Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

The Mentulls wrote:
The Mentulls wrote:

Friday 23rd Sept 2016: The Mentulls - The Arc, Stockton (special guests of Danny Bryant)
Friday 19th May 2017: The Mentulls - The Forum, Darlington


The show at The Forum, Darlington on 19th May has been re-scheduled to a later date.

Details of the re-arranged date will follow.

The Mentulls

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

The Mentulls wrote:
The Mentulls wrote:
The Mentulls wrote:

Friday 23rd Sept 2016: The Mentulls - The Arc, Stockton (special guests of Danny Bryant)
Friday 19th May 2017: The Mentulls - The Forum, Darlington


The show at The Forum, Darlington on 19th May has been re-scheduled to a later date.

Details of the re-arranged date will follow.

The Mentulls

WHaaaaTTT?  How long's a guy gotta wait for a local Mentulls gig?....  wink

Appreciate the heads-up.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

BansheeUK wrote:
The Mentulls wrote:

The show at The Forum, Darlington on 19th May has been re-scheduled to a later date.

Details of the re-arranged date will follow.

The Mentulls

WHaaaaTTT?  How long's a guy gotta wait for a local Mentulls gig?....  wink

Appreciate the heads-up.


The band would love to play a local show or two.......................but only promoters from outside the North East seem to want to book us !!

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Updated & spring cleaned.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Nudged....

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Asked the other evening to give this event a nudge: as it's in a very worthy cause here goes.....

HOWZAT!! - Saltburn Music Festival 2017....
Saltburn Cricket Club; Marske Lane, Saltburn TS12 1HJ  - Sunday Sept 3rd (2pm - 11pm)

The Jar Family:  Kaz Hawkins:  Emma Wilson Band:  Big Red & The Grinners:  Groovetrain:  Hot Tin Roof:  Reece Hillis

£20 advance, £25 on the day - All proceeds in support of Great North Air Ambulance.
www.yorkshireticketshop.co/howzatfestival
Whistlestop Wines;  Saltburn Cricket Club;
T - 07960935263
E - harry@saltbunbluesclub.co.uk
W - www.howzatmusicfestival.co.uk

Some great "Summertime Blues" and for a great cause..... so come on.....

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER

Darlington Market Place Free Festival

THE BERNIE MARSDEN BAND [ex Whitesnake]
4:00pm to 5:20pm


EDDIE MARTIN BAND
2:30pm to 3:30pm

TERESA WATSON BAND
1:00pm to 2:00pm

FRINGE FESTIVAL

THE DOLPHIN CENTRE [Market Square]
The Hookahs [1:45pm - 3:30pm], Tim Green Band [5:00pm - 6:45pm].

THE BOOT ‘N’ SHOE [Market Square]
Chris James & Martin Fletcher [2:30pm - 4:15pm].

THE HOLE IN THE WALL [Market Square]
The Miles Gilderdale Band [2:30pm - 4:15pm].

THE PENNYWEIGHT [Market Square]
Midnite Blue [2:00pm - 3:45pm], The Regals [5:15pm - 7:00pm], Broken Levee [8:00pm - 9:45pm].

THE QUAYS [Tubwell Row]
Lee Bates & Billy Newton [5:00pm - 6:45pm].

THE OLD ENGLISH GENTLEMAN [Bondgate]
How Askew Band [6:00pm - 7:45pm].

HOSKINS BAR [Blackwellgate]
Hot Coal Blues Band [6:00pm - 7:45pm].

AVALON [Blackwellgate]
Andy Gunn Band [8:30pm - 10:15pm].

JOES BAR [Grange Road]
Sundance Plays Hendrix [6:00pm - 8:00pm].

VOODOO CAFE [Skinnergate]
Trevor Sewell [3:00pm - 4:30pm], Auld Mans Baccie [5:30pm - 7:00pm], Alex Fawcett Band [8:00pm - 9:30pm].

BAR NUMBER ONE [Skinnergate]
Erik & The Vikings [7:00pm - 8:45pm].

THE WOOLLEN MILL [Feethams]
Andy Power Band [7:00pm - 8:45pm].

THE QUAKERHOUSE [Mechanics Yard]
The Blues Water [2:00pm - 4:00pm], The Boneshakers [5:00pm - 7:00pm], Dan Burnett Band [8:30pm - 10:30pm]

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

As per London Guide; given a shake-up & update; last good one until September. Please shout up if you se anything, or in the case of The Mentulls, have anything to add...

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Darlington Marketplace Free Blues Festival - 10/9/17

Once again Darlington was served proud by it’s annual free Blues festival which climaxed on Sunday with a feast for great music.

Getting things underway on the main stage was the North-East’s own Teresa Watson and her band who served up a fine platter of standards and covers to whet the appetites of the growing crowd. While down the side of the Market Place, side dishes like The Hookahs The Blues Water & Midnite Blue were being served up.

You would call Eddie Martin the “Fish” course in this meal of Blues, the set was far too “red meat” for that, a great serving of Texas & Mississippi beat slide Blues that managed to crack the sky for some sun to shine. While on the side servers we were tempted by Trevor Sewell and Miles Guilderdale and if you could get near, Chris James & Martin Fletcher..

Most definitely the entrée though was Bernie Marsden with his ol’ mate from ‘Snake days Neil Murray on Bass and former Magnum drummer Mickey Barker. Clearly no gluten free, lactose intolerant, veggie option here; this guy has more classics than a table serving has spoons for. Fool For Your Loving, Till The Day I Die, as well as Ain’t No Love In The Heart of The City spiced with a little Marsden anecdote about meeting the song’s writer Bobby Bland. It wasn’t a show that leant on the hits though, like his late contemporary Gary Moore, Bernie has a depth of feeling for the Blues and several staples were given a re-vamp, and served steamin’ as well as a handful of solo songs proving he’s still a writer of no mean credit. One thing was certainly apparent though, Bernie was thoroughly enjoying himself and he held a packed Market Place from start to finish, delivery one of the best, if not THE best set I’ve heard there in the years I’ve been going.

After such a serving, it’s a bit difficult to move on to the sweet trolley, especially with tempters like The Regals and Tim Green Band in easy reach and no doubt there were some hardy souls who made it to the brandy & cigars with Broken Levee and Alex Fawcett Band

A great menu, and thanks again to all involved; Darlington R’n'B Club, Gasto promotions, Darlington Council for laying it on.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

We are 5 YEARS old today - still smokin'

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

119 (edited by BansheeUK 2017-11-09 03:03:41)

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

One for your diaries:-

WhenSunday 26th November; 12noon until “late”

WhereMainsforth Community Centre; Ferryhill Station

What – Music festival in aid of Parkinson’s & Motor Neurone Awareness Day

Who -  Gary Grainger; Russ Tippins; Bernie & The Bluenotes; George Shovlin & George Lamb;
             Celestine; The Zoe Green Band

How much – Tickets £10 Licensed Bar & Food Available
                        from Colin’s Fish Bar (Ferryhill Station) or Etherington New (Cockton Hill)
                        or call:- Geoff S (07923 832139: Geoff C (07808 812262): Will (07814 965724)

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

120 (edited by BansheeUK 2017-12-06 03:51:33)

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

BansheeUK wrote:

One for your diaries:-

WhenSunday 26th November; 12noon until “late”

WhereMainsforth Community Centre; Ferryhill Station

What – Music festival in aid of Parkinson’s & Motor Neurone Awareness Day

Who -  Gary Grainger; Russ Tippins; Bernie & The Bluenotes; George Shovlin & George Lamb;
             Celestine; The Zoe Green Band

How much – Tickets £10 Licensed Bar & Food Available
                        from Colin’s Fish Bar (Ferryhill Station) or Etherington New (Cockton Hill)
                        or call:- Geoff S (07923 832139: Geoff C (07808 812262): Will (07814 965724)

Nice piece in local press about the background to this event:-
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1 … e_Disease/

Thanks to friends at Sedgefield Blues.

Edit:  News is that this event raised £1700 for the respective charities. Well done and big thanks to all who attended.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Updated now that most of the region's Blues Clubs have posted rosters at least until June 2018; some busy nights ahead.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

HOWZAT FESTIVAL

Sunday 2nd September 2018

2018 LINE UP - THE STUMBLE, THE REVOLUTIONAIRES, CHRIS BEVINGTON ORGANISATION, COLD NORTON, THE RAINBREAKERS, DANA ALI BAND, ANDY TWYMAN;

at Saltburn Cricket Club in the Indoor Nets Hall

Tickets £20.00 from Destinations,
Yorkshire Ticket Shop
and 07960 935263

Tickets £20 pre-booked and £25 on the door.
Howzat Music Festival

Hmm - Should we call this The 2nd Test?

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Spring-cleaned

Thought I'd put a push in for a new festival starting up close to my home ground;
The Northern Kin Festival at Stanhope; Co. Durham.

