Re: Venues for a club show in the US

Jane H. ... u hit on what I was thinking when I first saw this Thread last week ... probably not practical now ... but hallowed ground indeed! ... smile

http://www.adirondackdistilling.com/gallery

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

As far as the Chicago area, there have been a number of places Joe has played multiple times. That said, I've seen Joe perform at Shank Hall (Milwaukee) more than any other venue...probably 10 to 12 shows and I'm guessing Joe has played there as often as any other venue. Those were the days of the small trailer and Joe moving his own equipment.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

The Granada Theater in Dallas would be great!! It holds maybe 1000 people.

22 (edited by fett2112 2016-10-22 18:16:24)

I know of a great place in Maine called my living room. We could fit about 30 with an overflow into the kitchen

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

23 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-10-22 20:51:56)

fett2112 wrote:

I know of a great place in Maine called my living room. We could fit about 30 with an overflow into the kitchen

Please keep us posted on the B&B Package pre-sale!! smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

samjp4 wrote:

Higher Ground in Burlington, VT; Chan's Egg Rolls and Jazz in Woonsocket, RI; Sculler's in Cambridge, MA; Stone Church in NH, or maybe he can play after the NASCAR race in Loudon next year (plenty of room since no one goes to the races anymore).  Also the Wolf's Den at Mohegan Sun.

Sandy

It was nice back in the day Seeing Joe at those small venues, but at least we still get Hampton Beach!
The Two Infinity Music Halls in Hartford and Norfolk Ct would be nice. Sell out....8 seconds.

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

The Granada Theater in Dallas would be awesome!!

The Van Buren in Phoenix, place is beautiful and we want Joe!!

Had an interesting dream last night: big, flat open field in the middle of nowhere and I am at Joe concert. Everybody has their seat spaced out away from others, giant red rocks type screens, I am jumping from my seat, clapping, dancing around it ( without blocking anybody's view lol) " And JOE is playing his music. Now typing and trying to remember the whole dream it was partially in some kind of rocket ship hangar or something. Was as great as it could get in a dream lol.

(UPDATE) The Castle Theater in Bloomington, IL....I just caught Walter Trout there in October.  Steve Vai has played there and they've got Big Head Todd on the roster later this year too.  Really cool small venue.

Larkin Poe, Marcus King, Eric Johnson added to the alumni list at The Castle!

"You can't put a price on cool."