Re: PPV

DougH wrote:

Just fire up the web video page they give you, connect laptop to the tv, poof

Thank you Doug!  But the "connect" part is what I don't know how to do...

My TV is 4 years old so am sure it has the needed input plug.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

20 (edited by sally12333 2020-08-26 12:13:29)

Jane H. wrote:

im not sure what you are asking, connect with cable or connect to livestream......

Yeah thanks Jane, I meant connecting the laptop to the TV.  So as my typical last resort, I Googled it.  There's one way using a cable and another way to do it wirelessly (that was too complicated.)  So looks like I'll be heading to Best Buy for an HDMI cable, connect it to both devices, set the input on the TV screen to HDMI 2 or 3 depending which TV plug I used, and it is supposed to work...  Will have to experiment a few times before the 20th!  Apologies to all for my being such a klutz!

EDIT:  Got the HDMI cable ($25), plugged into the laptop and into the HDMI2 slot on the tv.  Then had to use the TV remote (not the Comcast remote) to set the TV channel to HDMI2, and darned if it worked!  My laptop screen was duplicated on the TV.  So happy!  Persistence pays off.  Now I can invite a few people to join me!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Don't use wireless unless both the streaming device and TV can do it.
Best bet
Wires

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Are any of us able to access the videos after purchase. His PPV site just wants to sell them to me. Do I have to wait ? Did it state the videos are not watchable until concert date. I am getting little help from them. Thanks peeps !!!!!

Thanks ! Janie

FYI, I never received that unique link and am having difficulty with the response from Joe B. website.

I have to no avail....

Oh, "cripes alfrighty" looks like a password issue.  I am going to get this....

Any problems people must call jr-adventures. Extremely helpful. Use the Jane #954-428-4440. E-mail contact told me my card was never charged. Bull-oney...

I can sleep tonight. I guess there was an account problem. All Joe all the time, thank you to all for the help. Rick

2021 The Joe returns???? We will be there...Blues'in the tea garden already

I would have done it this way anyway. Our PBS usually commercials the hell out of us .Hmmmm? Would it be a "live" broadcast? I certainly don't have a problem raising money for the musicians in need. Definitely anxious for the new music and for Joe B. to be reunited with his band.

@janeh did they give you a start time on Sept 20?

---------------

I sent Tammy at JR an email requesting start time, I will advise here once I find out.

Jane H. wrote:

Doug, it starts at 4PM Eastern.

Jane, I much appreciate the time clarification!  Somehow I thought I saw it was supposed to be 7:30 pm Eastern...  Duh.  Obvi I still have to buy my ticket...

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Duh, guess that is 3:00 Midwest time zone...

It is on the FAQ page. 4:00 Eastern

35 (edited by DougH 2020-09-11 18:39:37)

Bought just the ticket got an email with a link to watch concert "here" link hope it's right

---------------

I found the FAQ page and reviewed this thread. It appears that there is no way I can watch using my full home theater system. Contrary to the advertising there does not appear to be any way to view that concert except by hooking up a laptop to the tv via HDMI and listening through the crappy tv speakers. That plus the buffering problems inherent in Hughesnet means I won't be wasting my time and money trying to watch the concert. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. Would be nice if were 4K UHD with an ATMOS soundtrack but I'm not holding my breath.

Bill