Topic: What CIEM's does Joe and the band use

Just wondering.  I'm an audiophile and have been using  a new set of Noble Audio Savants and love them.  Very neutral.  Been looking at their Kaiser 10's. I like them better than other top IEM's I've heard when I was in Japan.  Hopefully this question is ok to post. New here. Thanks.

Re: What CIEM's does Joe and the band use

I'm surprised no one had answered you yet.

Joe has used Westone ES-5's for several years.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I was under the impression he stopped using them.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I wonder what he's moved onto. I have been loving the neutral Noble Savants. The best midrange I've heard in a ciem so far. Comfortable to. Thanks for sharing.

ctsooner wrote:

I wonder what he's moved onto. I have been loving the neutral Noble Savants. The best midrange I've heard in a ciem so far. Comfortable to. Thanks for sharing.

He hasn't moved on to another brand.  Ron means he has not been wearing them at all lately, and has been back to stage monitors.  I meant when he was or does wear them it has been the Westones.

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
ctsooner wrote:

He hasn't moved on to another brand.  Ron means he has not been wearing them at all lately, and has been back to stage monitors.  I meant when he was or does wear them it has been the Westones.

Rocket

That's correct I heard he can't stand in ears and has stopped using them

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Wow amazing that he won't wear them. Hope his ears stay healthy. Thanks all

Joe talks about not liking in-ear monitors in this video, during the stage walkthrough starting at the 6:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObJCtCmmi7w

timb wrote:

Joe talks about not liking in-ear monitors in this video, during the stage walkthrough starting at the 6:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObJCtCmmi7w

thanks Tim
I knew I heard it somewhere maybe Joe told me but this vid says it all
Cheers Ron

ctsooner wrote:

In all likelihood, his stage volume is probably very comfortable. Many acts dislike IEM's as they feel too isolated from what's going on. With the top-level SR he's receiving, I'd be pretty sure it sounds quite good at a moderate level. I recall an article a few years back about the Eagles stage volume stating that they were able to hold normal conversations over the music.

Tomm Williams wrote:
ctsooner wrote:

In all likelihood, his stage volume is probably very comfortable. Many acts dislike IEM's as they feel too isolated from what's going on. With the top-level SR he's receiving, I'd be pretty sure it sounds quite good at a moderate level. I recall an article a few years back about the Eagles stage volume stating that they were able to hold normal conversations over the music.

Stage volume is anything but comfortable I can assure you. wink Joe just didn't like IEM's his wedges are screaming his guitar mix from anywhere he stands he likes to feel the notes. It's a loud band not Eagle volume for sure.

jim m wrote:
Tomm Williams wrote:
ctsooner wrote:

Stage volume is anything but comfortable I can assure you. wink Joe just didn't like IEM's his wedges are screaming his guitar mix from anywhere he stands he likes to feel the notes. It's a loud band not Eagle volume for sure.

Man.............sorry to see that. Too many years of that and "feeling" the notes will be all that will be happening. I suffer from a pretty good dose of hearing loss and I kick myself daily why I didn't do more to protect it.

13 (edited by Rocket 2016-01-06 22:53:25)

Tomm Williams wrote:
jim m wrote:
Tomm Williams wrote:

Man.............sorry to see that. Too many years of that and "feeling" the notes will be all that will be happening. I suffer from a pretty good dose of hearing loss and I kick myself daily why I didn't do more to protect it.

Well, I think it's comfortable stage volume, the times I've been as close as a patron can park and lark about. big_smile

And given sound distribution patterns on stage, there's the ability to move about and dip into quieter spots or hang around a loud and sonically "colored" position.  On ears are DEAFinitely not a guaranty of hearing preservation by any means.  Although possible, it is also entirely possible to be more damaging than non-use (not saying it is).

The most dangerous aspect of any hearing loss is the possible inability to realize one may be unable to discern additional cumulative damage occurring, even with a modicum of "perceived" discernment.

Rocket