Re: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

samjp4 wrote:

Whoever came up with the idea of teaming up with PBS to present Joe should be given a very large medal.

I have also thought the same thing a dozen times - - genius marketing!  Would honestly love to know who came up with the idea.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Whoever came up with the idea of teaming up with PBS to present Joe should be given a very large medal.

I have also thought the same thing a dozen times - - genius marketing!  Would honestly love to know who came up with the idea.

I haven't heard the whole story on how that came about but I can use my own theory.  It all started with the vision of the Royal Albert Hall show in 2009. The gamble of committing it to DVD. The decision to hire the company that was responsible for capturing it on film in such a powerful way. Joe taking a chance on inviting Eric Clapton and Clapton saying yes. From what I know someone submitted the DVD to Palladia and they originally declined. When told maybe they should reconsider since Eric Clapton saw fit to bless the show with his appearance. They actually watched the thing and then asked how fast could a 1 hour edit be delivered for airing.

The performance was submitted to PBS and it was run as a test in a few markets where it was received with praise from the viewers and was in the top tier of fundraisers of all shows aired during the fundraising drives in those markets. It was then that the other stations decided to air it. It spread viral throughout the PBS stations and the coordination with playing those markets was conceived. So I would say it was a group effort by Joe's management which of course is led by Roy Weisman. The relationship with PBS now airing the Beacon Theater show and the Vienna Opera House show will continue to grow as well as the fan base. This was the key to breaking Joe in the US to a larger audience. Radio may not break artists like Joe but PBS can. Austin City Limits didn't see fit too but this was 100 times more effective I believe.

75 (edited by cindyron 2012-10-05 08:38:03)

jim m wrote:
sally12333 wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

I haven't heard the whole story on how that came about but I can use my own theory.  It all started with the vision of the Royal Albert Hall show in 2009. The gamble of committing it to DVD. The decision to hire the company that was responsible for capturing it on film in such a powerful way. Joe taking a chance on inviting Eric Clapton and Clapton saying yes. From what I know someone submitted the DVD to Palladia and they originally declined. When told maybe they should reconsider since Eric Clapton saw fit to bless the show with his appearance. They actually watched the thing and then asked how fast could a 1 hour edit be delivered for airing.

The performance was submitted to PBS and it was run as a test in a few markets where it was received with praise from the viewers and was in the top tier of fundraisers of all shows aired during the fundraising drives in those markets. It was then that the other stations decided to air it. It spread viral throughout the PBS stations and the coordination with playing those markets was conceived. So I would say it was a group effort by Joe's management which of course is led by Roy Weisman. The relationship with PBS now airing the Beacon Theater show and the Vienna Opera House show will continue to grow as well as the fan base. This was the key to breaking Joe in the US to a larger audience. Radio may not break artists like Joe but PBS can. Austin City Limits didn't see fit too but this was 100 times more effective I believe.

Wow thanks for that detail Jim greatly appreciated.
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Jim Thanks for giving us a idea of how it all came about.  I think that it was pure magic the way it all worked out.  Joe deserves the recognition and so glad he has Roy and Kevin promoting and guiding him.

I am a huge fan of Sandi Thom, Joe's sweetie and  she posted that she is doing a special for PBS to kick off her new album in the spring. 

I know that if it was not for the PBS thing and Sirius radio we would have missed out on Joe's talent.  So way to go to Joe, his management team and PBS

wvgirlinky wrote:

Jim Thanks for giving us a idea of how it all came about.  I think that it was pure magic the way it all worked out.  Joe deserves the recognition and so glad he has Roy and Kevin promoting and guiding him.

I am a huge fan of Sandi Thom, Joe's sweetie and  she posted that she is doing a special for PBS to kick off her new album in the spring. 

I know that if it was not for the PBS thing and Sirius radio we would have missed out on Joe's talent.  So way to go to Joe, his management team and PBS

Couldn't have said it any better... so I will say DITTO! Way to go to all!

Hey Andrew, I wrote an email to you some weeks ago trying to have infos on how to get in touch with the Italian Street Team but I haven't received any reply yet?
Thanks.

bongano wrote:

Hey Andrew, I wrote an email to you some weeks ago trying to have infos on how to get in touch with the Italian Street Team but I haven't received any reply yet?
Thanks.

Andrews doing a GREAT job!!....I'm sure he will do whatever he can to get the contact and answer you smile

Shred

Still waiting on my FedEx package?  Get here already!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Got my materials, I am working on spreading them around the George Mason campus over the next week.  I will be passing them out and hanging them up and putting some on cars when it stops raining over here...  wink

- Hoochie Coochie Man -