Re: Matt Schofield

We're going to see him this Friday in Seattle.  Looking forward to it!

74 (edited by ohiodawg13 2017-06-13 00:12:20)

leanne wrote:

We're going to see him this Friday in Seattle.  Looking forward to it!

Very cool! If you haven't seen him live, yer in for a treat! I love Seattle, would really like to be up there for a Matt gig!

The Emerald City Rocks!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Well, just about out the door to go see Matt at the Sweetwater Saloon in Mill Valley, Ca. can't wait to get there, its about 20 degrees cooler towards the coast. Phone says 102 here in Benicia, send in the fog!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

BansheeUK wrote:

Jdawg & Pat6 - If you get chance to chat with Matt, post-gig; remind him he still has fans in the UK; especially at "The Cluny". Seems to have been a while since he dropped by....

Playing Edinburgh 15 July as part of their festival.

I'll be seeing him in Grass Valley on Saturday night....109 here today....suppose to cool off a bit from here into next week....

78 (edited by pat6put6man 2017-06-23 18:28:26)

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Well, just about out the door to go see Matt at the Sweetwater Saloon in Mill Valley, Ca. can't wait to get there, its about 20 degrees cooler towards the coast. Phone says 102 here in Benicia, send in the fog!!!

J Dawg

How was it Dawg?? I happened upon a live stream of the show (of course I didn't see it until this morning) and watched it this afternoon....I didn't know that Sweetwater did sit down shows....Matt was feeling good and the stream was pretty darn good acoustically...looked like a great show to me....Tommy Castro sorta got a lesson is guitar tone during that encore although I thought Tommy was pretty good also....I hope Matt is sounding as good on Saturday night in Grass Valley....

79 (edited by pat6put6man 2017-06-25 10:36:03)

Well, Matt Schofield is one of the top 3 guitarist in the world today....His show last night in Grass Valley California was superb...he played for over 2 hours and the crowd was in the palm of his hand...BTW Banshee, I asked Matt about The Cluny and he said he was hoping he would be back next year...he said he loved that venue and missed playing there....If any of you ever get a chance to see Matt, DO IT, you will not be disappointed as he gives it everything he's got every night...

80 (edited by ohiodawg13 2017-06-25 16:20:09)

pat6put6man wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

J Dawg

How was it Dawg?? I happened upon a live stream of the show (of course I didn't see it until this morning) and watched it this afternoon....I didn't know that Sweetwater did sit down shows....Matt was feeling good and the stream was pretty darn good acoustically...looked like a great show to me....Tommy Castro sorta got a lesson is guitar tone during that encore although I thought Tommy was pretty good also....I hope Matt is sounding as good on Saturday night in Grass Valley....

Well Pat you saw the stream and then saw him live. What could I possibly add? Just a Bada$$ show from start to finish. Kevin Hayes usually plays drums when Matts on the West Coast, he opted to go to Colo. with Kevin Russell to accompany him in his Cream of Clapton tribute band at a Summer of Love Fest up there. Love Matt's shows as lots of the same faces keep showing up and makes it that much more fun! Of course had a good hang with Poppa Ian!

Them Changes w/Tommy!

J Dawg

You need to meet Matt's dad too.  He's a real hoot!

Met him years ago...in fact, have been to his pub here in NorCal....

pat6put6man wrote:

Met him years ago...in fact, have been to his pub here in NorCal....

Pat, Ian told me he moved to Auburn. Can't blame him, lotta brewers up there nowadays. My favorite is Knee Deep, BReaking BUd!

J Dawg

For all of those tone hunters and amp tweekers such as myself, I came across an amazing interview with Matt Schofield at 'That Pedal Show' and he talks gear, how he dials in his sound on his amp, or any amp, pedals and a lot of other topics. Just another way to dial in tone that I had never even dreamed of. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shAtnDUXGlQ