Topic: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as the new director of the JB Street Team! I know there's been some turnover and subsequent unresponsiveness in this position over the past few months. I assure you that I plan on sticking around and offering the stability, communication and leadership to channel your love of Joe and his music into unforgettable experiences. With all of your help and insight of course.

A little about me: I'm a music lover. I was raised on it and love all types. I've been a musician myself (piano and trumpet from elementary through high school) and even joined a music fraternity in college (Phi Mu Alpha). I understand and share your passion as his most die-hard fans. I've been there. There's nothing else in the world like seeing your favorite artist lose himself on stage during a performance, especially one with as much raw talent as Joe. I've moderated forums before and plan on checking ours daily.

During my interview, one of the things Roy told me that really stuck with me and helped seal the deal in my mind was that not only are his fans some of the most passionate and loyal around, you guys and gals truly want to see him succeed. You want to see him do well and are ready and willing to go above and beyond to help promote his shows, CD's and the man himself. It's for that reason that you street teamers are his most valuable assets. You're there for Joe, I'm here for you.

There are a lot of ideas running through my mind and I want us to do something huge together- this is just the beginning. Need fliers for an upcoming show in your area? I've got you. Your feedback is invaluable, I want it. Share with me your thoughts and concerns, this forum is a great means of direct communication. Tickets for those willing to really bust their hump for Joe? I can do that. Special promotions for my street team? Of course.

We're 8800 strong. I want to see us at 10,000 by the end of this year. Get your friends involved, everyone can appreciate good music.

My email address is andrew@jr-adventures.com, don't hesitate to contact me directly and please bear with me for these first few weeks while I learn the ropes and familiarize myself with the Joe Bonamassa-verse. I'm beyond excited and really looking forward to serving as the leader of the JB Army.

Yours,

General Andy

P.S. I know I have a huge list of ST members, but I'd like to know who the most active and involved are, so if you can share your name, email and location with me (either by posting in this thread or sending me an email), I'm going to start compiling my list of captains that can lead the ST efforts in their respective areas. Thanks! Any questions?

Re: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

Welcome to Joe World new Fearless Leader!! Great intro and it looks like our reputation has preceded us smile Happy to know things are on track for the upcoming tour. I'm in the Baltimore area where Jane Hall has been our Captain since the dawn of time smile  It looks like the D.C. show is sold out, but there's never enough promotion, so I'm ready for action smile I can be reached via the message option here.      Cathy

Thanks for that positive, hopeful, and articulate introduction! Long may you run..... wink

Apart from my participation here, I'm your man in Amsterdam. Please check that I am (back) on the ST mailing list - I have been waiting for feedback about this from both Troy and Rachael.....

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Welcome to our universe.  I live in the Boston, MA area and usually will travel to any show in the New England area (and a few that are a bit further away than that on occassion). I have been a fan since 2004. I can help in the Boston area, although Joe's upcoming show in Springfield is probably a bit far for me to promote from Boston (think it might be pretty close to sell out already).  Anyways, my email is available from the little button under my name.  Let me know what needs doing, if you need any help with pictures or whatever I am available (my favorite subject to photograph is Joe at a concert). 

Looking forward to working with you...

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

cathysiler wrote:

Welcome to Joe World new Fearless Leader!! Great intro and it looks like our reputation has preceded us smile Happy to know things are on track for the upcoming tour. I'm in the Baltimore area where Jane Hall has been our Captain since the dawn of time smile  It looks like the D.C. show is sold out, but there's never enough promotion, so I'm ready for action smile I can be reached via the message option here.      Cathy

Glad to hear he's got such a strong following in the D.C. area. I've really enjoyed the few times I've visited, so much culture and good food and of course, Co Co Sala (http://www.cocosala.com/, awesome happy hour if you like chocolate!)

My focus for the next few weeks is understandably going to be on Asia and Australia, but as soon as he kicks off his US tour, we're full steam ahead. Hope you're ready to rock Cathy, November will be here before we know it and you're right, no such thing as too much promotion!

Hey ANDY  (How apropos of a name wink  another one of those coinky-dinks! A New Day Yesterday)

Greetings from the ♥HeartLand♥ !  I enjoyed reading your introduction and it is reassuring to know that someone is at the helm again smile !   I have covered the Des Moines/Ames Iowa area shows in the past and would gladly do it again in a heartbeat♥  I will help with any Iowa show.  The next closet to me is Omaha,NE , Kansas City,MO....but the realistic logistics of being able to do anything in those areas is cost prohibitive......so I remain ever Joe-faithful in Iowa smile

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  You can reach me thru here or Facebook.  Thanks again and I look forward to
        helping you and the greatest guitarist, vocalist, and all-around great guy.....
        Joe Bonamassa cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Amsterhammer wrote:

Thanks for that positive, hopeful, and articulate introduction! Long may you run..... wink

Apart from my participation here, I'm your man in Amsterdam. Please check that I am (back) on the ST mailing list - I have been waiting for feedback about this from both Troy and Rachael.....

