Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

BansheeUK wrote:

So, Joe & Glenn seem to have made-up; all well & good. I'd rather now they move on than re-visit BCC.

I tend to agree with you

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

rpic wrote:

No thanks.  I simply do not care for GH vocals.

Just me... I know who cares what I think.

Me too. His shrieking ruins the songs for me. I also disliked that in the Deep Purple Mk III and IV line-up. If GH stays away from a microphone, BCC is a good band.

No, really ???  Seriously? 

Don’t get me wrong I really liked BCC in the early phases but Afterglow was one of those CDs which I could easily use as a coaster.  I got the strong impression Joe was not that much into making it, it sounded too half hearted to my ears.  Mind you, some great Joe songs came out of the other two (Ordinary Son – still one of my faves) and they were fantastic live.  As a rock lover, I’m half and half about this really.  Let's watch this space!

The giver from afterglow was probably one of my favorite songs from them. Really had the feel and mysticism of the 70s to me, or at least how I imagined it.

Thanks for the kind words Jane.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

I think I'll just keep my my comments to myself. Safer that way.

Mee too Natasha

Seeing how I didn't get a chance to see them the first go around, I am very much looking forward to what they can do and not going to miss them this time around

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

johnreardon wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

Not all posts have to be "Yay!" or "Boo!" and enumerate the reasons why, but still join the discussion to "cast a vote," even if that vote is "no comment." :)

I wasn't a fan of BCC for the reasons others have already posted. But there's enough enthusiasm in this thread that I won't rain on other's parade. I'm sure I'll still get enough of Joe's non-BCC music and shows, or at least as much as I can afford!

I'm seeing him twice next month, once with a M&G that I'll bring my son to again.

timb wrote:
johnreardon wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

Not all posts have to be "Yay!" or "Boo!" and enumerate the reasons why, but still join the discussion to "cast a vote," even if that vote is "no comment." smile

I wasn't a fan of BCC for the reasons others have already posted. But there's enough enthusiasm in this thread that I won't rain on other's parade. I'm sure I'll still get enough of Joe's non-BCC music and shows, or at least as much as I can afford!

I'm seeing him twice next month, once with a M&G that I'll bring my son to again.

Sorry, I just think it's a bit childish.

I like any of Joe's collaborations, particulary with great singers like Beth Hart, Paul Rodgers & Glen Hughes.

Chawbacon wrote:

Kevin Shirley says its happening

Caveman!
Like This Page · 4 mins  ·

We're refurbishing the fuel tanks and refitting the rocket.
Getting ready for takeoff in 2017 again, and I'm fired up ... who's ready for another dose of BCC!?

https://www.facebook.com/CavemanProduct … mp;theater

Im probably reading a lot into the pic at this Facebook page,  but Joe looks detached smile 

Maybe a better more convincing pic would be to replace Bonham with Joe,  so Kevin could appear as the mediator smile

nmagcorn wrote:

Having a voice and not using is a bit like demanding to be ignored.... Not having a go at you specifically here Natasha, but the forum has become very “safe”, - it needs more debate and discussion and that can’t come from everybody here kissing ar*e...

- Good to hear your opinion Jane, - - for me “Mountain Climbing” is the worst track on the album because it is so bland, - it could say something about where I am in my life right now, - but I am getting so bored with this safe repetitious bland riff heavy song as exhibited on this song. I think I know where you are coming from, - Joe in a band, or even playing behind somebody else does bring out a new dynamic, - the most enjoyable live performance I have seen of Joe was when he was playing with Beth Hart because he looked so much more relaxed.

- I love riff heavy rock, my taste goes a lot heavier than BCC, so it is not the music that does not engage my ear, it is more to do with the fact that BCC are just another band amongst so many playing this type of thing.- The industry is killing itself, - and yes there is a demand for thus type of stuff, but I think Joe is good enough to do a lot more, yet KS is playing it safe.... Contentious? Enough from me, it would be interesting to read more opinions.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

hulldanfan wrote:

I enjoyed the BCC albums/DVD and I really enjoyed them live, but I have to say that it never seemed to be 100% committed hard rock.   A lot of the material could quite easily have been included in Joe's solo sets.   The fact that SOY is touted so much indicates that.

I think Joe was too much like Joe on the albums.  I would love him to go with a whole new tonal approach and really 'dirty up' his work.  His clean tones are just a little lightweight.   

On one occasion, I saw BCC with Michael Schenker as support and even though Schenker was just coming back after his 'troubles', he is the supreme melodic hard rock guitar player.  I assume Shirley will produce, so my advice to him would be to listen to Strangers in the Night and MSG at Budokan until his ears bleed !!!

nah not for me-an irritant getting in the way of joes real job where he is just flying-not a fan of screeching prima donna hughes-bound to end in tears

We all know why the Wolverhampton show was cancelled not long after it was announced. So it looks as though Roy & Joe have decided the time is right to try again. This hasn't been an overnight decision.
A new BCC album and any tour should not have an impact on his solo career as anything will be carefully planned and agreed this time round.

I do not see it as any different to his collaboration with Beth or touring the 3 Kings and British Explosion shows. The studio time will be booked already and it's going to happen. I applaud Joe for making this decision - he will like not being the frontman for a while, same as he does when he plays in Beth's band.

51 (edited by gary 2016-04-21 14:33:11)

I'm super surprised more people here aren't feeling the love!
I was of the hoping mindset that Joe would do another rock project with other players since the BCC thing blew up.
But I am just as happy to have another BCC album.
Why that and not a different assortment of players?
I think it's not that easy to find great band musical chemistry within the rock setting.Much easier to play covers with Beth Hart of do the three Kings thing. Writing and playing great rock in a band dynamic is a different thing.A lot of "supergroups"don't really put out anything special.Many time good or decent but not special.
In my opinion BCC has put out some special hard rock music.
Have t heard too many bands within that specific genre done it better in recent years.
Could be that all 4 of them realize that it can be something special to continue it.Also have certainly read a ton of "professional"music critics that seem to feel the same way.
That's my 2-3 cents on the matter

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I'm not that much of a BCC fan. I think it is too influenced by Glenn Hughes and I don't like his songs/music. If I want to listen to GH, I'll get his music. I'd hope that the 4 BCC members will collaborate with writing the music instead of GH just coming with songs already written.

Joe made a comment in one of his periscope broadcasts that there has to be a leader in a band who takes the lead. I wonder if this was one of the issues that put BCC on hold? Did GH and Joe have different thoughts on the direction for the band?

Well, chalk me up in the "this is simply friggin' awesome news" column!

Excellent news. Their albums still get given a spin in the car with me. Plus the live Blu-ray was excellent. The making of DVD for the next one should be interesting. Can't wait!