1 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2019-05-16 16:46:39)

Topic: Brand New Studio Album, New Rig, Older Tunes coming for 2019 Fall Tour

As I understand it Joe is going back to his High Gain Amps and lots of Pedals Sound...

He rebuilt the "Hoyt Axton" Dumble and is using it in his New Rig for the Fall 2019 tour...

Details on the entire rig forthcoming from Joe soon...

He also stated he is heading into the Abbey Road Studios during the upcoming 2 month break before the Summer Tour starts to record a Brand New Album...  smile

The New Album should debut during the Fall 2019 tour...If not as a work in progress sooner!!

He also siad he is going to re-visit material he has not played in almost 10 years for this Fall 2019 tour... smile

Hope that explains it a bit better...Cant wait till This November 16...Saturday Night at the Beacon...Should be Killer!!!!

"We are all Just Mutants of the Monster"

Re: Brand New Studio Album, New Rig, Older Tunes coming for 2019 Fall Tour

Well since Joe has been playing for a lot more than ten years I hope he goes back further than that.  I still miss those days.  A little preview during the summer tour would be nice as well.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

All sounds very interesting, wonder if his new album will still have the horns and backing vocals.
Pleased to hear some of the earlier songs are being revisited.
I was hoping for a bit of a nostalgia trip at the RAH last month but it didn’t happen.

Lester

Sounds interesting,  too bad the fall dates are too far of a road trip this fall, hope for closer locations in the spring

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

5 (edited by gary 2019-05-16 21:36:46)

Always look forward to a new solo album
Probably actual product out next spring
Playing some new songs on tour it sounds like is the plan.
  The  other thing is he did a remake of ANDY Not sure when that is being released ? But maybe that’s the old material he is going to play?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Always look forward to a new solo album
Probably actual product out next spring
Playing some new songs on tour it sounds like is the plan.
  The  other thing is he did a remake of ANDY Not sure when that is being released ? But maybe that’s the old material he is going to play?

He’s bringing back the “ Just Got Paid” medley!  Can’t foresee horns or backup on that...

Rock ON $ Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

New studio album is always exciting!

New tunes, old tunes, all good for me.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

New tunes, old tunes, all good for me.
Rick

For me - really old plus completely new tunes ( maybe never heard live before>>>! ) - can you imagine: opening with who killed John Henry?!!! And what about going completely hard core and ripping of one of those double necks of the wall for a song or two lol.... mmm what?...

Jane H. wrote:

stoked for new music!!! i did see in a JnR email I think that TBOJH is ten years old...who needs covers when you got that to pull out big_smile

the next album is always what i am waiting for tho. I wonder why Abbey road studios?

Because it is legendary. But I would have preferred British Grove Studios.

Jane H. wrote:

the next album is always what i am waiting for tho. I wonder why Abbey road studios?

It’s an iconic venue along with the Royal Albert Hall, probably been on Joe’s bucket list for a while.
Unfortunately he can’t call the new album Abbey Road as that’s already been done by a four-piece from Liverpool.
Maybe he’s going to use a lot of vintage guitars and amps and wants a studio with a bit of history.
Just be interested to know if we’re getting new songs, remastered older songs or a collection of UK blues covers.

Lester

Snakebite goes back on the road https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvSFIcDQYL/ - Joe keeps throwing golden nuggets at us!!! So exiting!!!

Man this is really exciting if true.

I was just wondering about news of the next release. Maybe just me but felt like we’ve had less news here recently about new releases than years past. Are we getting a new live album between the next studio album and this one? I really hope we get a live album including some of his original tunes from the last two albums.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

September 9th 2019 - "THE 12-YEAR ANNIVERSARY BASH IS SET FOR MONDAY, SEPT 9, 2019!
SO FAR WE HAVE: JOE BONAMASSA, JIMMY VIVINO, POPA CHUBBY AND MANY MORE..  https://www.instagram.com/p/BxwUIEtDK3B/

Although I'm not so sure about him "re-visting" ANDY.

What I am interested in is,  is he going to take a new direction in his studio album compared to his last

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hey Doug. Good question. It does seem like Joe and Kevin Shirley try to not to do copy themselves from album to album.
Now sometimes things still sound samey.
One of the big questions is he keeping the horns. If so I would not expect a big change in the sound.
  For BOD they used two drummers for Redemption an extra guitar player. One can debate on how much these make a big difference. I don’t see a big change though if he is still going to use the same outside writers and incorporate the full horn into the songs.
   Of course there is a big contingency on doing a power trio. For some reason I don’t see it happening. Perhaps going back to just a keyboard player may seem more realistic.
  But if I had to bet, the horns are still around. If thats the case I would not expect much more than a subtle change in the next album

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

DougH wrote:

What I am interested in is,  is he going to take a new direction in his studio album compared to his last

- something tells me that new album will be completely different. I have a hunch of what it might be.  Feel scared but also looking forward to Joe's new music.

On Joe’s Different Shades Of Blue show Joe said the new album would be a British Blues type. We’ll see.