Topic: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Hi all.  As I posted in reviews today, we saw Joe this weekend in St Louis.  Before the show, we went the the neighborhood called the Hill to eat at our favorite Italian place, Anthonino's.  We both had on Joe Bonamassa T-shirts in anticipation of the nights concert.  The place was packed as always.    We got lucky and got a table right by the front door.  Everyone coming in saw us and our shirts.  Had several comments about who is that, or I know him, love his music.  This gave us the opportunity to tell folks as they waited for a table about the concert at the Fox and to go to Joe's website for free download etc.  Had a few flyers in my purse so it worked out great.

2 (edited by airportdon 2012-11-05 10:29:04)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

wvgirlinky wrote:

Hi all.  As I posted in reviews today, we saw Joe this weekend in St Louis.  Before the show, we went the the neighborhood called the Hill to eat at our favorite Italian place, Anthonino's.  We both had on Joe Bonamassa T-shirts in anticipation of the nights concert.  The place was packed as always.    We got lucky and got a table right by the front door.  Everyone coming in saw us and our shirts.  Had several comments about who is that, or I know him, love his music.  This gave us the opportunity to tell folks as they waited for a table about the concert at the Fox and to go to Joe's website for free download etc.  Had a few flyers in my purse so it worked out great.

.
Great Job .........:)
(now you;re making me hungry for some good Italian food !!!)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Here's my most recent Joe story:  The high school where I teach took an extreme lightning strike last summer, and almost the entire lighting system in our Auditorium got slagged.  Before we even got it fully operational again, a local dance company came in to do a show and managed to slag the only part of the system that survived the lightning (the most important part, of course) with their rental equipment.  So, as the date of the Fall Play I directed approached (November 2-3, as it happens) we were in a race against time to get everything working again in time for Opening Night...

The guys we brought in to help worked their rear ends off, including all the way through our Final Dress Rehearsal last Thursday.  Before the kids showed up, I was blasting Joe through the sound system as I got everything ready for the cast.  After the rehearsal, the lighting guys came down from the control booth to do the onstage/backstage things they couldn't do while the kids were out there, and asked if I could turn "that guy" back on while they worked!  I laughed, cranked up the iTunes playlist based on the set list from Des Moines, and we worked until near midnight.  Told 'em all about Joe, and they're definitely both going to be buying some CDs/DVDs...

We never did get to rehearse the show with the proper lighting, but it was all ready for Opening Night, and Friday and Saturday the show went great, especially Saturday.  I had my Joe bobbleheads in the Stage Left and Stage Right wings. When kids asked me why, I said "To remind you to play LOUD!"  A few of the kids even mentioned that the area rug we used for the living room part of the set "looks like the one in those Joe videos you showed us."  Why, yes, yes it does! (I'm hoping to find a pic, will post a link if I do...)  During intermission, the audience was treated to "Bird On a Wire" from the Beacon show, because it fit well with the theme of the play; that meant Joe got a mention in the play booklet, too...

And I'll be wearing a Joe t-shirt when I get started on the final load-out later this afternoon...

I've been a little bummed (well, a LOT bummed) at having to miss both the KC and St. Louis shows that coincided with the play, but knowing that so many people are more aware of him than they were before, at least in part because of my show, lifts my spirits...

Since there's not going to be a show anywhere near me on the spring leg either, I don't know if anything I did can really be called Street Teaming, technically.  But it feels the same to me, and I'm happy to do it as often as I can.  All go, no quit, just like Joe himself...  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Great story Coach.   I bet Joe is proud of all you do to help get his music to the masses.  Hope the play was a huge success.  The kids are lucky to have you.  I say get them listening to Joe at a young age and they will be fans for life.

5 (edited by Kaisar15455 2013-03-27 11:38:04)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Great post and topics. I'm also visit here. Thanks...!

lux lighting

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

It is so easy to convert fans, most folks ask me why they have never heard of him. It's like a snowball effect, you tell someone, then they tell another. Joe basically sells himself after someone takes the time to listen to him.

7 (edited by bump827 2013-02-25 17:34:13)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

We saw Joe at Crossroads in Chicago and when I saw he was playing the Beacon started buying his music and listening. Why I waited two years is beyond me

Alan

8 (edited by wvgirlinky 2013-03-12 11:01:35)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Well, I started this thread, thought I should update it.  Friday afternoon, sweet hubby and I had eye doctor appointments.  After the eye exam we were sitting with the girl deciding on frames etc,.  I looked at sweet hubby and said, we need to hurry, Joe comes on at 8: 30 on PBS.  The young lady we  were working with said, "Joe WHO".  Don't you love it.  Perfect opening, we explained it was Joe Bonamassa and he had done an exciting gig in Austria last summer.  We told her the name of his webiste,she wrote it down.  Told her about all his projects, RCFP, solo band.  on and on.  She was excited and was going to tell her husband who is a huge blues fan.

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

wvgirlinky wrote:

Well, I started this thread, thought I should update it.  Friday afternoon, sweet hubby and I had eye doctor appointments.  After the eye exam we were sitting with the girl deciding on frames etc,.  I looked at sweet hubby and said, we need to hurry, Joe comes on at 8: 30 on PBS.  The young lady we  were working with said, "Joe WHO".  Don't you love it.  Perfect opening, we explained it was Joe Bonamassa and he had done an exciting gig in Austria last summer.  We told her the name of his webiste,she wrote it down.  Told her about all his projects, RCFP, solo band.  on and on.  She was excited and was going to tell her husband who is a huge blues fan.