Pleasure to be here! I'll speak with Troy or Rachael tomorrow and follow up with you.

samjp4 wrote:

Welcome to our universe.  I live in the Boston, MA area and usually will travel to any show in the New England area (and a few that are a bit further away than that on occassion). I have been a fan since 2004. I can help in the Boston area, although Joe's upcoming show in Springfield is probably a bit far for me to promote from Boston (think it might be pretty close to sell out already).  Anyways, my email is available from the little button under my name.  Let me know what needs doing, if you need any help with pictures or whatever I am available (my favorite subject to photograph is Joe at a concert). 

Looking forward to working with you...

Sandy

Awesome Sandy! Wouldn't want you going too far out of your way, especially with gas being what it is. Your long-term dedication is greatly appreciated! Do you have any favorites from your Joe-tography portfolio you could share? They're probably already up here, but I'm still familiarizing myself with the forums.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hey ANDY  (How apropos of a name wink  another one of those coinky-dinks! A New Day Yesterday)

Greetings from the ♥HeartLand♥ !  I enjoyed reading your introduction and it is reassuring to know that someone is at the helm again smile !   I have covered the Des Moines/Ames Iowa area shows in the past and would gladly do it again in a heartbeat♥  I will help with any Iowa show.  The next closet to me is Omaha,NE , Kansas City,MO....but the realistic logistics of being able to do anything in those areas is cost prohibitive......so I remain ever Joe-faithful in Iowa smile

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  You can reach me thru here or Facebook.  Thanks again and I look forward to
        helping you and the greatest guitarist, vocalist, and all-around great guy.....
        Joe Bonamassa cool

Hey there Patty! Definitely wouldn't want you crossing any state lines! Rest assured, next time Joe comes through Iowa, you'll be the first person I reach out to.

9 (edited by dknight16 2012-08-27 17:35:39)

Hello Andy.  I'm active in the SE Michigan and NW Ohio regions.  I'd like to get a flyer template/file that I can print out and distribute in order to promote the upcoming show in Toledo.  I used to live in Toledo and have some great contacts at 2 indie record stores, as well as some music stores (instruments and lessons) and a few other ideas.  I can't make anything professional looking on my own, but I can certainly print and distribute flyers you guys help me with.  I'm ready when you are!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Hi Andy
Ron from Pelham N.H. here. If you need help around this area let me know.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi Andy, Hello from the West Coast, Pacific North West to be more precise. Welcome and all the best!

Hi Andy!

I've been with the Street Team promoting Joe in the St. Louis area since 2007! I also photograph on average 5-7 shows a year and my photos have been used in Live From Nowhere in Particular and on t-shirts and the web site. I plan on attending and photographing the Kansas City show on 11/2 and St. Louis on 11/3.  Let me know what I can do for St. Louis!

~Rhonda Pierce

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Welcome to the Bonafamily Andy!  Another member from the D.C. area willing to help.

You can check out the "Cool Pictures" area of the forum for some great picts
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewforum.php?id=16

Some collections you'll definitely want to check out

Sandy's collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 010434669/

Rhonda's
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal19 … 312657672/

Marty's
http://martymoffatt.zenfolio.com/concert-archive

Jim

Reporting for duty sah!  Although I am based several THOUSAND kilometres away from where Joe will be playing his Oz shows, I am willing to help out in any way...

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Hello Andy,

Jay Green here northern Maine.......always attend the new England shows, have worked with numerous folks that have already posted to this thread for street team efforts for ME, NH and MA shows.....have supported both Joe Street Team and Black Country Communion Street Team efforts......being close to Canadian border, have a circle from southern Maine, to central Maine and northern Maine / new Brunswick, Canada that I circulate materials through....I travel a lot for work, so makes it easy to hit many markets with street teaming efforts.

Was talking to Larry about supporting the Nov. 20th date in Springfield, MA.....and have already started spreading the word on date, would love to support however I can.....turned alot folks onto Joe's music.....been a fan since buying BLOODLINE on cassette back in early 90's.....so anything I can do to help, love to roll sleeves up and help out.

Sincerely,

Jay Green
JG1Stop@aol.com

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

Hi Andy

Welcome and good luck in your new position!

I live in CT and promoted  Hartford this past May.
Lots of street teamers in New England - different states and some small states  - so many can help promote any given show. I am going to Springfield in November and travel on the road for a living. Give a yell if you need some help. ( I understand the show is on it's way to being a sell out.)

Long live the Blues!

Rob

Hi Andy and a hearty welcome. Standing by to help in any way down here in San Diego, just as I've done in the past. Good luck in the job and we're all looking forward to good things from you.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Street Team Andy wrote:

Hey there Patty! Definitely wouldn't want you crossing any state lines! Rest assured, next time Joe comes through Iowa, you'll be the first person I reach out to.

Hi, Andy!  Your post is the best Bona-news I've heard in a bit.  I also live in Iowa, but closer to Omaha, Nebraska than Des Moines.  I also have occasion to travel to the Kansas City/St. Joseph area in Missouri fairly often, so if you need someone to cross state lines, I'm your man (as Leonard Cohen might say)!  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO