Topic: Joe sold Spot?

I saw "Spot" for sale on rumble seat music. Is Joe really parting with it for good?

Re: Joe sold Spot?

You may be able to find better/right answers on the Les Paul Forum

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers Formula and Bandit Models, 63/64 Fender Pro
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 65 LP SG, 73 LPC
Effects: Celestial Effects Aquarius, Sinn-a Wah, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Gemini, Cancer.

Re: Joe sold Spot?

Like I thought

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … Rumbleseat

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers Formula and Bandit Models, 63/64 Fender Pro
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 65 LP SG, 73 LPC
Effects: Celestial Effects Aquarius, Sinn-a Wah, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Gemini, Cancer.

Re: Joe sold Spot?

I knew his refound love of Fenders was going to ruin his awesome LP collection.

Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, BC Rich Bich Perfect 10, Gibson LP Gary Moore Signature, Epi LP Joe Bonamassa GT, Epi LP Zakk Wylde, Dean Flying V Michael Schenker, Jackson V Randy Rhoads, Eastwood Airline "Jack White", ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster

Re: Joe sold Spot?

dknight16 wrote:

I knew his refound love of Fenders was going to ruin his awesome LP collection.


nah... it's not it, if you read the above thread somebody there drops a hint smile

Re: Joe sold Spot?

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

Re: Joe sold Spot?

nmagcorn wrote:

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

When you have 5 or 6 59 Bursts, to claim that it is one of your favorites is sort of a "duh" statement. I have holy grails and that one grail is one of my favorites.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers Formula and Bandit Models, 63/64 Fender Pro
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 65 LP SG, 73 LPC
Effects: Celestial Effects Aquarius, Sinn-a Wah, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Gemini, Cancer.

Re: Joe sold Spot?

macg1 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

When you have 5 or 6 59 Bursts, to claim that it is one of your favorites is sort of a "duh" statement. I have holy grails and that one grail is one of my favorites.

Just because it's a '59 doesn't mean it's perfect in every way. There are some that may look amazing, but not necessarily sound as good as you'd think. Spot, though, seemed to have it all.

Re: Joe sold Spot?

Maybe he is planning on buying a historic instrument and therefor requires the cash.

Kossoff LP? Maybe Kirk called and offered Greeny?

Re: Joe sold Spot?

he's sold other historic, he did sell Carmelita last year,, still listed on Rumble as sold

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

11 (edited by macg1 2017-07-14 10:12:48)

Re: Joe sold Spot?

Can't keep them all. Sometimes you let go of a favorite because you can move that capital to other future favorites. I let go of my 64 Firebird III for that very reason. I fell in love with a ES-345 and the rest is history.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers Formula and Bandit Models, 63/64 Fender Pro
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 65 LP SG, 73 LPC
Effects: Celestial Effects Aquarius, Sinn-a Wah, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Gemini, Cancer.

12 (edited by cindyron 2017-07-15 21:49:04)

Re: Joe sold Spot?

nmagcorn wrote:
macg1 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

When you have 5 or 6 59 Bursts, to claim that it is one of your favorites is sort of a "duh" statement. I have holy grails and that one grail is one of my favorites.

Just because it's a '59 doesn't mean it's perfect in every way. There are some that may look amazing, but not necessarily sound as good as you'd think. Spot, though, seemed to have it all.

None are perfect even spot that's what makes them desirable if that makes sense. Sorry it's the guitar player in me talking

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Re: Joe sold Spot?

He probably sold Spot to pay for Oceans11

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: Joe sold Spot?

He sold it to pay for a new kitchen and a new house in Nashville....he says as much on the LPF thread.

Guitars:  Fender American Vintage 59 Stratocaster, Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T, Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster, Sigma SOM-28H
Effects:  Way Huge Pork Loin, Way Huge Green Rhino MkIV, Way Huge Overrated Special, Keeley Katana Mini, Dunlop Bonamassa Wah.
Amp:  Fender ML212 Deville

Re: Joe sold Spot?

Having heard Spot on more than one occasion in concert I have to say I will miss her, but there's no reason for any of us to feel a bigger sense of loss than Joe himself must have felt at that parting...and I'll always have the "Suit & Blues" litho to look at if I'm ever feeling nostalgic...  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Re: Joe sold Spot?

He needs a place in Nashville. Heaven on earth for guitar players. And, it's not just country anymore. Luckily, I am only a couple hours away. So many good clubs, ummm guess I should say honky tonks for him to sit in and jam at.