Isn't it great how such wonderful musical journies start out with that one innocent question: "Joe WHO?"

Support Joe - buy stuff: http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1501

The only thing needed for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

jlbii wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Well, I started this thread, thought I should update it.  Friday afternoon, sweet hubby and I had eye doctor appointments.  After the eye exam we were sitting with the girl deciding on frames etc,.  I looked at sweet hubby and said, we need to hurry, Joe comes on at 8: 30 on PBS.  The young lady we  were working with said, "Joe WHO".  Don't you love it.  Perfect opening, we explained it was Joe Bonamassa and he had done an exciting gig in Austria last summer.  We told her the name of his webiste,she wrote it down.  Told her about all his projects, RCFP, solo band.  on and on.  She was excited and was going to tell her husband who is a huge blues fan.

Isn't it great how such wonderful musical journies start out with that one innocent question: "Joe WHO?"

James you are so right.  One of the best side effects of loving Joe and his music is making so many new friends because of it

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

wvgirlinky wrote:
jlbii wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Well, I started this thread, thought I should update it.  Friday afternoon, sweet hubby and I had eye doctor appointments.  After the eye exam we were sitting with the girl deciding on frames etc,.  I looked at sweet hubby and said, we need to hurry, Joe comes on at 8: 30 on PBS.  The young lady we  were working with said, "Joe WHO".  Don't you love it.  Perfect opening, we explained it was Joe Bonamassa and he had done an exciting gig in Austria last summer.  We told her the name of his webiste,she wrote it down.  Told her about all his projects, RCFP, solo band.  on and on.  She was excited and was going to tell her husband who is a huge blues fan.

Isn't it great how such wonderful musical journies start out with that one innocent question: "Joe WHO?"

James you are so right.  One of the best side effects of loving Joe and his music is making so many new friends because of it

That is for sure. I have Bonabuddies around the world that I never would have met if it had not been for a love of Joe's music!

Support Joe - buy stuff: http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1501

The only thing needed for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

12 (edited by sally12333 2013-07-29 18:03:39)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

The janitor that empties our waste baskets was on vacation and a new guy was substituting.  He came into my office and right away saw my framed autographed Joe Classic Rock cover picture on my wall. 

He said “Hey, I know that guy, holy cow is he good!!” and we ended up talking for 45 minutes about Joe.  Neither of us could shut up.  Same thing happened when I was interviewing someone for a job. 

No better fun than to unexpectedly run into someone else that knows/loves Joe!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Great story. Like I always tell my hubby, Joe Bonamassa is the great unifier. Plus he makes it easy to share the love.

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

I ride the bus to and from work everyday and have gotten two of the regular riders (one a guitar player) into Joe.  The guitar guy had never heard of Joe until I started talking to him.  He's caught the PBS shows and so we have nice conversations about Joe and guitar players in general.   I managed to get him into Rory Gallagher too while I was at it.  He'd never heard of Rory either.

I lent one of my Joe CD's to the guy who then ended up playing it for a sound check for a video conference at the local hospital.  The people at the far site commented how the music was really good and wanted to know who it was.  All in all staff members at two hospitals got to hear Joe's music.

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Sirona wrote:

I ride the bus to and from work everyday and have gotten two of the regular riders (one a guitar player) into Joe.  The guitar guy had never heard of Joe until I started talking to him.  He's caught the PBS shows and so we have nice conversations about Joe and guitar players in general.   I managed to get him into Rory Gallagher too while I was at it.  He'd never heard of Rory either.

I lent one of my Joe CD's to the guy who then ended up playing it for a sound check for a video conference at the local hospital.  The people at the far site commented how the music was really good and wanted to know who it was.  All in all staff members at two hospitals got to hear Joe's music.

Very nice Sirona!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

16 (edited by Sirona 2013-10-18 21:38:21)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Just an update.  The guy I lent a Joe CD too a few months ago who ended up playing it as part of a sound check at a video conference enlightened more people today through one of his co-workers.

I mentioned to my friend the box set on the way home on the bus when he told me that up at the hospital they were doing another video conference but the guy running it was having problems.  They had a CD in the laptop they were using but it wouldn't play even though it had earlier in the day. So my friend told the guy to grab the extra laptop from his desk and try that.  The guy didn't know that my friend had a JB CD in the extra laptop.  The guy plugged the laptop in and JB's music started filling up the room.  So once again, staff members at two hospitals got to hear Joe.

My friend and I had a good chuckle.  I guess Joe is the cure for what ails you.

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

You know it is!
great stories everyone

18 (edited by wvgirlinky 2013-11-07 11:32:27)

Re: Street Teaming without knowing it.

Funny Story.   We were standing outside at the Louisville Palace  a few hours before Joe's show Tuesday taking some photos and  this couple came up to us.  They said, Hey you are the ones that told us about this show.   We had met them at a blues festival in Henderson KY during the summer.  I had a Bonamassa T shirt on that day and they came up to us and said, we saw Him on PBS.  Of course we started our selling speech for Joe.  Then told them that Joe would be in Louisville in November.  How funny to run into them before the show.  Two more converts for sure.