73 (edited by Deezer 2006-08-08 16:18:25)

Re: Los Lonely Boys New Album

For the record, and this is sad, most of those girls are 40-something women. Not lying about that.

Secondly, that is just horrible. I don't offended by too much, but wow. I don't like John Lennon's music or (if you can call it such) Britney Spears's, Yellowcard's, Blink 182's (come to think of it, out of all I've mentioned, Lennon's is the only one I respect). But dude never in a million years would I wish death upon them. Music is not that important to wish death upon them. Sorry.

Those "3 less" would mean about 3 or 4 children per parent without a dad.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

J Bil,

You are full of it.  You are just a hater, and a terrible liar.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

And we wonder why there can't be peace on earth sad

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

wow..I think those boys are pretty good.. they are definately not another boy band.. I think maybe Jbilicky or whatever just doesn't like mainstream guys.. and he's probably very young if he wishes death upon anyone.. and/or stupid.

"You jump in front of my car when you.. you know all the time.. ninety miles an hour girl is the.. speed I drive.. "

I bought the new cd after reading the start of this thread. I must say, it grabbed me with the first song, but in my opinion, it sorta went downhill from there. I like two or three of the songs, but the rest is pretty unmemorable.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

wow, you can't notice when some one is obviously stirring the sh*t, you take life way too seriously! lighten up! i obviously hit a nerve and just decided to keep poking at it

but back on topic LLB is a record company darling that puts image ahead of musicianship and song quality, the latest albums is pretty weak

No.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

For the record, and this is sad, most of those girls are 40-something women. Not lying about that.

That's true, it's sick watching woman old enough to be their mothers acting like some dirty old perverts and I could tell you some first hand stories about how wild they can get.

81 (edited by Sunshine 2006-08-09 21:59:34)

Redhouse wrote:

That's true, it's sick watching woman old enough to be their mothers acting like some dirty old perverts and I could tell you some first hand stories about how wild they can get.

But Redhouse, you won't as this wouldn't be very nice to do and I know you are a much better person than that...The 40-ish women on the LLB FF are sweethearts and we had alot of fun over  there with them......truth is some people like LLB and others don't ...got no problem with that.

But to insult the fans of LLB and the band itself, as this person (forget name) is just wrong.

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."

82 (edited by Shady12 2006-08-10 09:11:54)

They didn't go into it to be pop stars.  Their first album wasn't even a major lable, but it did so good it got on one.  Not their fault they have it it big and become mainstream.  Actually, it's to their credit obviously and they should be commended.  I do think the record execs are pressuring them to make the music a certain way now so maybe they'll get more artistic control in the future and hopefully they'll chose on their own to steer away from the poppy route.  I think the new album is very hit and miss.  Some of the lighter stuff I don't like.  Roses people seem to think is great and would be a hit, I really don't like it at all.  Some songs are great..My Way is a great song, My Loneliness, Oye Mamacita, Living My Life.  I really like all those, the others not so much.

I saw LLB last summer when they opened for Santana.  I hadn't heard anything by them besides the heavily-played "Heaven."  I was really impressed.  They had lots of energy, and a great sound.  I think those boys are pretty good musicians, too.   

After a couple of listens to the new album, to me most of the songs sound the same.  I like a few, mostly the ones that Shady mentioned, but I was kinda getting bored with hearing the same harmonies over and over.  I happen to have the Walmart version with the bonus track of "Iselia."  It's a beautiful song...a piano solo written and sung by JoJo, and totally unlike any other song on the CD.

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

as i said before, all my other comments were there to stir the sh*t, in no way way do i wish any harm to come to any member of the LLB, so onto the real discussion:

i just have a REAL hard time taking these guys seriously, after reading the interview with henry in guitar player regarding how he wanted "my way" for instance to sound, he wanted to have a baritone sax on it but the producer said no way so they caved and did it the producer's way, and the song even says don't tell him how to make his music

in my OPINION, yes, they have talent, however i believe it's misdirected

I'd love to take a look at that interview, J Bil...is it online?

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Sad news to pass along - I just got a phone call from the veterinarian. The horse you're beating passed away...

chris -

http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?s … code=15252

LLB reminds me of John Mayer. They both give Blues a bad name.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

This thread is irritating...I'm out of here

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."