Re: I've been silent for some time...

John M wrote:

Thanks for the good laugh, River Cat. Rowr! Phhst! Phhst!

QFT

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Wow.  It's impressive to see the band members active here and interacting with their loyal fans.  I just hope they aren't being discouraged by some of the negativity here.

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

Nah, this ain't nothing. You should've been here when Kenny and Eric were let go.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks for the response Bogie. No matter how great Joe, the band, the crew are to the fans, there will be that 1% that feel the need to #@$@# about something.  I really hope that doesn't "get" to any of you and its not taken personally.  We fans really appreciate what we receive, and I think you guys go above and beyond most other bands.

I guess I need to clarify my above comment, although I was only trying to get in touch with a friend and hear more of her side of the story.

First, I really don't have much opinion on Joe's interaction with fans, as I'm never able to stay long enough after a show to talk to him. The one time I did, after the Wausau show last year, he seemed very rushed, as he quickly signed my CD and disappeared. That didn't concern me too much, as I realized he was near the end of a very long tour and was most likely exhausted.  And I don't believe he's required to be at the "beck and call" of "enamored" fans. And, most often I do hear about how kind he is to stay after shows. I don't know what other examples Kristine is referring to, but I'm interested to hear off-site if she wants to share.

Bogie and Joe, I appreciate your professionalism and interest in commenting on this topic.  Thank you.

Rivercat, what I meant about "getting involved in the crap on here" was only that I want to keep myself out of the #@$@# sessions, on here as well as the blog.  I realize Joe's fans were coming to his defense and sharing their knowledge in this thread. And I do support free speech. 

Hope that makes sense. Peace all.

Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.

Samual Johnson

BOGIE!!

Well said, my friend...

And I want to take this opportunity now that Bogie has commented, to mention how accessible and nice he and Mark are as well as Joe. I've only met Bogie and Mark once, at the Shank Hall show in March, but let me tell you, you won't find nicer guys- Very professional, took time for everyone, and in my opinion, you couldn't ask for 2 better musicians to accompany Joe.  I think the stars were lined up just right when those two joined up with Joe. Amazing trio!!

Namaste

43 (edited by rediman 2006-08-02 14:58:56)

Bogie,

Very well said my friend.  Next time, I want a drum stick too haha.  Love you guys, you know that.  But dude, grow some hair back hahaha, just kidding, Mark's got enough for everyone.  Take care, see you soon.

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

And, can I add, I think we've beat this one to death, everyone knows how Joe is to his fans.  Enough said!

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

Deezer wrote:

Nah, this ain't nothing. You should've been here when Kenny and Eric were let go.

that was definetly an experience

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Did nobody read my post on page-1.  I'm disappointed in this fact alone!  Joe was there for the FANS!!!!   He signed autographs, posed for pictures, signed items people purchased or brought to the show!    The problem here isn't Joe...It's the people posting on this issue and not reading the facts.

I always take pictures of the show and afterwards for myselt and others who want their photo taken with Joe.  I snapped a quick one when Jubbins was having Joe sign her second DVD of Rockplast.  (1st one just disappeared one day).  There must be a "closet Joe fan" who visits our house.

Anyway...Just stop it!  Enough is enough.  Joe was more than graceious to the people who wanted access to him.   He was standing in front of the Mill Creek Club next to the bus. 

Kristine:  How were you able to leave the club and not see Joe surrounded?

Ok...I'll stop now.   But let's all stop this BS!
Sun

Just when I discovered the meaning of life, it changed.