Sunday live show

Give them an email,  they were quick to reply

OK...got my HDMI cable from Amazon Prime, ordered Tuesday and received Thursday, great service.

Hooked it up to the video card of my pc then to my tv and it worked perfectly...just waiting for Sunday now!

What else can go wrong here ? Lost all broadband services last week for five days.  Television and computer. Electrical power was out for three hours tonight. Bring it......

Will they send us another link for the show.....or is it the same one that was sent long ago.

whirlwind wrote:

Will they send us another link for the show.....or is it the same one that was sent long ago.

hi I was sent a link at 8pm here in UK and hows not started one thing says 8P GMT and the other says 9PM BST so that's really helpfully, im guessing it 9pm here then as its not started and Joe's never later on stage he's alway bang on time light go down and boom first intro riff starts.

47 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2020-09-20 22:10:44)

I'm watching the livestream today and wanted to comment a bit...Like but not love most of the New Tunes from Royal Tea...although a bit more Mellow than I expected...especially since Joe said previously Royal Tea was going to be "Very Heavy"...The one with Jimmy Hall on Harmonica...don't know its title and the one in the graveyard "Beyond The Silence" I think were the best from Royal Tea and I really loved them...Enjoyed the "New Day" Selections Very Much....One Thing Though...HATE the fact there is No Audience. To Me Its Just Not A Concert Without Feedback From The Audience...I Heard Joe comment Why He Was Not Having Audience Sounds...Just Wish They Did...To Me Concert Was Kind Of Dead...I Put it On and After 10 minutes of Watching Walked Away and Just Let It Play In The Background...There Was Just Something Missing...The Life and The Vibe To Me Were Missed Badly!!!...Hope Against Hope We Will Be Back To Live Music By The Spring If Not The Summer...Cant Wait Man!!!!!!!!

48 (edited by Coach305 2020-09-20 17:03:12)

My experience was disappointing. The stream kept dropping constantly for the first 20 minutes, and I even needed to reload the page a couple of times to get it back. After that it was flawless until the Intermission (just after 4:00 PM CST). After that the stream never played for more than a few seconds before cutting out, pretty much ruining the part of the set containing the older material. Pretty discouraging considering that I have 200mps cable internet and had nothing else running at the time. Streaming is NOT the future of live music (and thank goodness for that).

I did get the last couple of minutes of the final song ("A New Day Yesterday") and Joe's chat afterward. Once the credits began to roll, though, it began cutting out again, and eventually died altogether at 4:53 PM CST. I'm sure my pic was in the scroll, but I didn't see it before the stream died.

I enjoyed the new material, and I believe he played all of Royal Tea except for "Savannah." For the post-intermission encore we got "Cradle Rock," "Walk In My Shadow," "Evil Mama," and the aforementioned "A New Day Yesterday," but as I said the stream quality was so bad there was no joy to be had for that portion of the show.

The pic I submitted was a cropped version of my avatar pic here, so some of you may have seen me scroll by... wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:

My experience was disappointing. The stream kept dropping constantly for the first 20 minutes, and I even needed to reload the page a couple of times to get it back. After that it was flawless until the Intermission (just after 4:00 PM CST). After that the stream never played for more than a few seconds before cutting out, pretty much ruining the part of the set containing the older material. Pretty discouraging considering that I have 200mps cable internet and had nothing else running at the time. Streaming is NOT the future of live music (and thank goodness for that).

I did get the last couple of minutes of the final song ("A New Day Yesterday") and Joe's chat afterward. Once the credits began to roll, though, it began cutting out again, and eventually died altogether at 4:53 PM CST. I'm sure my pic was in the scroll, but I didn't see it before the stream died.

I enjoyed the new material, and I believe he played all of Royal Tea except for "Savannah." For the post-intermission encore we got "Cradle Rock," "Walk In My Shadow," "Evil Mama," and the aforementioned "A New Day Yesterday," but as I said the stream quality was so bad there was no joy to be had for that portion of the show.

The pic I submitted was a cropped version of my avatar pic here, so some of you may have seen me scroll by... wink

From reading social media comments from all over the world, it seems there was  a wide range of experiences from not  getting the live feed at all to zero problems with the whole process. I missed a few minutes at the very beginning, afterwards everything was perfect. I’ll definitely watch it again. It was outstanding! Loved Conversation with Alice.

That was bloody fantastic!  I was hesitant and waited until the last minute but I'm glad I went for it.  Excellent picture, sound mix, camera coverage of the band, and stage production.  A different experience to be sure but Joe made the most of it ("I've played for some tough crowds") although I'm sure he missed the audience feedback.  Joe was really working without a net, playing a new album and no greatest hits stuff.  Loved it all and as always at a Joe show, the guitars were also stars in their own right.

Great band, tight as hell.  Every time Reese was on, I grinned ear to ear but of course everyone was stellar.

Thank you, Joe, for shining a light into a pretty dark year.  Well done, Sir!

I had no view. I kept getting an error, “too many devices“. I only have one. A  password reset didn’t work since I got the same msg.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

52 (edited by DougH 2020-09-21 05:59:34)

I went old school hard wired with Dell windows 7 (out dated OS) laptop with HDMI to my old Samsung dvd 5.1 surround sound up to my old (15yrs) Samsung 50" TV. (Was large now considered small)
I was really worried internet would go down, worried couldn't sign on, worried  website wouldn't link and stream.

All work great, with only one freeze for about 5 seconds then worked flawlessly.

I think Royal Tea will grow on me,
I love Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye, such great guitaring.

Wished more from A New Day Now.

Lack of audience really was wierd.

Overall I and my sister had a great concert

---------------

I guess i was very lucky. It worked flawless for me and I quite enjoyed it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was super impressed by the quality of the performance and the stream. Worked perfectly for me here in the UK from beginning to end. I got confused with the time, but that just meant I was definitely ready at 9pm UK time (had mistakenly thought it started at 8pm, forgetting we are still in British Summer Time). Looking forward to the new album even more. I really like that Joe had some very interesting chord changes and some new vocal tricks.