Re: The Bonamassa Army

Now Captain of the Adelaide Street Team!!

Yay!!

All the best from Aus,

- Stefan Hauk

Street Team Andy wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Actually, I had a bit of fun putting together the report I sent Alexis, pasting in photos of all the places where I was able to get the word out.  If that remains a part of the ST experience, it's okay by me...

Hey Coach, if you still had a copy of this report sitting around on your hard drive, I've love to see a copy of it. If you could email it to andrew@jr-adventures.com, that'd be great!

Happy to oblige.  It should be in your inbox now...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Would I be the youngest Street Team Captain so far?

Just curious!

All the best,

Stefan

40 (edited by RickB 2012-09-12 18:01:33)

Andy, there is a rapidly growing list of fans over on BonaNation who are planning another bash in Vegas. Last time there were a LOT of  fans from this forum, JBXP and all over the country there, and it looks like there will be many more this time.  There is concern that the presale blast feed for password may be regional, with fans from all over the country already committing to the show. How can this be resolved, or is it already? I'll probably get it since Vegas is fairly regional for SoCal. Folks back east have worries.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

When the pre-sale passwords are announced, they will be released nationwide at the same time so everyone has an equal opportunity to get their tickets, if I understood you correctly and that's what you were getting at.

We have something special up our sleeves regarding Vegas as well. Lot of big announcements coming next week.

Street Team Andy wrote:

When the pre-sale passwords are announced, they will be released nationwide at the same time so everyone has an equal opportunity to get their tickets, if I understood you correctly and that's what you were getting at.

We have something special up our sleeves regarding Vegas as well. Lot of big announcements coming next week.

Thanks Andy. That is exactly what I meant and I'll pass on the words to those concerned. I have emphasized that they must sign up to ST and fan club at the appropriate sites to be included in the blast. Something special is over the top since the last Las Vegas show was very special in its own way and got a big ball of fans rolling that all turned into great street team workers.

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Andy - can pre-sale information be a bit wider than only the state we live in?  Many of us need to travel out of state to see Joe's shows.  For example, no Michigan shows were scheduled in 2012 - so we went to Indiana this summer and going to Ohio this Fall.  Networking here helped me get pre-sale info for the Toledo show, but that ended up being pure luck that it worked out.  Thoughts?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

Andy - can pre-sale information be a bit wider than only the state we live in?  Many of us need to travel out of state to see Joe's shows.  For example, no Michigan shows were scheduled in 2012 - so we went to Indiana this summer and going to Ohio this Fall.  Networking here helped me get pre-sale info for the Toledo show, but that ended up being pure luck that it worked out.  Thoughts?

See his answer above to me. The answer is yes. From personal experience, be sure you are signed up and that all info is correct. (I had an error in typing the address which the database couldn't resolve)

RickB wrote:

Thanks Andy. That is exactly what I meant and I'll pass on the words to those concerned. I have emphasized that they must sign up to ST and fan club at the appropriate sites to be included in the blast. Something special is over the top since the last Las Vegas show was very special in its own way and got a big ball of fans rolling that all turned into great street team workers.

My pleasure Rick. I'll be posting the pre-sale codes here as well. There's a lot of buzz going around the office, as next week is going to be filled with lots of awesome announcements and I think what we have in store for Vegas will get lots of people excited and blow the minds of those who were already planning on going.

Street Team Andy wrote:
RickB wrote:

My pleasure Rick. I'll be posting the pre-sale codes here as well. There's a lot of buzz going around the office, as next week is going to be filled with lots of awesome announcements and I think what we have in store for Vegas will get lots of people excited and blow the minds of those who were already planning on going.

I'm not certain it's wise to publish pre-sale codes here. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? We protect them dearly as we try to keep scalpers away.  Just a thought;) Excited to hear all the news next week.  Thanks, Cathy

I second what Cathy said - please email the codes/links to registered members - when they were posted here and on fb the whole world of scalpers swarmed in bigtime and it wasn't pretty!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

We're aware of the potential scalping issues. I don't have any say in how/where the codes will be published, we are told from the top how to handle the pre-sale and are following orders. I want to ensure that individuals who utilize the forums have access to them.

Then I would assume the e-mail route will be used as in the past. I would be willing to share the code via i.m.,or e-mail,  to anyone outside my area, from this forum, that wants to go to a show in my area. Otherwise it would be a general sale, nothing "special". Anyone who frequents the forum knows about e-mail notifications. In the past, we have taken care of each other without posting it publicly. We can do the same for the other sites too. Just my 2 cents wink   Cathy

Street Team Andy wrote:

We're aware of the potential scalping issues. I don't have any say in how/where the codes will be published, we are told from the top how to handle the pre-sale and are following orders. I want to ensure that individuals who utilize the forums have access to them.

I agree with Cathy's comments above. I can't imagine (though of course, I could always be wrong) that you would be 'ordered' to publish pre-sale details on the web for all to see, when the whole purpose is to give ST'ers, forum and XP members a first crack before the general sale starts. By publishing to the entire open web you vastly increase the possibility of tickets winding up in the 'wrong' hands.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Sounds like they have a plan.  I'm sure it will be fine.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

All I'll say is you don't even have to register, to be able to read the forum.  But scalpers have the means to acquire pre-sale codes, and will, no matter how much they are "protected".  Doesn't take much to register somewhere, if that's all it takes to get the codes.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Scalpers are going to be a part of the mix and as Joe grows in popularity it will become even more of a problem. To me the scalpers that buy through the pre-sale codes are not the problem. Markets like Chicago and New York have acquiring tickets down to a science and they don't need pre-sale codes to do it. Smaller markets with different ticket sellers can have some success controlling it. To stop scalping  it must be a multi faceted approach. The venue, the ticket agency and the artist must work together. If you have a weak link anywhere then scalping can become a problem. Pre-sale codes are just one tool. I just don't think it is the most important tool. Limiting tickets sold per order is another. You can go one step further by canceling orders from suspected scalpers but that is the venue box office and ticket agencies responsibility. Unfortunately they have figured out a way to profit off the scalping too.

Jim, Your last sentence hits upon the element that gets under my skin the most.  Isn't it quaint that a major ticket service also owns a major ticket brokering site, which always seems to have the best, and most, tickets anywhere?  How hard it it to make the connection of a 2300 seat arena selling out in minutes, then minutes later thousands of seats are on the brokering site at greatly inflated rates?  Plus, the exclusivity contracts, with the venues, adds a sweet twist to it all.

The true old-school street scalpers no longer bother me as much as the other scenario does.

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"