Topic: Joe's in-ear monitors

I'm not sure if JB lurks on these forums like has in the past, but I'm wondering if he's still using IEMs.

I just bought some Fender IEMs. The reason is my 4-piece band (2 guitars, bass, drums) everyone can decide on a good floor monitor mix. So when I walk over to the bass player, I cant hear myself. IEMs gives everyone their own mix no matter where they are standing.

I have yet to try them at a gig, but am optimistic. If JB used them (I saw him wearing some with his logo on them) and is no longer using them, I'd be interested to hear why he stopped using them.

Hope all is well guys, I don't get to post as much as I used to!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Joe's in-ear monitors

He doesn't get on the forum at all anymore.

But last thing he said was the IEM were killing his hearing as how loud he had them turned up to hear himself.

So as far as I know, No to the IEM

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I heard him say in an interview that he would never use them again

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

4 (edited by timb 2017-10-12 13:43:31)

He made that comment in a stage/rig walk-through at Red Rocks, if anyone is interested in looking for it.

Edit: I found where it was discussed before, and I'd pointed out that statement then:

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. ā€¦ 26#p340426

DougH wrote:

But last thing he said was the IEM were killing his hearing as how loud he had them turned up to hear himself.

Interesting. I was hoping to kill the stage volume by running bass and guitars 'direct' (no floor monitors) in order to SAVE my hearing. Wondering if this is not the case?

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
DougH wrote:

Interesting. I was hoping to kill the stage volume by running bass and guitars 'direct' (no floor monitors) in order to SAVE my hearing. Wondering if this is not the case?

Well, it depends. Are you running several 100w amps flat out like Joe used to??? I wonder if the Fenders he uses these days fill the stage more anyway?

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

I was hoping to not have to bring amps to one of my bands gigs, where I'd use a FlyRig made by Sansamp. Plug directly into the PA. big_smile

It's weight to tone ratio is fantastic! Fits right in my gig bag, and it's a Plexi clone.