Re: Un-aged JBLPs for sale...

Congrats! Have fun with the new babe... wink

If I hadnt my '57 Goldtop I'd buy one immediately.
But its an amazing LP that I#ll never sell..

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

puppetz323 wrote:

Tomorrow after dropping the wife off at the air port I'll be racing to my parents to pick up my new guitar!!!  AHHHHhahahaa!  JB#268!!!!!  I dont think I will sleep tonight.  Ive been waiting for a les paul my whole life and looking for about a year now.  I even went in for the next day saturday shipping!!!

Just fyi, you are bound by Les Paul Owner Code to post WAY too many pictures of your brand new guitar. Congrats smile

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

puppetz323 wrote:

Tomorrow after dropping the wife off at the air port I'll be racing to my parents to pick up my new guitar!!!  AHHHHhahahaa!  JB#268!!!!!  I dont think I will sleep tonight.  Ive been waiting for a les paul my whole life and looking for about a year now.  I even went in for the next day saturday shipping!!!

hehe yeah it does put a smile on yer face don't it! Congrats!!!!

Oh that first ding is gonna hurt!!!!!!

22 (edited by puppetz323 2008-11-21 19:58:50)

That first ding will hurt for sure!  I know the dent in my bank account felt ok...one of the few times it did!  I was actually thinking of not buying a JBSig model and started looking for non chambered with close to the same features...haaa..big price tags.  I know those historic 59 Iced Tea flame tops are nice lookin!  Once I get some pics up Ill post the link.  This is a cool forum Im glad I signed up! Later Bonamaniacs!

Ohh and Joe the next time you are anywhere near michigan (probably Johio) Ill have to make the drive again... this time so you can sign the pickgaurd...

I have it!!!  YEAH!!!  I dropped my jaw once I got through the packing!!!  Its f*&%ing awsome!  And for once I picked up a les paul that has some weight to it.  This guitar sounded loud right out of the case.  Cranked the amp once I got home.  This guitar makes an amp sound so much better.  My amp isnt the amp of choice anymore.  Ive recently went back to what I really love to play and thats the classic rock, hard rock, hard blues stuff.  The amp I currently own is a mesa boogie triple rec.  Bought the amp off a buddy of mine cause I was doing a few metal projects (I have a huge love for all music...except for trance/techno, RnB, rap, and radio hack sh*t).  It really is the holy grail of heavy metal heads, but eventhough it has modern/vintage selections on each channel...it doesnt really help much.  For some reason though that les paul gives that amp something to choke on...and thats a nice well rounded sound.  I wasnt sure about those nylon saddles cause they seem like they might dead'n the string and also wear out, but man they tame those high strings nice cause some les pauls are way harsh!  That guitar sings!!  Not to mention that you can harness all kinds of feedback which I have NEVER been able to do with any guitar through any amp.  You can actually let a bent note start feeding and it wont go overboard and wont go dead on you.  Neck pickup is nice and warm with the volume all the way up...cut back on it and it almost sounds clean.  Bridge pickup is bright, has some punch, but not very harsh.  Since Ive Been Lovin You with the nice neck to bridge switch...sounds great on this guitar no matter what you play it though...even my little honeytone 9v (yes I did try it since thats what I take to the cabin in the summers).  Awsome guitar...you dont own one...go buy one!!!  Its one of your few chances to own a 59 clone thats not over 5k!  Wildwoodguitars will help you out!  Ohh and check out those 59historic iced tea bursts... very nice, but more money than I have spent on any of my cars (Id rather have nice things in my house like a JB les paul than drive a nice car...yeah Im the jackass crankin blues in traffic in the beatup truck... :-D)   Pics of my new love are coming soon...the wife has our good camera and this one Im using doesnt catch what this guitar looks like in good lighting...its got a killer shimmer!

Congrats, man!!! Can't wait to see the pics! Interesting about the nylon saddles, I might have to put those on my 58.

Oh what to do....should I go for it or not...cash isn't there...esp with Christmas around the corner. But I definitely want one...I has all of my fav parts of a les paul in 1....UGH  My strat and les paul studio is up on ebay to sell to get some money for this...MINT 2007 Strat deluxe and Mint 2007 studio....patience...I know...

this is GAS at its worse!!!

HELP!!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Congrats Puppetz! Enjoy! Besides grabbing yourself a really fun guitar to play, you made a good investment. You have something that should last you a lifetime!!!

Paul, I share your pain !!  sad

You right handed people just don't know how lucky you are.

We bear no grudges.
Enjoy smile

PaulB74 wrote:

Wow........I'm almost lost for words!!! Am not a huge fan of the ageing I have to say, would rather contribute to that myself! That right there is just one seriously beautiful looking guitar, had no idea there was going to be some un-aged ones out there. All I need now is some left-handed un-aged ones to come out, and er....some money and I'd be set!!!

If only.............:(

Way to go Puppetz- I know it's gonna be awesome.  Being passionate about an axe like that can really have an ongoing, positive effect for you as a player... The JB Les Pauls have an understated class- it looks like a great guitar first... a tribute instrument second.  I'd have absolutely no reservations about being seen in public with that Axe. 
   On the other hand, some tribute guitars really miss for me, because they are just too personalised and showy. I could give you an example... the EVH Fender.  How could anyone else play that guitar on stage? I think we all know that's Eddy's guitar.

"All You have to do is write one true sentence..." E. Hemingway

Only four more are available. 

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gi … om_artist/

Good Luck
Bill

If only I'd bought $1000 worth of CitiBank stock last monday!

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

Guitgator wrote:

If only I'd bought $1000 worth of CitiBank stock last monday!

No kidding...I put $50 into GM a couple weeks ago and its up to almost $70 now which I guess isn't bad.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Just a FYI.....

If anyone is still looking for an unaged Bonamassa Les Paul, Musicians Friend and Guitar Center web sites list them as available and ready to ship for $3999 USD. On the GC site you can pick the guitar by serial number. Doesn't appear that you can do that on MF's site. Maybe if you call them you could.