Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

The Registry on page 1 has been updated. Apologies for not doing it for a while but organising a few things for our BonaBuddies coming to London 2013 took priority. smile

Thanks to dknight for explaining the mystery of the serial no. It makes sense now.

Albin, if you'd like your guitar to appear on the list could you post your serial no., please? Are you in India by any chance?

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

The Registry on page 1 has been updated. Apologies for not doing it for a while but organising a few things for our BonaBuddies coming to London 2013 took priority. smile

Thanks to dknight for explaining the mystery of the serial no. It makes sense now.

Albin, if you'd like your guitar to appear on the list could you post your serial no., please? Are you in India by any chance?

Phil

Hi Phil: Thanks for your note, Cambridge, Ontario. I have always been a bit concerned about putting serial numbers on the internet. I appreciate that enthusiasts of the guitar want to document the location and verify how many instruments are out there and in working order.

Going to see Joe this Saturday in London Ontario, it should be fun.

Regards

Albin

I bought a brand new JB Epihone Les Paul on Saturday, cant believe they found 5 "somewhere".  They've all sold now!  I bought a Standard a month or so back and was going to pimp it JB style.  No need to now.

Serial is:

WIGAN,UK

I think this means it was made in Nov 2012 which is weird as i thought it was a limited edition made in 2011?

There is a rattle on the Bottom E string which i haven't been able to get rid of.  I'll likely get a guitar tech to set it up for me.  I've dropped the action already(the rattle is no worse btw) and it is lovely and low.  I'm very impressed with the guitar, it sounds awesome.  Just learnt Steal Your Heart Away - just feels so right on this guitar.

220 (edited by PSmith1946 2013-05-01 15:19:38)

Great guitar own one myself and still delighted with the quality and sound. Mine was the same with a slight rattle. The truss rod was tight with no relief . A quarter of a turn off sorted it. Enjoy, And welcome to the forum. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

11071508319 Perfect from day one. Great guitar at any price.

222 (edited by magnumonster 2013-05-10 20:19:21)

Found mine used with no paperwork. #12021508408.

hello -- great guitars! i own numbers:

both have no finish quality, hardware, or electronic issues .... sustain for days!

JB LP - 11121511895 - Gold Top
JB LP - 11071507509 - Gold Top
JB LP - 14101509180 - Pelham Blue
JB LP - 15101511408 - British Racing Green

Hi I m Fred. I just got the les paul Bonamassa after looking for it during months. It s an incredible guitar and I have now the pleasure to be part of the club.

# 12111507280  Fred Fragniere / Lausanne - Switzerland

225 (edited by sally12333 2013-09-23 15:43:30)

Many congrats to all you new owners.  Enjoy!  Welcome, stick around and join in.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

226 (edited by duaneflowers 2013-11-09 06:39:32)

Owner: Duane Flowers
S/N: 12091507079
Mfg Date: 9/15/12

Original Gibson BBs replaced with Joe Sig SDs

'00 Gibson Les Paul '59 RI Wildwood Spec Killer Quilt
'09 Gibson Limited Edition VOS Billy Gibbons "Pearly Gates" Signature '59 Les Paul
'12 Gibson Collector's Choice #3 1960 Les Paul aka "The Babe"
'13 Gibson Limited Edition VOS Duane Allman Cherry Sunburst '59 Les Paul (and many many more)

Got mine used at the end of sept. first owner already signed it in here... Great guitar... Now I just have to learn to play...

New Owner: ackcaster
New Home: Amherst, NY
Serial # 110915 07140
Date of Manufacture: ?? no warranty card
Bought Used: Sept. 30th 2013
Quality Issues: None. Set up perfectly

Well just a little late getting mine registered. Better late than never!

Owner: Steve Sisk
Serial# 10101507941
Purchased 10/23/11
No date on warranty card

Did have to clean the fret board, oil it down and dress up the frets a little to get rid of the ting ting when you bend the strings but overall not one complaint about this beauty! Also set the intonation on it which was off a little. The sound and sustain was great but I knew it could sound better so i completely gutted it and installed all new Switchcraft parts ie. 3 way switch, jackplate and all new matched CTS volume and tone pots. Also installed a bumblebee capacitor to top everything off including pickup wiring. This thing is a monster! Have a 100 watt Marshall that I play through plus I have 2 500 watt Rockman headcases that have different modules in them. A brand new Standard doesn't sound as good as this beauty! I'll have this for a very long time. My only complaint is they made another run of 1000 of these. Doesn't sound too limited edition to me.

The full register on page 1 has been updated. Keep 'em coming. smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Hey Y'all,

Newb here...... just found the forum.

bought mine used from GC 

S/N 12091507672.

1st electric so I can't give a review, other than the fret board was a mess.

All the open grain in the wood was filled with white dust .....I'm told from final buffing at factory
...looked like $h!t.....took me 5 hours with dental tools and a magnifier to get it cleaned out.

Seems they just oiled over it sealing it in, making it a paste-like substance when I started digging it out....very friggin tedious, but worth it now that's it's done.

I then used Bore Doctor cleaner and oil to refinish.....Many passes of cleaner with toothbrush gently took it to a bleached driftwood kinda look and then oiled with Qtips.....took about 4 applications....but now......
well it's a beatiful thing....like it should have been from factory...!

Better actually.......

Hi and welcome. Enjoy the company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Hi and welcome. Enjoy the company. big_smile

Thanks...happy to have finally found others obsessed with JB's playing....I must say I'm a little shocked in how his popularity grown, to what I'd consider more "mainstream".....as I used to see him frequently at BB Kings in NYC from 10 feet (or 3 meters ; ) )away, in the company of only music industry people and other musicians .

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy about the sucess....it restores my faith in the human race or condition.....to a degree.....when you consider what most people watch and listen to out there.

(I chose the psycho path myself) laddy.....

233 (edited by superwho 2014-01-08 18:56:56)

Newbie here, actually got this one a year ago, and found this page recently. All paperwork and case candy, with case
# 11081510800

Dallas, tx No damage

Welcome!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster