Topic: The Bonamassa Army

Hey all,

I want to present to you the new look of the ST Facebook Page.

http://www.facebook.com/BonamassaStreetTeam

I'm branding the ST as the Bonamassa Army (BA). This is the starting point. I intend on taking a very organized and unique approach to promoting Joe's shows around the country and world. It'll also lend itself well to various ideas that I've heard and had, including special BA shirts, dog tags and more.

We're also currently developing a new BA webpage that's more inline with our new feel that will serve as a toolbox (if you will) and one-stop-shop for all things needed to promote Joe's shows including links, flier downloads, etc.

Additionally, and I'm still working this one out and maybe you can offer some insight, but I'd like to incorporate different ranks. I'm not sure how or what it will be based on, but I think that would be a cool way to recognize those of you who have been fans and supporters for years and the work you've done to promote. Like I've said before, if it wasn't for you all, Joe wouldn't be where he is today.

So that's it for now. Just a little taste of things to come. Stay tuned and thank you for serving in the Bonamassa Army.

Yours,

General Andy

2 (edited by dknight16 2012-09-06 17:17:38)

Re: The Bonamassa Army

Glad to see something is going to come of this.  There was a lot of activity & emotion around the name of the group, and then nothing.

(whisper: Bonamassa Brigade)

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Dog tags??? Where do I sign up and
where and when do I report for duty? Lol!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Received my flyers yesterday, thanks Andy!! Promoting time!!

Nice update so far.  Looking forward to seeing this come together.

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"

Just a thought, but some might be turned off by the militaristic aspect of the name alone.

Call me a flower child, but I still remember "War is not healthy for children and other living things."

And as a distant relative said:

“It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.”
― Robert E. Lee

I would ask that you reconsider using a military twist.  Even though this is a "fight" for a completely different cause.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Bill S wrote:

Dog tags??? Where do I sign up and
where and when do I report for duty? Lol!

Seriously Bill....GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!.....I'll order mine yesterday, if they were available

Shreddy (love the Cubbies too)

love it
let me know how I can help
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Let the training begin........:)  Bonamassa Army  (BA) BOOT CAMP !!!!!     

Keep us updated ..

As long as we don't turn into ala Kiss army...L.O.L

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

stefanhauk wrote:

Received my flyers yesterday, thanks Andy!! Promoting time!!

Glad to hear it and thanks for your help!

JBFan4Life wrote:

Just a thought, but some might be turned off by the militaristic aspect of the name alone.

Call me a flower child, but I still remember "War is not healthy for children and other living things."

And as a distant relative said:

“It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.”
― Robert E. Lee

I would ask that you reconsider using a military twist.  Even though this is a "fight" for a completely different cause.

Flower child.

Kidding smile

This was probably the thing we spent the most time talking about prior to rolling out the new imagery. Keep in mind that there are different types of armies that serve different purposes; from the Salvation Army to service branches such as the Army Corps of Engineers. The picture of the boots on the Facebook page is a) an attempt to get people talking about the page and b) indicative of the fact that the street team is quite literally an army of Joe's most loyal and passionate fans that hit the ground and pound the pavement to promote his shows and CDs.

I'm going to be very conscious of the imagery I use and change the FB cover photo (currently occupied by the boots) every few weeks to keep it fresh. The original image submitted to me by one of our designes was of a tank, so I promise I'm not just throwing designs up there without having thought them through. Now that the Bonamassa Army concept has been rolled out, I'm going to be pushing more of the music aspect (if you'll notice, the A in the BA logo is a flying V guitar and the camo background it's currently on will change when the boots picture changes).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

11 (edited by Stu Craig 2012-09-07 15:21:44)

I think I remember...(help me out here Jane)...that at one time several years ago we ran this up the flagpole. Not exactly the same but similar. Maybe it was when they were tossing around possible new names for the street team(?) but anyway it was met with a seemingly disproportionate number of people wailing and gnasing their teeth over the thought that we'd create anything with a para-military theme. As General Andy so correctly points out, many organizations utilize ranks (police, fire, rescue, Salvation Army, etc) and I believe any negative connotations rest with the individual perceiver.

Heck, even some churches use the term "Foot Soldiers for Christ" for their most evangelical members - so you might find the ranks thinning over some imagined religious stigma. Hard to speculate, but nothing would come as a surprise.

Trust me, you'll never make 100% of the troops happy, General Andy (yeah I said "troops" LOL). That's why you're the General. Most will follow you into battle. Those who don't or won't due to the unpleasant associations they form in their own minds, well that's their choice.

Personally, I'm not in love with the theme either - but that's only from the standpoint that I feel it's geared toward a younger demographic than Joe's (think KISS Army, etc)... but if you find it creates a nenewed energy among the team, and the majority like it - I'd say go with it.

As I told you before "General Andy" , I am new to street teaming and really like the idea that the fans  that have been with Joe the longest deserve some recognition for that.  If not for them, I would not know about him and his great music.  It was at a Joe concert that a lovely lady, name unknown, handed me a post card that said free download.  That started it all for me.

I think change can be scary but sometimes it is needed.  The main thing is to keep Joe Bonamassa at the center of anything you do.  Thanks for your hard work

Just find ranking kind of tacky. All of us are working for the same goal. That said I'm all in with what needs to be done.

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

Maybe my brain is too tuckered from a long week of teen wrangling (they won't let us use ropes, darn it!), but if I'm not on FB does that mean I'm no longer a member of ST?

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I volunteer for Chaplain. I've got broad shoulders, a good ear and a hide like a rhino. I'll build a virtual confession booth.  tongue
Let's not revisit the naming fiasco of yesteryear. Please!
No, really, you're the S.T.  boss and you should make the rules Andy. Already I'm impressed.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

fett2112 wrote:

Just find ranking kind of tacky. All of us are working for the same goal. That said I'm all in with what needs to be done.

I agree. Even though I've been a street teamer for almost 7 years I don't feel any more important than the person that just discovered Joe and wants to spread the word.

17 (edited by JBFan4Life 2012-09-07 23:03:51)

This "flower child" was born in an Army hospital.  And my Grandmother was in the DAR, so I guess the military is deeply embedded in my genes, in one way or another.

I can get behind the use of the term Army, even if it wouldn't be my first choice.  As long as Andy is using imagery and terminology in a sensitive and thoughtful way, it should all work out OK.

I also really liked the BA logo.

@Coach...I recently learned that you can sign up for FB but not create a time line, or add friends, or photos, or track status.  (Old dog, new tricks, at least to me.)  I don't think that's really using FB, but it does allow you to access pages that require being signed in.  Like the Street Team/Bonamassa Army.  I've heard that such an account might be shut down.  I'm guessing because that kind of user isn't providing the sort of personal info and advertising opportunities that are really FB's "capital".  But I just decided to register with them, for the purpose of having access to other's pages.  Too soon to tell how that will go.

I know Andy has also said that FB will just be one method of communication.  Not a required one.  I'll mostly still plan on relying on the forum.  And I still haven't officially signed up as a Street Teamer, myself.  Though I'm leaning that way already.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Andy, so far.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

I finally joined FB a couple of months ago.  Following Joe was one of the main reasons, but it's almost mandatory these days if you want to see what's going on with your favorite bands without having to check all of their websites individually day after day.  Some bands have mostly scrapped maintaining a website and do FB exclusively.  I figured it was time.

My friend count is really modest and focuses pretty much exclusively on family members.  I'm not finding it to be tedious or distracting.  It's been pretty simple.  I'm only "following" a small number of people/sites too.  So, you might consider giving it a try.  It doesn't have to take over your life.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster