Re: Newbie... recent but total convert!

hi libby, yes iv signed to save the best radio station on earth and im hopefull something can be done,    what an amazing guitar that is, i was maybe 8feet from it when joe played mountain   its a stunning  guitar with a stunning player on the end of it  big_smile,   im now gonna try and get a ticket  to cornbury in july the thought of joe outdoors on a summer ? evening is  a must for me.

who draws the crowd n plays so loud    jb he,s the guitar man.

20 (edited by gsj 2008-02-24 14:23:02)

That'll be because the older generation have more taste when it comes to music....and a few other things beside big_smile big_smile big_smile. Listen read and learn from those that have gone before...then carry it foreward.....kind of like Joe is doing smile

Cheshire_Lass wrote:

Hi Tripsy,

Thanks for the welcome..... I am thoroughly enjoying the JB love-in!

I wonder if Paul Jones realises what he's started by having Joe & his band on his show!!

The strange thing is we don't tend to tune into Blues shows, having previously more been fans of the rock & prog-rock genres.... but I'm SO glad we did!

It's nice to find someone so young as Joe to support... most of the other bands/performers we go to see are drawing their pensions!

Libby/Cheshire_Lass

Tripsy wrote:

Hi Libby

Welcome to the forum. I know exactly how you feel after hearing Joe for the first time. I too heard Joe on the Paul Jones show for the first time. The track was 'You Upset Me Baby' which I have heard covered by other people, especially like Gary Moore, but I was so excited I just went straight to the computer and typed in his name. Then I went to You Tube and watched him performing 'You Upset Me Baby'. I was totally blown away. I too thought 'how have I not heard of this incredible guy before'. I quickly got everything available by him. The first album I heard was Blues Deluxe which is still my favourite closely followed by A New Day Yesterday. Oh hell I just love 'em all. There are two new albums to look forward to this year, one live and one studio. Can't wait.

Don't worry about the age thing. I'm not far behind you but listening to great music and going to gigs keeps me feeling like a teenager.

All the best Tripsy

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Hey shad... just an idea, maybe JB could buy Planet Rock.. then we could have wall-to-wall JB on our radios!! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

shad176 wrote:

hi libby, yes iv signed to save the best radio station on earth and im hopefull something can be done,    what an amazing guitar that is, i was maybe 8feet from it when joe played mountain   its a stunning  guitar with a stunning player on the end of it  big_smile,   im now gonna try and get a ticket  to cornbury in july the thought of joe outdoors on a summer ? evening is  a must for me.

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"

Ain't that the truth gsj! big_smile

gsj wrote:

That'll be because the older generation have more taste when it comes to music....and a few other things beside big_smile big_smile big_smile. Listen read and learn from those that have gone before...then carry it foreward.....kind of like Joe is doing smile

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"