19 (edited by Shredit 2018-05-21 11:37:17)

Re: Greta Van Fleet

I hear them a lot on Pandora, I asked the wife who she thought I was listening too, she said she thought it was someone with LZ influence, cool I thought

new single from the band that is in the process of saving rock and roll big_smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hurQgJXtpKI

21 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-07-17 18:41:03)

Thank u Jane for the new Track Link ... looking forward to their first full length Release scheduled sometime this summer.

The LZ comparison will continue ... but they are releasing music that I hit Repeat on ... and it seams there's less and less of that out there ... for my tastes ... (which I think are pretty broad.)

... and that they are 19-20 year olds ... I like their song melodies ... influenced ... sure ... but I think they are doing it with their twist ... more power to them! ... and looking at the YT comments on this Single (and other tracks) ... some younger gen's are digging 6 and 4 string axes w/ drums ... vs something with a needle drop sample or beat generator ... great!

(just hoping the Music business machine doesn't grind these guys up.)

That was a long and windy Thank u. smile

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

The lads have a brief UK tour coming up in November and are spreading their wings a bit more next March as part of their March of the Peaceful Army campaign:-

Mar 05 - Newcastle upon Tyne: O2 Academy Newcastle
Mar 07 - Glasgow: O2 Academy Glasgow
Mar 08 - Leeds: O2 Academy & Underground
Mar 10 - Nottingham: Rock City
Mar 11 - Liverpool: Liverpool Guild of Students

Tickets on sale Fri 19th Oct

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Tickets also on sale today at 10AM for Baltimore. Last time the 2000 some capacity venue sold out in 2 minutes. They did hold some seats and later arranged to sell to fans at box office on a certain day which I was able to do and score.

I did the fan presale yesterday...code by email but half hour after sale started. got code from other fans first who guessed it. Of course ticketmaster....goodness gracious....oh yes we'll let you select seats then say oh you need to use a different device uggh just as has happened in Joe presale. finally cleared cache and got two singles in different areas....hoping to maybe get more today but they have been doing stuff to combat scalpers so might not be able to buy more since i got two.

cd on preorder, can't wait

Jane H. wrote:

Tickets also on sale today at 10AM for Baltimore. Last time the 2000 some capacity venue sold out in 2 minutes. They did hold some seats and later arranged to sell to fans at box office on a certain day which I was able to do and score.

I did the fan presale yesterday...code by email but half hour after sale started. got code from other fans first who guessed it. Of course ticketmaster....goodness gracious....oh yes we'll let you select seats then say oh you need to use a different device uggh just as has happened in Joe presale. finally cleared cache and got two singles in different areas....hoping to maybe get more today but they have been doing stuff to combat scalpers so might not be able to buy more since i got two.

Hey Jane, what is the Baltimore concert date, time and venue?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

http://www.gretavanfleet.com/tour
It's May 21 at MECU ( pier 6 ) pavilion
I got more Tix today......I might have extra single ticket

Was interesting on the general sale.....they had a bunch of different Platinum prices
And I guess it was a matter of what seats were tied up in the sale then later released idk
Would have been cool to see whole map but it didn't let me see map at first
Anyway got my security blanket seats so I am happy
May is long way off tho!

26 (edited by sally12333 2018-10-14 14:31:41)

Jane H. wrote:

http://www.gretavanfleet.com/tour
It's May 21 at MECU ( pier 6 ) pavilion
I got more Tix today......I might have extra single ticket

Was interesting on the general sale.....they had a bunch of different Platinum prices
And I guess it was a matter of what seats were tied up in the sale then later released idk
Would have been cool to see whole map but it didn't let me see map at first
Anyway got my security blanket seats so I am happy
May is long way off tho!

Jane, thanks so much for the info!  Was thinking of getting daughter/husband tix for Christmas gift...Greta is their favorite band!  I just sprung for 2 in Section 107.  Sure hope they are good seats! 

Also, did you get a message that a free CD "Anthem of the Peaceful Army" is included with your ticket?  Got an e-mail the next day wanting me to click to redeem my gift.  Afraid any more to click on unexpected things!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Cool. Those should be good seats! It's not clear to me if they will sell Tix to the general admission pit area that's shown on the map. I only went there once a long time ago....
Yes the email link is ok. It takes u to their site to give address for CD to be sent. smile

Picked up a ticket to see them in Orlando May 10th.  I'm a little surprised but quite happy they're making it to my neck of the woods... and at a venue that's pretty close!

I'm really digging the tracks I've heard from their new album, too.

The new album is out today.Had a chance to stream it.I do like it.
There is something I find a little weird though with the Plant like vocals.
Not saying bad but it feels a bit weird at times for some reason.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

I grabbed a quick listen and the singer really has the Plant thing down.
I am still struggling with it as to if it is a good thing or not?
The cover of A Change Is Going To Come He does not sound like Plant at all.I will say that song itself shows he has the vocal chops for sure.

I think the good they possibly can do is get classic Rock back to front stage in the music community

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
gary wrote:

I grabbed a quick listen and the singer really has the Plant thing down.
I am still struggling with it as to if it is a good thing or not?
The cover of A Change Is Going To Come He does not sound like Plant at all.I will say that song itself shows he has the vocal chops for sure.

I think the good they possibly can do is get classic Rock back to front stage in the music community

Yes I agree they already have made in roads.I read an article today on line fro Revolver magazine of an interview.They mention there are a lot of people in their age group into that classic rock.So Inthink there is a bit of an underground movement for rock music.They may be one that kicks it up a notch as they are getting a lot of mainstream attention.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky