Re: Bonamassa Gibson LP BonaBurst Registry serial # "JOE B XXX"

So, what are we, chopped liver? LOL smile

Long live Rock and Roll!

airportdon wrote:
darth550 wrote:

We should start a list, should we not?

I don't think an actual list was ever created for the bonaburts in # order like the Aged/Non Aged J.B.Goldtops were from the beginning....

Seems something worth doing though. smile

All the best,
Andrew.

Who usually makes the lists?

Long live Rock and Roll!

darth550 wrote:

Who usually makes the lists?

No one in particular......it was the person who had the time,initiative and patience to start it & keep up with the updates...(additions/deletions)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

There's one up on EBAY, anyone here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110954564543?_t … 97.c0.m619

Long live Rock and Roll!

132 (edited by airportdon 2012-10-10 10:26:54)

I just saw #31 Bonaburst is on Ebay......looks great!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Custom-S … 2576512648

airportdon wrote:

I just saw #31 Bonaburst is on Ebay......looks great!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Custom-S … 2576512648

That was mine, friends. I ended the auction early and decided to keep it. Moving a Fender CS Tele instead.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

134 (edited by Jimmy 2012-10-23 12:22:57)

On a side note, I'm contemplating sending her to Gibson to have the top refinished in black to match the back and sides, as well as having Joe's sig pickups installed. I might swap the guard and knobs as well to match Joe's Bonablack (52 burst converted to black). I got a white Strat, and I thought it would be cool to have a black LP to go with it. I don't really want to buy any more guitars.

Jimmy wrote:

On a side note, I'm contemplating sending her to Gibson to have the top refinished in black to match the back and sides, as well as having Joe's sig pickups installed. I might swap the guard and knobs as well to match Joe's Bonablack (52 burst converted to black). I got a white Strat, and I thought it would be cool to have a black LP to go with it. I don't really want to buy any more guitars.

Jim...Install the Pups....keep the finish original.....:)

136 (edited by Jimmy 2012-10-23 12:36:07)

airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Even if I go with Candy Apple Blue? Hahaha. I dunno, I'm getting kind of tired of looking at the burst. Sacrilege, I know.

Jimmy wrote:
airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Even if I go with Candy Apple Blue? Hahaha. I dunno, I'm getting kind of tired of looking at the burst. Sacrilege, I know.

Serioulsy I'd paint another Les Paul Candy Apple Blue before you painted over this Bonaburst,

I think you would ruin the value of yours since it was one of the original run.....

P/s if you change out the Pups...make sure you keep the original ones....you never know the next owner may want them installed back in...:).

airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Serioulsy I'd paint another Les Paul Candy Apple Blue before you painted over this Bonaburst,

I think you would ruin the value of yours since it was one of the original run.....

P/s if you change out the Pups...make sure you keep the original ones....you never know the next owner may want them installed back in...:).

I know what you mean. I did think a bit about the resale value, but I don't really care about it that much. If a refinish of the top makes me want to pick up and play it more, than it has done its job. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling these guitars won't really appreciate that much in value anyway. If I do follow through, Gibson CS will get the work. I figure that will count for a little, even though it won't be original. I had no plans of junking BB 2 and 3 either. Right now, I'm thinking either Black or Candy Apple Blue.

Jimmy wrote:
airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

I know what you mean. I did think a bit about the resale value, but I don't really care about it that much. If a refinish of the top makes me want to pick up and play it more, than it has done its job. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling these guitars won't really appreciate that much in value anyway. If I do follow through, Gibson CS will get the work. I figure that will count for a little, even though it won't be original. I had no plans of junking BB 2 and 3 either. Right now, I'm thinking either Black or Candy Apple Blue.

Good luck either way.......I was just trying to help a bit.....If you want I can give you some info on a luthier I use...send me a PM....ttyl, Don

140 (edited by l@ry 2018-11-25 18:10:52)

I have only 2 Guitars!!!
Es 335 JB N°170
LP JB B #078
I am in France

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o67 … 37a2c2.jpg

airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Good luck either way.......I was just trying to help a bit.....If you want I can give you some info on a luthier I use...send me a PM....ttyl, Don

Much appreciated, Don. I'm just going to leave it alone. My wife thought I was crazy. LOL

hi everybody i'm chris , french fan of the great joe and my new lespaul bonaburst custom shop 's number is 100 it s a really fantastic guitar

howdy christix,
houaouuu encore un french fan de JB!!!soit le bienvenu!!!
ca serait super si tu pouvais nous mettre une image de la magnifique JB #100.
@++

Joe B 120 Bonaburst is happily residing in Minneapolis MN
Was an organized Bonaburst registry ever developed?

I am, therefore I must be, I think