Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Red Rocks!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Mindy wrote:

Carnegie Hall gets my vote. big_smile

Carnagie Hall would be perfect. Lets not forget The Becon Theater.

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

I'm thinking The Forum and The Pond...that'd be SWEET

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

22 (edited by Rocket 2008-12-02 13:08:18)

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

I was (half) kidding about the 3 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden.  Joe's not ready (probably not willing either) for that.  One would be, as the Brits say, terribly nice. The Beacon would surely be cool.  Only being honest, not faithless or without hope, but I don't think Joe is ready for Carnegie Hall.  I mean this only as far as being a prudent career step decision.  Hold back incriminations, please! Besides one day Carnegie Hall, I'd also like Joe to one day to play The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.  I really like to look further on down the road...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Carnegie Hall gets my vote. big_smile

Carnagie Hall would be perfect. Lets not forget The Becon Theater.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Rocket wrote:

I was (half) kidding about the 3 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden.  Joe's not ready (probably not willing either) for that.  One would be, as the Brits say, terribly nice. The Beacon would surely be cool.  Only being honest, not fatihless or without hope, but I don't think Joe is ready for Carnegie Hall.  I mean this only as far as being a prudent career step decision.  Hold back incriminations, please! Besides one day Carnegie Hall, I'd also like Joe to one day to play The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.  I really like to look further on down the road...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Carnegie Hall gets my vote. big_smile

Carnagie Hall would be perfect. Lets not forget The Becon Theater.

Hey Rocket,
There's always the Felt Forum smile
I'm not sure I agree with your feelings about Carnagie Hall, it feels like the next logical step.
Royal Albert Hall-Carnagie Hall it could be BIG.

fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

24 (edited by Rocket 2008-12-02 13:37:21)

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Yeah fuzz, I understand where you're coming from.  It would be big.  In my mind, however, I would find playing Carnegie Hall would be best if Joe had released an album of completely self-penned material .  Maybe he's doing that as we write (The Ballad of John Henry being based "loosely" both on Spike Driver Blues and the folk standard IT was "loosely" based on, itself not really ever being a concise standard template anyway, therefore in my book qualifies as self-penned), or maybe he'll never do that.  But to me, that might be the apogee of appropriateness.  By that I mean from Joe's perspective, not yours and mine (even though me expressing it here seems like "mine", I'd settle for "yours" smile of course, but we know either way it's an Artist-Management decision).  Regardless, would be sweet.  I'm sure a lot of us would still settle for Austin City Limits, The Tonight Show or The Late Show appearance(s), whether preceding or post the Royal Albert Hall appearance.  OK, I said it-I'd really like to see some TV time soon (not everybody can get out or even afford to "go out" wink)!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:
Rocket wrote:

I was (half) kidding about the 3 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden.  Joe's not ready (probably not willing either) for that.  One would be, as the Brits say, terribly nice. The Beacon would surely be cool.  Only being honest, not fatihless or without hope, but I don't think Joe is ready for Carnegie Hall.  I mean this only as far as being a prudent career step decision.  Hold back incriminations, please! Besides one day Carnegie Hall, I'd also like Joe to one day to play The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.  I really like to look further on down the road...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

Carnagie Hall would be perfect. Lets not forget The Becon Theater.

Hey Rocket,
There's always the Felt Forum smile
I'm not sure I agree with your feelings about Carnagie Hall, it feels like the next logical step.
Royal Albert Hall-Carnagie Hall it could be BIG.

fuzzy

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Isnt every year a World Tour foe Joe?

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Garth would be Happy that my dream venue for Joe is happening. The Civic Center Music Hall in OKC. I have seen so many acts since my first concert there in 1970. Gran Funk, Yes, Trapeze, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, Grateful Dead, Heart, Mountain, Savoy Brown, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Edgar Winter, Pink Floyd. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Now Joe Bonamassa. The goals Joe shared when you asked him are being obtained and Garth is one of the many that have helped reach those goals and turn those dreams into reality.

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

I'd be happy with a Manchester date sad

28 (edited by roadshow101 2010-01-07 19:03:54)

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Carnegie Hall is not the right venue for a rock band like Joe. The room is way to excitable and tough to mix. The Beacon Theatre gets my Vote. Great room great acoustics

"Music Washes Away From The Soul, The Dust Of Everyday Life"

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

The uptown theater  in KC MO

Thanks, Josh

30 (edited by Deezer 2010-01-07 22:11:36)

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

roadshow101 wrote:

Carnegie Hall is not the right venue for a rock band like Joe. The room is way to excitable and tough to mix. The Beacon Theatre gets my Vote. Great room great acoustics

Yep. It is noted in the liner notes of SRV's Live At Carnegie Hall how tough it was to mix for that show, but that on the quiet stuff, it was really cool. Jimmie Vaughan was quoted that the mix on the cd probably sounded better than what the audience heard that night.

That being said, that would be pretty awesome for Joe to play that room. Just to say that you played Carnegie Hall, who cares how the room sounds. big_smile

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

I sure hope he won't forget about the Netherlands!

Be sure not to play the Amsterdam Arena, the acoustics are really bad there. The Gelredome or Ahoy are perfect, see ya there!

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

...got my ticket for the Hammersmith Apollo... but standing room only up in the Gods!!!... damn it!... going to need a permit and a very long lense!... sad

...but at least i`ll be there! smile

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Let's not get carried away with recommending  the largest arena's on earth. I suscribe to the theory that an act like Joe's may be better suited for a quality smaller venue vs. a 25,000 seat arena ( Madison Square). Let me see...Let me think...yea, I got it... Toads in New Haven is more like it (-:  ...the house that U2 built! A pit...maybe but I would rather STAND 15 feet away from him regardless of what they call the tour...one day closer to Peekskill...

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

Rhoovis wrote:

Let's not get carried away with recommending  the largest arena's on earth. I suscribe to the theory that an act like Joe's may be better suited for a quality smaller venue vs. a 25,000 seat arena ( Madison Square). Let me see...Let me think...yea, I got it... Toads in New Haven is more like it (-:  ...the house that U2 built! A pit...maybe but I would rather STAND 15 feet away from him regardless of what they call the tour...one day closer to Peekskill...

The day I promote Joe at MSG you get no backstage pass! yikes lol Toad's already been done a few years back.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

The Royal Albert Hall is a great DVD to watch at home.But i personally prefer smaller rocking
venues,with standing area.Who wants to sit on their a.. all night when Joe is playing!Keep
Blues Rock alive and not just another theatre show.
I hope he comes to Munich,anywhere will do.

Re: Bonamassa World Tour 2010

True enough about wanting to sit groundhog, but I would get used to it.  I believe the days of bar hopping are totally a thing of the past.  It's been Joe's goal all along to play (and rule) 2,000-2500 sit down venues.  He's doing that and I believe the scale is tipping to larger venues.  I would find it very difficult to believe he is not going to pack in at the very least 1,000 every and any where he roams now.  The word is truly out now.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”