Re: My Next Concert (s)

Yes and Alan Parsons Project at Sea World in March - since we have the residents' annual pass, tickets were only $20!  It was out of the blue, but very timely.  I've randomly been listening to both of those groups, as well as Yes members' solo records, a lo this year.

Feb 21st - Rebecca Downes + John Stainthorp & The Laughing Hearts - Darlington Forum

Feb 23rd - John & George (From The Laughing Hearts) @ Richmond; Frenchgate
                (matinee acoustic Blues Show)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

6th March - Newcastle; Cluny:- Wille & The Bandits + Troy Redfern

Bit of a double wammy this one; first opportunity to check out The Bandits 2.0 and Troy's first visit to Newcastle in 4 years and this time he's brought along a spankin' new album to tour.

Joe B. - March 10, Milwaukee, WI
            March 12, Green Bay, WI

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Probably going to see Eric Gales (again) in April.  The date seems to have changed recently but i'll probably go either way.  I love Eric Gales.

On a whim I went to see Popa Chubby at a (relatively) new place 15 minutes from my house, which was really convenient.  He had great tone, and I liked his originals quite a bit.  I don't need to hear any more covers of "Hey Joe" or "Rock Me, Baby" ever again... but overall a really cool set.  I enjoy seeing players that are on the road, playing smaller places, keeping the party going for the love of the music.  It was also awesome to be home in 15 minutes, and not have to drive back from downtown or the blues club in a norther suburb 45 minutes away. I'm definitely getting more conscious of that.  Close is really, really nice...especially for these 'on a whim' types of shows.  Glad I went.

www.popachubby.com

2,077 (edited by BansheeUK 2020-03-11 03:50:46)

14th March - Buck & Evans @ Newcastle; Cluny

18th March - Elles Bailey @ Gateshead; Sage2

Nice one Zeyer; not only a new venue, but a local venue and sounds like a good time had by all; that's a win,Win, WIN situation. I'm lucky where I live in England, there's a range of venues, from "spit'n'sawdust" pubs to arenas and stadia in a 35 mile radius. This includes several long-established Blues Clubs and yet I can still find interesting little corners and  interesting little bands.

The only gripe I occasionally have are the bands who come over and do a "UK Tour" of London, but then on the flip, there are probably loads of bands I mention that you guys would love the opportunity of seeing that don't get across the Atlantic.

annaforjoe wrote:

Blue monday: 5, May - John Primer ( played 16(!) years in Muddy Water's Band) at Muddy's Club in Weinheim/Bergstraße.

Actually John  was only with Muddy for 2 years.  His last 2 years of his life. 

He's a amazing artist, and loves to tour, if he could be on the road all year he would be.  I've known John since 1997 and seen him about 50 times now.  He comes to Indy a lot.  Not like he used to as they don't book him like they used to here, but he gets here 2-3 times a year.

If you ever see where Muddy Waters is joined by the Rolling Stones in Chicago John's in that concert. 
Muddy is playing the checkerboard lounge, and there's like nobody in the place. (kind of sad actually) and about 2 songs in, the stones who will be playing a huge concert the next day just show up and sit right in the front.

Muddy's playing and calls up one of the guys, (Mick i think) and he comes up and one by one the stones come up on the stage.  You see Muddy turn around to John and he says something.  I asked John "what did he say to you?"  He said " no matter what happens, you don't leave this stage, you stay here and play"
And Every guy in Muds band is replaced EXCEPT John, and he's playing guitar with Keith the rest of the concert!

John has a movie coming out about his life...  If you have any place that would have him, post it i'll let his wife know.  He loves touring and he's 71 so get to see him while you can.

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

Keeping positive (in the best way) - my next scheduled gig - The Mentulls at Darlington Forum - 16th April.

Hope that hasn't jinxed it...… Happy New Year guys.....

2,080 (edited by Raiderman 2021-01-05 14:28:49)

Not sure if it will happen but Beth Hart in Indy, Feb 19 2021, however our city is close to a shutdown, and the entire NCAA March Madness tournament will be held in Indiana including games leading up to the even so, it will be tricky for sure.

Spoke too soon, her concert has been moved to Feb 18 2022!

No idea if there will be any live music until places can do stuff outdoors, and that's if any stay open.

Fight ON USC TROJANS!

BansheeUK wrote:

Keeping positive (in the best way) - my next scheduled gig - The Mentulls at Darlington Forum - 16th April.

I was being positive too Mike but we have just moved their 27 March gig in Aberdeen to September.

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

I was being positive too Mike but we have just moved their 27 March gig in Aberdeen to September.

Well, failing that, my next 2 are due at The Cluny in May - Sari Schorr then Robert John & The Wreck; Jeff Beck having already been pushed back to 2022.

Several of the local Blues Clubs have posted their 2021 rosters, but Harry at Saltburn added a sliding scale of probability, from "No chance" to "Bloody well hope so!".

BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Well, failing that, my next 2 are due at The Cluny in May - Sari Schorr then Robert John & The Wreck; Jeff Beck having already been pushed back to 2022.

Several of the local Blues Clubs have posted their 2021 rosters, but Harry at Saltburn added a sliding scale of probability, from "No chance" to "Bloody well hope so!".

Robert Jon moving to September and looks like Sari to October.

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Robert Jon moving to September and looks like Sari to October.

Thanks for the updates Kenny; looks like Mike Zito has cancelled March/April dates.

Keep your ears peeled, Jason Wells, Indiana based "blue-collar" Blues-slinger, is probing for some UK dates: highly recommend this guy.

wish I could be there but I guess it's still quite iffy ? Plus I am not getting on a plane for any reason. I suppose you can check with Grand Central a little closer to the scheduled date

Does anyone know when Eric's new release with Joe producing is due out ? I can't find anything about it

https://www.ericgalesband.com/tour-schedule

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

wish I could be there but I guess it's still quite iffy ? Plus I am not getting on a plane for any reason. I suppose you can check with Grand Central a little closer to the scheduled date

Does anyone know when Eric's new release with Joe producing is due out ? I can't find anything about it

https://www.ericgalesband.com/tour-schedule

Last I saw it was to be out OCT 2020 and nothing...  I wonder if it's done or what.  They have been working on it for over 2 years...

Fight ON USC TROJANS!

I don't know about Next concert, but Saturday will see 1 year since my last: still it was a bloody good one... Wille & The Bandits + Troy Redfern Band

Almost a year since I saw Melvin Taylor Band / Stevie Nimmo. Nothing else since. Anything before September in Scotland will be a bonus.