Re: Alexis Signing out

Best of Luck to you Alexis.  You were such an asset to Joe and his fans.  You will be missed.

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Good luck Alex and keep your eye out for fun, interesting and challenging things, you'll do well in all three categories! smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

My Friend Alexis...................good luck for you and you´re family , what a very great job you did , all with your soul fan  , i wish you all the best for the future , many thanks again for the great job and to give me the chance to meet Joe Bonamassa twice in Stockholm ,
Take care !!
Loïc

Epiphone Les Paul 1989 with bridge & neck WCR DarkBurst set pickups , Burny Les Paul Custom från 80 ' late with bb2 & bb3 ,Fender Princeton Reverb 68 , Joe Bonamassa Face Fuzz Dunlop ,MXR Micro Flanger , Ts 808 tubescreamer reissue , Boss DD 3 made in Taiwan ,  MXR Dyna Comp , MXR Distortion +,MXR Joe Bonamassa Fet Driver

Thanks Alexis,

for all your assistance and hard work.., all the best in whatever you do..

Cheers Mate!!

Rob

Hey Alexis.....sorry, didn't even think to look here to post.  I was very surprised, to say the least, to see you were leaving.  I'm certain you will find much success, and you will be missed.  Thank you so much for all you've done in helping me at different times.  You helped make being a fan of Joe even more special.  The very best of luck to you

Dennis

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Hey Alexis
Ron from Pelham NH here, I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors. Thank you so much over the past year and a half for all the help you have giving me in linking up with Joe after my wife passed away...getting me into the meet and greets to have Joe sign my guitar and for all the other activities I always asked your help on. Thank you and may your dreams come true
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I must say that as a street team member, helping promote Joe's show in Springfield, Illinois on May 8, 2012 was a real letdown, thanks to Alexis. The sudden drop and obvious lack of forwarding all my work to the next street team captain - Larry left me completely OUT of the meet & greet at the show.

Dropping off close to 500 flyers, sending pictures and text's to Alexis as required from street team members resulted in a "thanks everyone but I'm out of here". I don't do facebook or twitter so my only recourse was to send emails to Joe's website asking what the heck is a guy gotta do to get recognition? Of course, my emails were responded to just too late for the show's meet & greet.

Alexis? I really wish you well but you did me wrong.

I'll chose my words carefully....sometimes I wish i were a fly on the wall over  there....I had a problem in the past that doesnt need mentioning, with the exception of frustration on my part....Tim all I can say is that blows!.....you can be bitter, sure can understand that, or line all your ducks up ahead of time if at all possible....I know I'm probably not making sense, all I'm trying to say is step into this with caution....at least that's how I look at the whole street team thing now.....I say if you really want street teamers hittting the ground with a grassroots effort, you have to monitor this a lot closer, people are spending there time, money and who know what all  to get JBs name out there....I have my own ideas, but I have decided to lay low, I wont make the same mistakes twice.....to each there own, and I wish nothing less than the best for this street team to work

Shred

timcall2 wrote:

I must say that as a street team member, helping promote Joe's show in Springfield, Illinois on May 8, 2012 was a real letdown, thanks to Alexis. The sudden drop and obvious lack of forwarding all my work to the next street team captain - Larry left me completely OUT of the meet & greet at the show.

Dropping off close to 500 flyers, sending pictures and text's to Alexis as required from street team members resulted in a "thanks everyone but I'm out of here". I don't do facebook or twitter so my only recourse was to send emails to Joe's website asking what the heck is a guy gotta do to get recognition? Of course, my emails were responded to just too late for the show's meet & greet.

As an original Street Teamer and one time Director and Coordinator our sole mission was to spread the word about Joe. The office at times gave us the tools and sometimes we just did it ourselves. It was about promoting Joe because we believed in him and wanted others to hear what they were missing. The M&G's were not official back then you just showed up early and said hi as they were loading in. Sometimes you even helped. None the less you helped because you wanted to and not because you were gonna get some swag. Sometimes you did and that was just icing on the cake.

I never liked the idea of rewarding people with access and this illustrates why. If for some reason the M&G cancels or unable to fulfill all the requests you end up alienating those you you have made promises to. especially after jumping through hoops documenting everything. Tim I'm sorry it didn't work out. Alexis tried his best made some mistakes along the way. The handoff didn't go smoothly evidently and you were collateral damage. Joe has a way of making things like this right eventually with a little patience. Let me know if you end up attending a show in the fall.

These recent shows had PBS promotion attendees that already swelled the number that Joe likes to have present. He wants to be able to spend time and not feel rushed to just shake and walk down the line. When you do get that chance you'll be glad he does it this way. He is somebody worth waiting to meet and you want all the time you can get when you do.

jim m wrote:
timcall2 wrote:

As an original Street Teamer and one time Director and Coordinator our sole mission was to spread the word about Joe. The office at times gave us the tools and sometimes we just did it ourselves. It was about promoting Joe because we believed in him and wanted others to hear what they were missing. The M&G's were not official back then you just showed up early and said hi as they were loading in. Sometimes you even helped. None the less you helped because you wanted to and not because you were gonna get some swag. Sometimes you did and that was just icing on the cake.

I never liked the idea of rewarding people with access and this illustrates why. If for some reason the M&G cancels or unable to fulfill all the requests you end up alienating those you you have made promises to. especially after jumping through hoops documenting everything. Tim I'm sorry it didn't work out. Alexis tried his best made some mistakes along the way. The handoff didn't go smoothly evidently and you were collateral damage. Joe has a way of making things like this right eventually with a little patience. Let me know if you end up attending a show in the fall.

These recent shows had PBS promotion attendees that already swelled the number that Joe likes to have present. He wants to be able to spend time and not feel rushed to just shake and walk down the line. When you do get that chance you'll be glad he does it this way. He is somebody worth waiting to meet and you want all the time you can get when you do.

Hit the nail on the head Jim, it's all about Joe!! No matter what ends up happening... I'm on the street team (I think.... the signing up process has baffled me a bit....) I hope to get a M & G for his show in Adelaide in October, but if I don't I'm still happy knowing that I've done my best for Joe and done some promotion for his show(s). I have already started spreading the facebook word about Joe's Aussie tour..... just doing my best at trying to make the tour as successful as possible so he comes back again and again... and is appreciated by us Aussie audiences!!

I think we'd all like to see Larry on here and get him to interact with some of the strongest parts of joes fan base!!! It would be a wise move for Larry to get in here and help solve piling amount of street team issue that keep popping up on here, like Alexis did...

Peace Stefan smile

I think Larry can do the job and should be given the space to do so.  He doesn't need to explain or apologize publicly every time something doesn't work out for someone.  Street Teams are about grass roots promoting artists you care about and want to spread the word.  Incentives are nice, but entitlement is not what it's about.  If you want a guaranteed M&G, buy a litho or take advantage of a PBS drive next time they do that.  Let Larry figure out how to make this job successful for Joe and the Street Team as an organization first, and individuals second.  It will work out fine.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Pearl wrote:

I'm happy for you, Coach, that you were able to get something resolved through Larry in a satisfactory manner. However, this forum, fb and jbxp are full of comments from a number of people who have repeatedly tried to reach Larry about various things and all say the same thing- no response from him. I won't reiterate all the missteps I've personally experienced from Joe's people- or all the ones I've witnessed that have happened to other fans. People don't like to be lied to- so when Larry took the step of posting on the Bonanstion fb page that he answers all emails, it didn't go over well. Unprofessionalism and lack of courtesy is bad enough- lying about it only makes it worse. Last time I checked, we're all free to post our opinions on fb. If you have a fb account, Coach,  you can go there and see there was no ranting there by anyone. And obviously I had permission to post a copy of a family member's email here.

Yeah, kind of have to agree. I sent Larry an email a month ago to introduce myself and never got a response.  But who I am I....

Music is good for the Soul...

Thank you Alexis for all you've done for so many. You will be missed. Like all JB fans, I know you won't be far away if at all. Holler if you need. Stay Safe Please!