1 (edited by ken 2008-11-17 10:14:36)

Topic: Un-aged JBLPs for sale...

I didn't want this to get lost in the other thread, but I think this is pretty big news. I know there were some people who wanted the guitar without the aging, so here they are!!!

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gi … om_artist/

Anyone got an extra $4000 laying around that I can borrow?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Those were especially made for Wildwood guitars.. They are actually not aged.. They will be the rarest ones out there.  Cause I think there are only 25 being produced not aged.. Everything the same except the aging ..  Enjoy
joe bonamassa

Re: Un-aged JBLPs for sale...

Wow........I'm almost lost for words!!! Am not a huge fan of the ageing I have to say, would rather contribute to that myself! That right there is just one seriously beautiful looking guitar, had no idea there was going to be some un-aged ones out there. All I need now is some left-handed un-aged ones to come out, and er....some money and I'd be set!!!

If only.............:(

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Wish I had known Gibson was going to make a few non-aged. I would have waited. Maybe.... Regardless I'm still happy with my JBLP #36.

I only recently heard that was going to happen. I thought they were going to do an additional run of the unaged guitars but evidently decided to make the last 25 unaged.

I like the aged and am happy with #38 too. I understand some people not caring for the aging. It is an aquired taste. I would say that it would make the last 25 serial #'s just as desirable as the first 25.

Stop posting this info on here!  Im trying to get the cash together to get one of these!!!  Uyy yuy yuy!  In one day two of them sold!!!  Lucky me the one I want is still there!

I'm trying to gather the $$$ myself but I may not before they're gone. Oh well I don't really need another. But I do want one!!!

I want to have all of the funds, buy the wife is sounding like she wants me to just go for it...  I was actually bummed knowing that they came out aged.  The way I look at it...if it was actually played and used to the point of looking like that would be something, but being it was made that way...no thanks!  So a non aged jb model which has all the features that I want in a les paul, hell yeah!

Wow...kinda cool....I see they're going pretty fast,looks like only a few left....: (

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I did the tally today and theres no way I can afford another unless I sell some gear. I'd rather not do that.

Guess it's just not in the cards.

Hey Spider I've been doing the same sums too. I think I came to the same conclusion. So it looks like my aged 043 will be lonely, well except for the R9 and R7 she leans up against. :-D. I did work out I would be prepared to sell both of my PRSs and a couple of others. The trouble is those un-aged ones are going quick but in the current climate private sales of regular guitars is not a quick process. Not to mention the current £:$ exchange rate, as I'm in the UK.

GAS is a terrible illness in times of recession :-(

Pete

Siiiick! I like it, give the people out there some options.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

I am in the process of selling off some gear to get one of the unaged models.  Well I hope I can before they are all gone.

Does anyone know if Joe uses his model at all on tour?

Barry

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

I am in the process of selling off some gear to get one of the unaged models.  Well I hope I can before they are all gone.

Barry

It's been his main guitar the last few times I saw him, along with a Rossington Historic or 59.

puppetz323 wrote:

Stop posting this info on here!  Im trying to get the cash together to get one of these!!!  Uyy yuy yuy!  In one day two of them sold!!!  Lucky me the one I want is still there!

Ok so which one is the one you want just in case I get my funds.  This way I don't pick the one you are interested in.

Barry

Pete59 wrote:

Hey Spider I've been doing the same sums too. I think I came to the same conclusion. So it looks like my aged 043 will be lonely, well except for the R9 and R7 she leans up against. :-D. I did work out I would be prepared to sell both of my PRSs and a couple of others. The trouble is those un-aged ones are going quick but in the current climate private sales of regular guitars is not a quick process. Not to mention the current £:$ exchange rate, as I'm in the UK.

GAS is a terrible illness in times of recession :-(

Pete

I could easily put it on the card but it's not so easy when the bill comes!

ken wrote:
LesPaul4 wrote:

Barry

It's been his main guitar the last few times I saw him, along with a Rossington Historic or 59.

Thanks Ken....

I kind of figured that Joe was the type of person to use the axe that's got his name on it.  Unfortunately, many musicians don't use their signature guitars at all.

17 (edited by puppetz323 2008-11-21 15:14:04)

Tomorrow after dropping the wife off at the air port I'll be racing to my parents to pick up my new guitar!!!  AHHHHhahahaa!  JB#268!!!!!  I dont think I will sleep tonight.  Ive been waiting for a les paul my whole life and looking for about a year now.  I even went in for the next day saturday shipping!!!

Congrats!!!!

#268 wasn't on my list...LOL

I have my LP studio and Fender Deluxe Strat for sale on ebay...so hopefully next week I can get the JBLP