1 (edited by Rusty 2017-05-27 17:34:27)

Topic: Greg Allman, dead at 69

RIP, Greg Allman, a true musical legend, dead at 69.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Re: Greg Allman, dead at 69

What soul he had. What a voice he had.  RIP Greg

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Gregg has always been my favorite vocalist. I've seen ABB many times, mostly in the mid/late 70's and 80's, but some more recent.
The news of Gregg's passing hit me pretty hard.

This is an old post regarding favorite singers and Gregg's name is prominent in many responses...including on our host's list:

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=1063

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

We've lost another great one. 69.... way too young

Rest In Peace ...
Stormy Monday - Fillmore East 1971
https://youtu.be/Bqa1s4jhkQ8 (skywalker1389)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

R.I.P. Greg

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Have been a ABB fan since near their inception.  Greg played a club I owned back in the early '80's, got to meet him, he was very friendly, but it was not the best of times for him.  Actually I remember feeling sorry for him, which is sad.  He came back with Warren Haynes and Derik Trucks and made ABB great again.  Personally I was very happy for him.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.