Re: PPV

Any problems people must call jr-adventures. Extremely helpful. Use the Jane #954-428-4440. E-mail contact told me my card was never charged. Bull-oney...

I can sleep tonight. I guess there was an account problem. All Joe all the time, thank you to all for the help. Rick

2021 The Joe returns???? We will be there...Blues'in the tea garden already

well I hope it got sorted to your satisfaction....

i saw Joe did an interview recently and talked about the practising etc. and that there will be cardboard cut outs of the audience.
in a separate interview he said it is planned to be another PBS showing. So thats cool and even though idk if they will show the audience much but....MY CARDBOARD CUT OUT WILL BE A TV STAR!!! big_smile
i felt kind of dumb getting that package but now i am getting more excited about it. Hoping my picture submission was good enough for the process.

I would have done it this way anyway. Our PBS usually commercials the hell out of us .Hmmmm? Would it be a "live" broadcast? I certainly don't have a problem raising money for the musicians in need. Definitely anxious for the new music and for Joe B. to be reunited with his band.

@janeh did they give you a start time on Sept 20?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Rick, no..,,,it will be aired after the dvd is made. Joe has gotten a lot of exposure from PBS airings before. Usually they take the dvd and crop it in to an hour IIRC but it is cool to see.
I remember when they aired Royal Albert Hall and the various people including my MOm that knew I was a fan (Mom met Joe too before) being excited to see him on PBS. and even tho it was cut down in time I loved tuning in on TV.
but yeah not live broadcast

Doug, it starts at 4PM Eastern.

I sent Tammy at JR an email requesting start time, I will advise here once I find out.

Jane H. wrote:

Doug, it starts at 4PM Eastern.

Jane, I much appreciate the time clarification!  Somehow I thought I saw it was supposed to be 7:30 pm Eastern...  Duh.  Obvi I still have to buy my ticket...

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Duh, guess that is 3:00 Midwest time zone...

It is on the FAQ page. 4:00 Eastern

47 (edited by DougH 2020-09-11 18:39:37)

Bought just the ticket got an email with a link to watch concert "here" link hope it's right

---------------

I found the FAQ page and reviewed this thread. It appears that there is no way I can watch using my full home theater system. Contrary to the advertising there does not appear to be any way to view that concert except by hooking up a laptop to the tv via HDMI and listening through the crappy tv speakers. That plus the buffering problems inherent in Hughesnet means I won't be wasting my time and money trying to watch the concert. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. Would be nice if were 4K UHD with an ATMOS soundtrack but I'm not holding my breath.

Bill

49 (edited by DougH 2020-09-14 05:38:41)

I really wish they would do a test broadcast before the show date so I know everything is set up with the user accounts

@bluesky636 they mean smart devices , that can access the Watch Joe Bonamassa site .. not boxes that can't access the internet web sites

as for not being able to use a laptop to a TV..
I have connected my Laptop to my Samsung 3D Blueray DVD 5.1 Surround sound using my Laptop's HDMI port out with a HDMI cable from the laptop to the surround sound system
, that Surround Sound then passes the feed of my video to my TV hanging on my wall.

so it is quite 'doable' with a laptop to a TV or a Surround Sound system that can take a HDMI feed, as long as your laptop has a compatible video out like HDMI

(Edit) my Apple iPad Pro 12.9" , I have a USB-C to HDMI adapter as well, so i can 'hardwire ' the iPad as well.

Some people might not have compatible equipment but many do

---------------

DougH wrote:

I really wish they would do a test broadcast before the show date so I know everything is set up with the user accounts

@bluesky636 they mean smart devices , that can access the Watch Joe Bonamassa site .. not boxes that can't access the internet web sites

as for not being able to use a laptop to a TV..
I have connected my Laptop to my Samsung 3D Blueray DVD 5.1 Surround sound using my Laptop's HDMI port out with a HDMI cable from the laptop to the surround sound system
, that Surround Sound then passes the feed of my video to my TV hanging on my wall.

so it is quite 'doable' with a laptop to a TV or a Surround Sound system that can take a HDMI feed, as long as your laptop has a compatible video out like HDMI

(Edit) my Apple iPad Pro 12.9" , I have a USB-C to HDMI adapter as well, so i can 'hardwire ' the iPad as well.

Some people might not have compatible equipment but many do

Well, I had a lengthy response written only to find I had been logged out when I hit Submit. Not going to bother trying to retype it except to ssy that the advertising for this event is misleading and false so I won't be wasting my time and money on it.

Bill

Well J and R do have some heavy marketing. I dont think they intentionally mislead anyone but I understand how the specifics change your opinion of the value.
I am not trying to change your mind but for me, one of the biggest values is that it is more than just a live stream concert, he is going to do a whole album live And before its release.
For me that's worth 20 dollars just to witness on any kind of device.
I'm glad you found out more before buying though.
It's supposed to be released as a DVD
Ps the writing long reply then it logging you out is a PITA. Rick told me how to get it back if that happens but I forget...something like click back then refresh....its been easier for me to remember to save before submit...but I dont do too many long replies anymore

Just ordered a 30 ft. HDMI cable from Amazon....should be here tomorrow and I will do a test run from my pc's video card to my tv....should work like a charm

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

yeah i still havent done my test yet...so fuggin busy and headed to work again (but thankful to be working) so no time this morning
but i did get the email they sent yedsterday so logged in and i was getting the screen they said you shouldnt get...uggh...looks like didnt pay....i had made account before and it clearly said i had paid when i first tried

anyway not sure what i clicked this morning but i finally clicked around enough while logged in to get to where it looked correct and was able to view a dvd and it had the whole length on there so i think i am good in that regard
sorry cant remember what i clicked, i have heard from others who were also having troub;le

now i just have to clear the time to sit and watch it...might have to do sometime during the week after that you can still view it
im pretty stoked though and am hoping might be able to pause during live stream...

Jane H. wrote:

yeah i still havent done my test yet...so fuggin busy and headed to work again (but thankful to be working) so no time this morning
but i did get the email they sent yedsterday so logged in and i was getting the screen they said you shouldnt get...uggh...looks like didnt pay....i had made account before and it clearly said i had paid when i first tried

anyway not sure what i clicked this morning but i finally clicked around enough while logged in to get to where it looked correct and was able to view a dvd and it had the whole length on there so i think i am good in that regard
sorry cant remember what i clicked, i have heard from others who were also having troub;le

now i just have to clear the time to sit and watch it...might have to do sometime during the week after that you can still view it
im pretty stoked though and am hoping might be able to pause during live stream...

I never got an e-mail to try a test link.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp