Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

sally12333 wrote:

Took the car into the shop for inspection.  As usual was listening to a Joe cd on the way.  When I arrived I went to turn it off, but then decided to leave it in the On position, so when the repair guy started the car he could hear Joe.  When the car was ready to pick up, he came over to the waiting room and asked who that was playing!  May have a convert going here!!

Awesome story cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

sally12333 wrote:

Took the car into the shop for inspection.  As usual was listening to a Joe cd on the way.  When I arrived I went to turn it off, but then decided to leave it in the On position, so when the repair guy started the car he could hear Joe.  When the car was ready to pick up, he came over to the waiting room and asked who that was playing!  May have a convert going here!!

Awesome story cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

sleepwalker103 wrote:

You are so right... When I got to Austin on November 30th, I was uncertain how to find our hotel. My grandson Alex and I stopped at a Taco Cabana for a quick dinner before the show. While we were there, I asked the entire restaurant where the Hampton Inn Downtown was located, and announced that we were going to see Joe Bonamassa at ACL! One guy jumped up and said he wanted to go because he knew who Joe was! I laughed and told him I only had tickets for us. Everyone in that place knew all about Joe before we left there. Later, at the hotel, we told everyone we met where we were going. The girls at the front desk "Googled" Joe on the computer, and they flipped when they saw him, and heard him sing! They said they would be watching for him to come back to Austin. I enjoy sharing good things with people, and at the same time doing a good deed for someone who deserves it. It makes my heart sing a happy song!! ;-)

You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Christopher Columbus

22 (edited by Sirona 2013-12-14 20:07:07)

I decided to give the gift of Joe to a few friends and made a mixed CD of his songs.  (I miss the days of making mixed tapes but anyway...)

My friend in New Mexico loves Blues music and runs a dance group that meets every Sunday.  She sent me an email flipping out about how amazing Joe is and that she was shocked she'd never heard of him. Well, not only does she know about Joe so does her dance group!  She sometimes films the group so maybe if she films when they dance to one of Joe's songs I can have her post it on YouTube.

I love it when people hear Joe for the first time and freak out. It's like opening a really amazing gift.

My co-worker's husband plays the guitar and now and then I give him a CD of various people and included a whole bunch of Joe songs on a recent CD for him.  He flipped out too!  My co-worker is so funny because she came in the next day to tell me her husband really loved the music by that guy who plays with everyone.  I asked her if she could be more specific and she said no.  She ended up texting her husband and later in the day she said - oh - it was that Joe Bonatollini guy he flipped out for.  I said - You mean Joe Bonamassa and she's like yeah - that guy.  It was too funny.  She has no idea about Joe but her husband was totally flipping out. Instant fan.

As for another co-worker she had never heard of Joe either except for me talking about him and she was curious so I hooked her up.  She likes him now too and because it was a mixed CD of Joe's songs it turns out her husband who is a truck driver has tried to take the CD I gave her with him.  She says she has to hide the CD otherwise she'll never see it again.

It's so fun to share Joe this way...

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

Kind of cool thing happened this weekend.  I of course am always promoting Joe and his music on my twitter and facebook.   Joe's Beacon special  aired on our local pbs channel Saturday night.  I had already set a reminder to watch it but had several friends email  me that Joe was going to be on PBS.  These were all friends that had only heard of Joe from me via emails and fb posts etc.  I love it.

So far I"ve turned on at least 4 people I can think of through videos I sent in emails to people here at work. Surprisingly all are huge blues fans and had never heard of him! I also bought a CD for a cousin who is very sick (bad heart) and bedridden but he did say the CD really perked him up!

Even my husband is a huge fan now.....he always thought Joe was a heavy metal guitarist. Now he's bought me just about every DVD there is.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

rubyjt wrote:

So far I"ve turned on at least 4 people I can think of through videos I sent in emails to people here at work. Surprisingly all are huge blues fans and had never heard of him! I also bought a CD for a cousin who is very sick (bad heart) and bedridden but he did say the CD really perked him up!

Even my husband is a huge fan now.....he always thought Joe was a heavy metal guitarist. Now he's bought me just about every DVD there is.

awesome
cheers Ron

Cool thing today on twitter.  My favorite local weatherman is always tweeting about led zeppelin and other classic rock.  I invited him to give Joe a listen and sent him a link to joe's youtube channel.  He replied that he had heard of Joe but never listened. Said he would give him a listen tonite

Ah..Street Teamers...good to see everyone promoting Joe on a daily basis....No m&g this year because he isn't hitting Oregon, but I've been rewarded several times for promoting shows in Oregon (Speaking of which...why no e-mail Eric where are you?) no biggie...Really pretty easy just to run into Joe before or after the gig... I am proud to display my JB plate on the back of my Miata....constant advertising !

Murfdog

I belong to several groups on facebook, an aging hippie group and blues group so naturally I sent my Joe videos over. Was surprised at how many had already heard of him.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach