Good to try writing with someone new

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: Brand New Studio Album, New Rig, Older Tunes coming for 2019 Fall Tour

gary wrote:

That sounds pretty cool!
Good to try writing with someone new

As I understand it- they write the complete thing together. Not bad
maybe the one or other british blues top act pop in to help.
Eric where are you?

Bernie Marsden has penned some great tracks in the past. The result could be a breath of fresh air especially with the different amps. With the Marshall a more Rockpallast sound would be excellent (my favourite sound). big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Is Bernie a horns guy?
Couldn’t resist ☺️

Your rock candy baby

Devil horns \m/

gary wrote:

Is Bernie a horns guy?
Couldn’t resist ☺️

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I believe the six string bass has been used by Jack Bruce (Cream) and JPJ (Led Zep) so maybe heavy, without horns or keyboards - power trio perhaps??
(Although Jools Holland is a keyboard player.)
I think Joe is teasing us on this one.

Lester...

Heavy? Did  someone say heavy? Give the fans what they want !!

Your rock candy baby

DougH wrote:

Although I'm not so sure about him "re-visting" ANDY.

I would like to hear ANDY with updated vocals and production, both of which have improved since the early days.

Lester...

I agree with HEAVY big_smile

Jane H. wrote:

saw Joe posted recording postponed till January and mentioned Anton...checked his instagram
speedy healing Anton!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByoW_YmgYzc/

Wishes for a speedy recovery Anton!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Wishing for Anton to get well soon and listening to his great solo on Angel of Mercy from Peoria, IL show on 08/25?2017 ( video by our forum member JJ ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCzVNmP … e=youtu.be

I agree! I hope he plays John Henry on thios upcoming Summer and Fall tolur. I have tix too mall 3 nights at The Beacon

reo l wrote:
RickB wrote:

New tunes, old tunes, all good for me.
Rick

For me - really old plus completely new tunes ( maybe never heard live before>>>! ) - can you imagine: opening with who killed John Henry?!!! And what about going completely hard core and ripping of one of those double necks of the wall for a song or two lol.... mmm what?...

Neal Schon of Journey posted this yesterday: " - looks like we will not only be neighbors in TN soon but play on a heavy slow blues that we will cut in London at the famous Abbey Rd., Studio A With producer Kevin Shirley at the helm and Joe's amazing band mid January 2020" https://www.instagram.com/nealschon/

Bernie Marsden, Jools Holland and now Neal Schon are playing at Joe's new album! The music must be amazing! Really looking forward to this one - enigmatic next Joe's creation. Joe said he is going to live in London for a whole month of January to draw an inspiration for this album.

reo l wrote:

Neal Schon of Journey posted this yesterday: " - looks like we will not only be neighbors in TN soon but play on a heavy slow blues that we will cut in London at the famous Abbey Rd., Studio A With producer Kevin Shirley at the helm and Joe's amazing band mid January 2020" https://www.instagram.com/nealschon/

Bernie Marsden, Jools Holland and now Neal Schon are playing at Joe's new album! The music must be amazing! Really looking forward to this one - enigmatic next Joe's creation. Joe said he is going to live in London for a whole month of January to draw an inspiration for this album.

So cool...thanks for sharing!!...I can not wait to hear it and see the new show next year!!! Oh and Hey Joe...would love to see BCC tour the states next summer...maybe opening for AC/DC...that would be Killer!!!!   

I’m liking the concept behind this new album.
Using Abbey Road is an inspiration, there’s a lot of musical history in that building.
Be interesting to see if he uses horns and/or backing vocals as neither really feature on the old traditional British Blues.
With a bit of luck we might even get a couple of small gigs in London to showcase some of the new songs, just a shame that a lot of the old venues from the 60’s and 70’s have now disappeared.
I also expect a photo of the band on the Zebra crossing - it’s got to be done!

Lester

Joe mentioned on his Instagram yesterday that Bernie Marsden co-wrote 3/4th of Joe’s new album. How interesting.  Need to find and listen to his music if Joe likes him so much.

Just listen to early Whitesnake. Excellent blues rock guitarist and owner of the beast which Joe has borrowed on several occasions. big_smile

Hi all, does anyone have a rough idea of a release date for the new album? I have tickets to see JB in May and am assuming he will be playing from the new album then?