Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

It would be cool to see.......wonder how many shows?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I haven't got too much into the BCC side of Joe's music. I have "2" on CD and have youtube'd Live Over Europe but that's it. I would much rather see Joe solo but having said that I'd relish the idea of seeing him with Beth Hart so why not this too? I guess, for me the Beth Hart stuff is more Joe's usual style of music whereas I've never been a massive fan of the 80's spandex, screaming 80's heavy rock thing that Glen Hughes promotes.

57 (edited by gary 2016-04-22 15:35:27)

flet wrote:

I haven't got too much into the BCC side of Joe's music. I have "2" on CD and have youtube'd Live Over Europe but that's it. I would much rather see Joe solo but having said that I'd relish the idea of seeing him with Beth Hart so why not this too? I guess, for me the Beth Hart stuff is more Joe's usual style of music whereas I've never been a massive fan of the 80's spandex, screaming 80's heavy rock thing that Glen Hughes promotes.

I see BCC more 70's influenced than the 80's Spandex thing.I don't like the 80's hair metal bands
BCC has much more depth.And early Ian Gillan Deep Purple had some screaming vocals which I liked.I like GH on Burn but not as much after that album.
I do think GH vocals fit the music better when he times it down just a notch.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I Like BCC!
Saw them at the Vienna Opera House a year before the acoustic show.
Afterglow was a little bit loveless to me. It seems as if Joe wasn´t realy into it, but if both of them realy want this - something BIG may come!
Like "Songs of Yesterday", "Cold", "Hadrians Wall", "Black Country" and many other killersongs!

I think the news is great. I love the heavy side as much as the blues. If Joe is in the mind to do it I am sure you can trust his instincts entirely. The heavier stuff will satisfy those who like that genre and you still have the solo and collaboration stuff for those who don't. A big win win all round. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I like it... I mean not jumping up and down or anything but I enjoyed their music!! By the different responses it just goes to show what a diverse fan base Joe has!!

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

fett2112 wrote:

By the different responses it just goes to show what a diverse fan base Joe has!!

I agree, I've always loved the blues and rock side of Joe, but never really got into the acoustic side, for example.

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Yeah...I'm kinda semi excited, I guess...This is my least favorite Joe project, but It's my favorite genre of music. Having said that, I really enjoy about half of their stuff very much...Glenn is just not my cup of tea, but neither is Geddy Lee and Rush is a great band, so, you know, I'll definitely be buying it if they do get around to another disc

Murfdog

I'm up for this-sure,Glenn's vocal style ruffles some feathers,but on the whole i loved BCC,bring it on!

Come on you Blades!

Vocal stylings aside( I dig Glenns' vibe, myself) I think Glenn may be the best lyricist in music today.  I think if you're a true Joe fan, you shouldn't want to pigeonhole him into one groove.  That's not his S.O.P. at all, as far as I've noticed.  He likes to mix it up.  If you don't like it, don't buy it, that's how the world works.  Why post 2-3 times in a BCC reunion thread to say you don't like it?

Weird...

Jason Bonham says that the reunited BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION will get collectively in January to start work on a brand new album, to be launched later in the year.

My vote is NO! I dread the BS that coming. The FB page for Classic Rock has already started. Joe did poor Glenn wrong, blah blah blah. I will, and do, defend Joe all I can, but I do not forgive GH for all the trouble he caused. I'm happy for those fans who really enjoyed this, and I hope there is no drama this time, but I don't have much faith.

cathysiler wrote:

My vote is NO! I dread the BS that coming. The FB page for Classic Rock has already started. Joe did poor Glenn wrong, blah blah blah. I will, and do, defend Joe all I can, but I do not forgive GH for all the trouble he caused. I'm happy for those fans who really enjoyed this, and I hope there is no drama this time, but I don't have much faith.

i agree with you

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

how about some U.S. tour dates this time

Can we just accept the fact that Joe wants to rock out and there's no better group of individuals for him to do that with than BCC? Joe will put out a solo album at the same rate whether he's doing other projects or not, so all the folks who love his solo stuff and hate his other endeavors can still be happy. I'm not a fan of the Rock Candy Funk party stuff, but I don't go on that thread and repeatedly say that Joe is making a huge mistake by doing that stuff. Joe's an artist. Let him do his art. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You'll have another solo album within a year of the BCC album.

Guitars: 1974 LP Custom, 2013 R8
Amps: '88 JCM 800 w/ TV cab, Tone King Falcon
Effects: Fulltone Clyde, Monsterpiece Stud, EP Booster, Strymon El Capistan

Jane H. wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Jason Bonham says that the reunited BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION will get collectively in January to start work on a brand new album, to be launched later in the year.

Thanks for this. I also read that it was Joe who initiated this 'reunion' - cooool
http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-11/bon … n-comeback

I appreciate your wanting it to work for us fans who really enjoyed it Cathy smile

Well that's a horse of a different color

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Thanks for this. I also read that it was Joe who initiated this 'reunion' - cooool

I appreciate your wanting it to work for us fans who really enjoyed it Cathy smile

Welcome back to the Joe Bonamassa Forum, Ron! big_smile. Really, I kid, you've never swayed, let alone left!!! cool

Talking about the best album feel they are hoping for, i.e. the first one, is a good sign of possibilities revisited, grownup style. wink

Rock ON & Keep The Faith First,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

cindyron wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Perhaps we as fans made more of the whole ordeal than the actual participants?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky