91 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-01-10 11:28:36)

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

sally12333 wrote:

Just saw J&R's e-mail about Joe's Pain & Sorrow coming in at #13 out of Guitar World's "Top 25 greatest WAH solos of all time"!

"Bonamassa lays out some fiery wah work on this deep cut from his sophomore album So It's Like That."

Congrats, Joe!!!

J&R links Michael's video in their press release email of the article (hence the placement on the JoeBTV YouTube channel yesterday) ... congrats again Michael ... and to Joe on an "oldie but goodie."  (Cool of J&R to link it to Michael's channel in their link ... if u hit the YouTube button in the mini viewer ... it goes to Michael's channel.)

Email press release link (JB Official Newsletter Issue 02 - 1/9/15):
http://jr-adventures.bmetrack.com/c/v?e … id=A0B0DD8

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Michael knows how jealous I get when he gets more attention than me wink but the post got me thinking of a pretty cool version of P&S that I have captured and want to share. https://soundcloud.com/jim-moody-1/03-track-03

93 (edited by Terry12 2015-01-11 08:09:44)

Listening to Pain and Sorrow the other day and my headphones broke just before the solo!!!
sad

Also i am not too keen on the Borderline version of Pain and Sorrow. I think Joe just changed the song too much, he probably thought he was going to get more comparisons to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

sally12333 wrote:

Joe's Pain & Sorrow coming in at #13 out of Guitar World's "Top 25 greatest WAH solos of all time"!

Congrats, Joe!!!

Sweet! .. Congrats Joe!

Kudos to u as well Michael .. great video!l

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Brilliant. Always loved this track and great to see Marshall's and pedals used again. Always my favourite sound too. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

When he plays Pain and Sorrow at the Borderline on TDF...his tone is so excellent!!!!

Jane H. wrote:

I've been so busy that I have neglected to update this thread.
What a joy to see Joe having added Pain and Sorrow back into the set list for the recent tours.
I am seeing the show tomorrow and have been EXTRA looking forward to it with the hope that it will be played.

I'm so curious what prompted this gift to fans of the song....very unexpected IMHO although i do recall Joe had asked fans on instagram(?) last year or so what songs they would want and that this did get a lot of shout outs. Then the whole pandemic thing...IDK. I don't think I'll ever figure Joe out in some ways but I am extremely grateful for this.

Here's a youtube i found in the setlist sections from July....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCKqOfhpqM

♥♥♥

Oh man thats like finding a $100 in old coat pocket!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

@janeh
I've seen the ACL version but I miss the volume swells intro like the old ANDY version the best.
I think it's what makes it the P&S .

Which intro is he doing

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)