Re: Blues of Desperation reviews

Still agree it's probably the best since John Henry also. There is only one track I don't fully gel with but not enough to skip which I think says it all about the disc. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

This a really great album. The arrangements are flawless.
IMHO, the background vocals really added a new dimension of feel to songs like "Drive" and "Mountain Climbing". Great call and great choice of singers.
Thanks

Distant Lonesome Train !...Unless you're in the middle of nowhere and it's night time,,,then "Drive" imo,,!

Jane H. wrote:

still really loving this
been playing track 8 and 9 on repeat for a while

here's a question, which is the better driving song, Drive or Distant Lonesome Train? smile for me its the latter but i guess there is a speed for the other one too

Murfdog

BAH!!!  ...have Yer Blues made you desperate to Die??? sad
Slow the whole damn thing down and live! Around The Bend (Sloe Gin version).  Now that's Driving!!!!!!!.......and from an album that is among the "best ever."...and not just released 2 months ago............

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

ps-...although just released has always been among the Joe Bonamassa "Best Ever" candidates. smile

murfdog wrote:

Distant Lonesome Train !...Unless you're in the middle of nowhere and it's night time,,,then "Drive" imo,,!

Jane H. wrote:

still really loving this
been playing track 8 and 9 on repeat for a while

here's a question, which is the better driving song, Drive or Distant Lonesome Train? smile for me its the latter but i guess there is a speed for the other one too

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Oh yeah!  It's an overall great album!  That doesn't cover it, but it is my truth. cool

Rock ON & Keep A little Drive in Your Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

114 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2016-05-29 06:26:03)

Still digging it.  I liked Mountain Climbing right away, but after a few weeks other songs have surpassed it as my favorites on the album.  I still think it's a strong album all the way through, but my favorites have shifted around a bit with repeated listening.

Favorites: No Place for the Lonely, How Deep This River Runs, Blues of Desperation, The Valley Runs Low, What I've Known..., This Train

Not sure exactly where I'd place it on the Joe Hall of Fame - certainly a top 5 record, maybe top 3.

It has made good driving music on my drives home from Joe's shows the last two night.  Drive speaks to my soul for some reason (I love driving long distances - especially at night).  The title track is also amazing - especially after seeing it live - love what Michael does with the bass for this.

One comment - if Joe ever wants to make a video about one of his train songs that features real steam engines I think I could hook him up for that.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

116 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-06-04 19:14:01)

Had the SiriusXM radio going today ...

BB King's Bluesville had Joe's You Left Me Nothin' But The Bill And The Blues as #1 in this week's Rack of Blues (their weekly "Picks To Click" -- the newest Blues platters from number 15 to number 1.)

Even aired Joe's sign off at the end ... take that Howard Stern!!

Congrats Joe & Co.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

No Good Place For The Lonely..........IMO........The greatest solo of JBs career!!!!....The entire album is really good, I swear I hear Davy Pattison singing on some songs

Shredit wrote:

No Good Place For The Lonely..........IMO........The greatest solo of JBs career!!!!....The entire album is really good, I swear I hear Davy Pattison singing on some songs

That solo is up there at the top of the list.Still Pain and Sorrows solo holds a place in my heart at número uno.
There are quite a few smokin solos(being back the smokin joe moniker!)on this album.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

The whole album just Rocks !

gary wrote:
Shredit wrote:

That solo is up there at the top of the list.Still Pain and Sorrows solo holds a place in my heart at número uno.
There are quite a few smokin solos(being back the smokin joe moniker!)on this album.

Murfdog

Late to the party - sorry....

Anyway, not keen on Mountain Climbing nor title track but love This Train & Drive and like the very BB King What I've Known. Sometimes, less is more.....

Still, best album certainly since John Henry.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Late to the party - sorry....

Anyway, not keen on Mountain Climbing nor title track but love This Train & Drive and like the very BB King What I've Known. Sometimes, less is more.....

Still, best album certainly since John Henry.....

Very interesting as MC and title track 2 of my favorites and the most hard rockin on the album
Just goes to show how everyone even in this place has different tastes in music.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Not me!  I like all those.  My definition of Hitsburg, Grammy County, US of A!

Let's get real tough, guys.  Joe SMOKES a Ballad.  And those ballads may indeed R.O.C.K.  wink

Best?! Sure!!! Just like these I just listened again and all the rest before or since.  cool

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket