Re: JBXP network not availible!

Frankly JBXP sucks, not the people on there, just the site itself... I tried a while ago to join, but it was so much easier to fit in here... I really love it here... Wouldn't change a thing!! I just think JBXP is impersonal... This forum exemplifies the easy of communication, and Joe's fans can categorise what they want to discuss... JBXP is just an irrelevant pile of jabber..

i think this is the best place by far for information; jbxp, joe's facebook, bonamassa live facebook page and indeed joe's own website are largely a waste of space

this is the place were seriously informed people get to learn about tours tickets and the like which is really important. nowhere else does- the recent concert announcements for joe's 4 dates in london were first obtained by me right here-if i had relied on anywhere else i'd have been left standing

so this is the only place-hang around jbxp etc all you like but expect to be sat in row z come concert time!

I should have previewed my post!-i should have explained better that i think this is the best place to be for touring and ticket  information. Had i not been aware of this forum then i probably would have struggled to get decent  tickets for Joe's upcoming London shows

Facebook were slow to announce specifics on the ticket sale as was JBXP and Joe's site. I've seen Joe on numerous occasions and yes i have had good seats without recourse  to the forum but re the forthcoming London shows nowhere beat this place

As for the rest i like the facebook stuff-i always check it out daily-never really got into Jbxp

I don't see any snobbery here i must say - i do see a lot of people that are friendly to each other because they've been posting stuff for years and they are welcoming to new people

Pearl wrote:

One of the reasons you don't see more people here who have abandoned jbxp is the mentality here that if you are a newer fan, you're somehow not entitled.

Now who's trying to read minds? I've been here a little over a year, and have not encountered this "mentality" you claim to discern among the long-time denizens.  If anything, exactly the opposite has been the case, as those long-time members have gone out of their way to be friendly, welcoming, and supportive...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Pearl wrote:

One of the reasons you don't see more people here who have abandoned jbxp is the mentality here that if you are a newer fan, you're somehow not entitled.

Now who's trying to read minds? I've been here a little over a year, and have not encountered this "mentality" you claim to discern among the long-time denizens.  If anything, exactly the opposite has been the case, as those long-time members have gone out of their way to be friendly, welcoming, and supportive...

Thank you for that Coach. We certainly try to be open and welcoming to all - and always have been - before XP, during XP, and even post XP, should that occur. One thing is for sure, the forum ain't goin' nowhere! wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Coach305 wrote:

If anything, exactly the opposite has been the case, as those long-time members have gone out of their way to be friendly, welcoming, and supportive...

Yeah, I second that statement 100 percent. I'm actually having a little trouble making sense of this thread, but what I know for sure is that I'm new here and have been made to feel quite welcome.

Rick Beck- since I had you blocked on facebook, I wasn't aware that you went there yesterday to copy and paste  Ghostrider's comments from this forum to the Bonanation fb page along with your commentary about me. Who does crap like that? Only you, Rick- since you're the self- appointed judge and holy father of not only the forum but jbxp and fb- always trying to tell people what they can or can't post and offering up your narrow- minded opinions that no one is interested in. I picked up on you very early on- it's not about Joe or his music with you- it's all about YOU! What you think, what you want to see on fb and jbxp, how wonderful and smart and superior in every  respect YOU think you are compared to the rest of us mere mortals. Your bs has gotten old and you're mostly ignored now- that's why so many have blocked you on fb. You just can't stand seeing people enjoy something that's not about YOU. Guess I'll have to leave you unblocked since you're probably going to keep up your cheap shots and low blows. You're a grumpy old man and this forum suits you to a T.

Pearl wrote:

That certain snobbery or whatever you want to call it towards people who are newer Joe fans comes across pretty strong here. It seems like an old guys club.

err, I think that you are wrong on that one, - I only came across Joe around the time of Albert Hall, - and since then have found nothing but welcome from the "old guys".

I have worked in social media and would normally encourage the use of more modern interactive mediums such as JBXP over these very old out dated forums, - but this forum is NOT about the technology, it is about the community. - I for one have a clear comparison with JBXP and this forum and I can honestly say that my experience has been 100% better over here, - as I said earlier I just felt it contained too much fluff, which I can only assume because it was not regulated properly. It came across more about self promotion that JB promotion.

Anyway must dash, I am off to meet some friends that I have met as a result of the forum at Govt Mule, - just had a text to say that those "old guys" will try to hold a space for my young son so that he can see. You meet the nicest people on a JB forum! smile

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Is there a popcorn eating emoticon anywhere on here?  Really enjoying this smile

28 (edited by RickB 2012-07-04 12:30:30)

Yank! lol
Nothing like fireworks on the 4th of July!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I'm behind you Rick lol

I find it interesting that so many "new" fans find this place very welcoming and friendly, but there are a few that seem to really dislike the forum and it's "old" members. IMO, you bring your personality, positive or negative, with you wherever you go. I have very strong feelings for the forum and its members.
I have seen kindnesses performed here that seem out of place for a fan forum. I have seen outpourings of caring and sympathy for members that are/were going through difficult times. This place is what you make it. It welcomes ALL fans, whether they discovered Joe yesterday or 10 years ago.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

31 (edited by Pearl 2012-07-05 10:32:24)

Whoever you are on this forum- you should know that the self- appointed ruler of the forum Rick Beck takes posts from this forum that he disagrees with and copies and pastes them to the Bonanation fb page. Why would anyone do that? Only one reason- to try to slam and slur people HE doesn't like or agree with. Yeah- real friendly and welcoming, huh? Joe's fans know this forum is here and most are familiar with fb and if they want something posted to fb , they will do it themselves. What a sleaze bag. Rick's only interested in making himself look good at the expense of other people. He's not about Joe.

Now now Pearl, be nice.  Rick's not a sleaze bag.  I've found most folks on this forum to be very welcoming.  It's a great resource to learn about Joe's gear, tour, etc.....

JBXP wasn't for me but that doesn't mean I have anything against JBXP, just not my cup of tea.  If you come on the forum and just be nice, you'll find a great bunch of people here.....

Hello. I'm new and probably have little gravitas, but having read this thread and tried to understand the background to what appears to be a silly pi**ing competition, I thought I would say a few words on behalf of those who don't give a toss.

This is a forum. A place to talk to like-minded souls about the music and artist we have a shared interest in.

If I was Joe Bonamassa reading this, I'd be shaking my head and sighing heavily "how sad".......

Grow up. Enjoy the music. Share your passion wherever you see fit, be it here, or elsewhere.

Vienna was great. Did anyone go? wink

/gets coat and exits stage left

Well said, welcome!

Rocky wrote:

Hello. I'm new and probably have little gravitas, but having read this thread and tried to understand the background to what appears to be a silly pi**ing competition, I thought I would say a few words on behalf of those who don't give a toss.

This is a forum. A place to talk to like-minded souls about the music and artist we have a shared interest in.

If I was Joe Bonamassa reading this, I'd be shaking my head and sighing heavily "how sad".......

Grow up. Enjoy the music. Share your passion wherever you see fit, be it here, or elsewhere.

Perfectly spoken. If I were a Mod, I would close this topic now.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Perfectly spoken. If I were a Mod, I would close this topic now.

Likewise it's turning into a take a pop at people thread. Not right for here.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)