Topic: Joe sold Spot?

I saw "Spot" for sale on rumble seat music. Is Joe really parting with it for good?

Re: Joe sold Spot?

You may be able to find better/right answers on the Les Paul Forum

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Like I thought

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … Rumbleseat

Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC

I knew his refound love of Fenders was going to ruin his awesome LP collection.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

I knew his refound love of Fenders was going to ruin his awesome LP collection.

nah... it's not it, if you read the above thread somebody there drops a hint smile

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

nmagcorn wrote:

I am really going to miss Spot. Truly one of my favorites. It almost feels like losing a band member. I remember when Joe had said it was one of his favorites as well. I guess his tastes change or there are other things he needs the money for.

When you have 5 or 6 59 Bursts, to claim that it is one of your favorites is sort of a "duh" statement. I have holy grails and that one grail is one of my favorites.

macg1 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

When you have 5 or 6 59 Bursts, to claim that it is one of your favorites is sort of a "duh" statement. I have holy grails and that one grail is one of my favorites.

Just because it's a '59 doesn't mean it's perfect in every way. There are some that may look amazing, but not necessarily sound as good as you'd think. Spot, though, seemed to have it all.

Maybe he is planning on buying a historic instrument and therefor requires the cash.

Kossoff LP? Maybe Kirk called and offered Greeny?

he's sold other historic, he did sell Carmelita last year,, still listed on Rumble as sold

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

11 (edited by macg1 2017-07-14 10:12:48)

Can't keep them all. Sometimes you let go of a favorite because you can move that capital to other future favorites. I let go of my 64 Firebird III for that very reason. I fell in love with a ES-345 and the rest is history.

12 (edited by cindyron 2017-07-15 21:49:04)

nmagcorn wrote:
macg1 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Just because it's a '59 doesn't mean it's perfect in every way. There are some that may look amazing, but not necessarily sound as good as you'd think. Spot, though, seemed to have it all.

None are perfect even spot that's what makes them desirable if that makes sense. Sorry it's the guitar player in me talking

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

He probably sold Spot to pay for Oceans11

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

He sold it to pay for a new kitchen and a new house in Nashville....he says as much on the LPF thread.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Having heard Spot on more than one occasion in concert I have to say I will miss her, but there's no reason for any of us to feel a bigger sense of loss than Joe himself must have felt at that parting...and I'll always have the "Suit & Blues" litho to look at if I'm ever feeling nostalgic...  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

He needs a place in Nashville. Heaven on earth for guitar players. And, it's not just country anymore. Luckily, I am only a couple hours away. So many good clubs, ummm guess I should say honky tonks for him to sit in and jam at.

WOW!!!! a sweet guitar. That's gonna make someone very happy, but it may cost a pretty penny.

Rusty strings on my old guitar, Speaks volumes of who you are, So never did I think it was you, It was me, one of the chosen few, Who will it be, oh the next time? Hopefully one with more sense of mind, So where did you go? Always will see, It's a story of you and me, Driving towards the daylight, Running from the midnight, Trying to get my way home. @JimmyCrowe