Re: CARS CARS CARS!!!!

Yes, I have seen the Firebird shirt and pins. I'll be adding those to my large collection of Firebird t shirts and Firebird pins. I'll admit it..... I'm a t shirt aholic. LOL

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Glenda, and other cars too.

Addicted to Drums.. Music.. Drums.. Cars.. Drums.. Drums.. Drums.... Not looking for a cure!!

20 (edited by RickB 2020-01-25 15:25:53)

Nice vintage iron.
I was a SoCal hotrodder in my teens and my dad and uncle were too in their day. Tales of souped-up Model A’s that would hit 100 which was the benchmark. Co-pilot to pump the gas tank pressurizer. Unc was wrench on a modified sportsman in the ‘50’s and we’d go to the track and hang in the pits. Gas and oil still in my veins, I enjoy a factory Japanese gentleman’s hot rod these days with bells and whistles. Cushy black on black ride for the wife, but a switch to put it in fun mode and hike up the skirts on back roads. It would blow the doors off my old racers, but lacks that visceral experience. It merely hauls ****.
Fun stuff you’ve got.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

The wife and I went to Barrett Jackson down here in Scottsdale, Az last week.....it was a frickin blast for me, the wifey not so much.....I got to ride in a Hellcat with some 19yo drifter (driver not the other lol) it was wicked fun....Ive never seen so many Chevelle 454s and Mopars…..the wife must have ESP, she says "don't even think about bidding on a car" sad

My plan was to buy a car I like new and keep it forever. Take care of it and not beat it to death. I've had some fun with it.... but I'm still here.... so... so far so good. I'm glad I did because to restore a car, buy one finished or go to an auction... WOW... huge $$$$. I hope to retire someday.

Addicted to Drums.. Music.. Drums.. Cars.. Drums.. Drums.. Drums.... Not looking for a cure!!

If done the right way, restoring a car is very expensive. The labor cost is what drives the price up. But if you want it done right, that takes a lot of time... which equals money.

I've had offers to buy my car but it would cost me a lot more money to replace what I've got, so I'll just keep Ol' Blue.  I don't want to sell it anyway. I'm good.

I like the 3000GT. Electronic issues can be a nightmare.

I've met a lot of great people since I bought my car. Car guys and girls look out for each other... always ready to help out, share knowledge etc.

Yesterday was Ol' Blue's 39th Birthday!! Time sure flies when you're having fun.

Im looking at C5 Corvettes, maybe a 2004, I believe the last year of pop of headlights......under 50,000 miles for around $10,000....the wife wont know until I drive up with one tongue

Shredit wrote:

Im looking at C5 Corvettes, maybe a 2004, I believe the last year of pop of headlights......under 50,000 miles for around $10,000....the wife wont know until I drive up with one tongue

Yes,  it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

My brother bought a 1978 25th Anniversary Corvette new, still owns it with about 60,000 miles on it. He also bought new a 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette, still owns it with about 12,000 miles on it. When he went to order the 50th, he was looking at a $52,000 price tag. He said to the salesman... "my wife will divorce me if I spend that kind of cash." He went home and told his wife the price and she said "You go back to the dealer and order the car!! You work hard you deserve it." The smart man that he is, he RAN out the door. Still has both cars and the wife.

Here's a video of a local car show, at about 9:30 you'll see a guy in a red shirt...me, checking out my ride Ol' Blue. Just glad the drone stayed up in the air...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzzD_9c … e=youtu.be

That's cool dude, great spot on the corner for the TA, I think im going to pull the trigger on a vette, but only if its near mint, im not wrenching on no more cars, im old and tired

It pays to get to the show early. You can get a good spot to park. I'll take grass over dirt and gravel every time. I'll do minor things on my car but I agree... no more turning wrenches.

Good luck with your search for a Vette.

No car right now, were spending way too much money on landscaping.....the family thinks Im Scrooge roll

30 (edited by dknight16 2020-06-02 18:06:09)

2014 Camaro SS/RS is finally out of winter storage. Silverado RST with 6.2L V8 has been on order since February and will hopefully be built this month now that Fort Wayne Assembly is open and accelerating production.  Vroom Vroom

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

So Ive been looking for months to find a car that most peeps dont have.....I find this 2008 Roush 427R Mustang, mint, 16,000 miles, one of 388 made for under $20,000.....I go down and drive it, the salesman smoked 2 cigaretes when we got back....I call the wife to tell her this tire smoking beast belongs in my garage....."NOPE YOU AINT BUYING IT"....Im still moping around the house, guess I should just wear a dress from now on, I definetly dont wear the pants in this house mad

Ouch.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster