Re: Alabama Shakes: Blue Me Away!

While I was at the dentist's today, there was a magazine titled "Gardens and Guns", I kid you not!! Ted Turner was on the cover. I didn't see any gun related stories, but there was a nice write-up about this band. It seems they got their break from the Drive-by Truckers, who heard them and were impressed enough to invite them to be the opening act on their tour. I saw them on a late night show and was impressed with Brittany.         Cathy

Department of Coinydinks, part 327. big_smile

I will confess that I hadn't paid any attention to this topic before. Last night, I caught this band on Jools Holland on the BBC and was immediately impressed by the soul of the (to me, unknown) singer's voice. Earlier this evening I saw the title of this topic and read the first page. I intended to return to it after tonight's big game and report the above.

Before I got that far though, I was talking to Cathy on Skype, intending also to mention this singer/band, and she says, 'did you see my post about Alabama Shakes'? You can imagine my momentary jaw drop! We then had a real good laugh about yet another weird and wonderful little forum coinkydink and agreed that this girl really has got something. lol

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

21 (edited by Curby 2012-04-26 02:32:29)

Jools vid

http://youtu.be/AGP9VaXXUjs

Don't know why, but this song reminds me of an Adele song.  I'd like Brack's thoughts on this....

http://youtu.be/NNxWyVAtBiU

Just a good little song.

http://youtu.be/ROla_B49KbQ

You would think the BBC would send Jools Hollands show to BBC America. Some really good bands and names on there, including Joe's first tv appearance in the UK (I think).

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

You would think the BBC would send Jools Hollands show to BBC America. Some really good bands and names on there, including Joe's first tv appearance in the UK (I think).

Jools Holland is not on BBC America, but it is on Ovation via FIOS. I remember watching the show with Joe. I'm not sure we get the most recent shows and it looks like the next airing isn't until May 1.      Cathy

No pressure here!! They have landed the support slot for Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Red Rocks 5/6 August.

I can't see that anyone else has posted Alabama Shakes UK tour dates for 2012, so here goes:

Sat 7th July          T In The Park 2012, Balado Airfield, Kinross

Fri 13th July -        Latitude Festival, Henham Park, Southwold
Sun 15th July

Thu 19th July -      Secret Garden Party, Mill Hill Field, Grange Farm, Huntingdon
Sun 22nd July

Fri 31st Aug -        End Of The Road Festival, Larmer Tree Gardens, Salisbury
Sun 2nd Sep

Tue 4th Sep          O2 Academy, Oxford

Wed 5th Sep        Concorde 2, Brighton

Thu 6th Sep -        Bestival 2012, Robin Hill Adventure Park, Newport
Sun 9th Sep

Mon 12th Nov        Academy, Manchester

Tue 13th Nov        Barrowland (1 & 2), Glasgow

Fri 16th Nov          The Coronet, Elephant & Castle, London

Sat 17th Nov        HMV Forum, Kentish Town, London

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

β€œThe guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I saw a bit on television from their gig at Rock Werchter but i was no impressed.
Walter from Belgium

I had posted a topic on this band yesterday and deleted it since I had no clue yall had it covered (You people amaze me with all your music knowledge).....I will buy the album, I love all I saw on you tube.....anyone who gets a comparison to another great always gets a look from me.....JB I found when I saw the SRV comparisons, yeah I know JBs tones changed a bit, but I heard many many riffs that I could compliment to.....back to the topic, I need to look for some tour dates

Shred

Shred, They were on the Americana Music Awards last night and won "Emerging Artist Award". Rebroadcasting some of the show on Austin City Limits, November 10th wink    Sister C