Inaugural line-up includes:- Wilko Johnson, Nine Below Zero; Martin Barre; Lindisfarne and loads of others over 2 days in June.

http://www.northernkinfestival.co.uk/

Thanks to Keith Pipe (The Mentulls) for giving me a nudge about it.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

124 (edited by BansheeUK 2018-04-18 02:49:32)

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Gateshead Sage - SummerTyne Americana Festival 2018

Warming up for 2018's festival:-

When can I buy tickets?
•Sage Supporters: Wednesday 18 April, from 12noon
•Past Bookers: Thursday 19 April, from 12noon
•General Sale: Friday 20 April, from 10am

Announced so far…

▶️ Graham Nash plus special guest Shawn Colvin | Friday 20 July, 7.30pm | Sage One
▶️ Natalie Merchant | Saturday 21 July, 7pm | Sage Two
▶️ Steve Earle plus special guests The Mastersonss & Curse Of Lono | Saturday 21 July, 7pm | Sage One
▶️ Holly Macve & Jade Bird (Double Bill) | Saturday 21 July, 7.30pm | SummerTyne Lounge
▶️ Sam Palladio, Striking Matches and Sarah Darling | Sunday 22 July, 7.30pm | Sage One
▶️ Robert Vincent Music and Yola Carter (Double Bill) | Friday 20 July, 10.30pm | SummerTyne Lounge
▶️ Iris DeMent plus support | Sunday 22nd July, 8pm | Sage Two
▶️ Davina and The Vagabonds | Saturday 21 July, 10:30pm | Sage Two
▶️ Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys plus Charley Crockett | Friday 20 July, 8pm | Sage Two
▶️ Kelly Willis + Emily Barker (Double Bill) | Saturday 21 July, 1pm | Sage Two

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

Just when you think you're done tidying up, a late entry comes along.....

Well, that's up-to-date for now; I'm off for a break.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: The Tyne - Tees Gig Guide.

BansheeUK wrote:

Gateshead Sage - SummerTyne Americana Festival 2018

Warming up for 2018's festival:-

When can I buy tickets?
•Sage Supporters: Wednesday 18 April, from 12noon
•Past Bookers: Thursday 19 April, from 12noon
•General Sale: Friday 20 April, from 10am

Announced so far…

▶️ Graham Nash plus special guest Shawn Colvin | Friday 20 July, 7.30pm | Sage One
▶️ Natalie Merchant | Saturday 21 July, 7pm | Sage Two
▶️ Steve Earle plus special guests The Mastersonss & Curse Of Lono | Saturday 21 July, 7pm | Sage One
▶️ Holly Macve & Jade Bird (Double Bill) | Saturday 21 July, 7.30pm | SummerTyne Lounge
▶️ Sam Palladio, Striking Matches and Sarah Darling | Sunday 22 July, 7.30pm | Sage One
▶️ Robert Vincent Music and Yola Carter (Double Bill) | Friday 20 July, 10.30pm | SummerTyne Lounge
▶️ Iris DeMent plus support | Sunday 22nd July, 8pm | Sage Two
▶️ Davina and The Vagabonds | Saturday 21 July, 10:30pm | Sage Two
▶️ Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys plus Charley Crockett | Friday 20 July, 8pm | Sage Two
▶️ Kelly Willis + Emily Barker (Double Bill) | Saturday 21 July, 1pm | Sage Two

Free stages line-ups announced:_
Jumpin’ Hot Stage

Fri 20 July
12pm Sam Gibson
1pm Jinski
2pm Portraits
3pm Little Mo Trio
4pm Gem Andrews Band
5pm Bessie & The Zinc Buckets

Sat 21 July
12pm Tom Blackwell
2pm The Rosellys + Rachel Laven
4pm Arkensaw Dave
6pm William The Conqueror

Sun 22 July
12pm CD Wallum Trio
2pm Strange Blue Dreams
4pm Hymn For Her
6pm Curse of Lono

Concourse Stage

Fri 20 July
6pm Wandering Hearts
10.30pm The Often Herd

Sat 21 July
1pm Melanie Greggain Band
3pm Lucas & King
5pm Peter Donegan
7pm The Rosellys + Rachel Laven
10.30pm Blue Highways
11.30pm Arkensaw Dave

Sun 22 July
1pm Georgie
3pm Foreign Affairs
5pm Roseanne Reid
7pm Strange Blue Dreams
10.30pm Orphan Colours
11.30pm Hymn For Her

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........