Re: Vacations???

Angela wrote:

Leaving for a Carribean cruise tomorrow with my family, all 31 of us!!!  (5 siblings/spouses, my parents and 17 grandchildren) Half the family lives in Florida, the other half in the Philly region, so it will be a great get together.  Now, what do you think the odds are that we will all be speaking after 7 days??  lol

Sounds like an interesting trip!  Should be a great time, family is always special.  Angela, you need to do two more posts before you leave!

Music is good for the Soul...

I was thinking the same thing! lol  As a women, I can tell you a cruise is bliss. Someone will have Whatever you OR your family needs, Whenever you want it. That's such a load off the "Mom's" mind. What are your ports?           Cathy

Angela wrote:

Leaving for a Carribean cruise tomorrow with my family, all 31 of us!!!  (5 siblings/spouses, my parents and 17 grandchildren) Half the family lives in Florida, the other half in the Philly region, so it will be a great get together.  Now, what do you think the odds are that we will all be speaking after 7 days??  lol

Angela, that sounds like a great trip. My wife and I were on our first cruise 2 years ago (to Alaska). A family cruise sounds like an awesome idea. Have fun!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

You guys are so funny with keeping track of the posts, I hardly ever notice the count unless someone else points it out!  I have a great family and it's cool how all the cousins relate to each other, many of their ages line up.  Everyone wants to hang with the oldest cousin who is one year out of college and working in LA.  He somehow has gotten connected enough to get invited to some celebrity parties; he went to Heidi Klum's Halloween party and got photos with her and Paris Hilton. 

I hate to pack...I think people that travel alot become pros at bringing the bare minimum.  I tried to have a color coordinated theme so I have don't have to bring a ton of shoes.  lol

David A. wrote:
Angela wrote:

Sounds like an interesting trip!  Should be a great time, family is always special.  Angela, you need to do two more posts before you leave!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Yeah Angela! Now you can go asea!! hehehe..I have some great 20 somethings in my family too. They are so entertaining! Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back.                     Cathy

Now that's a vacation!!!! Wow! That's gonna wear something /someone out someway/sometime!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Marianne wrote:

Hi,
Well already wrote it down somewhere else.
But me and my boyfriend are gonna travel around for 3 whole weeks. In your lovely country.We already booked a car and plane tickets. We're gonna start in San Fransisco and move towards Vegas, and we'll end up in Denver. And fly home from there.We wanna visit some of the beautiful national parcs on the way.Like: Yosemite NP, Sequoia,Death Valley,Lake Mead ,a part of Route 66, Grand canion, Zion, Bryce,Monument valley,Rocky mountains, and everything in between.
Really looking forward to this trip. wink
We'll arrive on September 10th and fly back September 30th.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

25 (edited by Rocket 2007-06-29 23:12:18)

Hmmm, connected to Paris Hilton- a late night show joke there somewhere...our family does good, but not good enough to have 31 together on a cruise...Bon Voyahgee!!! See ya when your back, I'll be Bona-Douchey leading the post counters by then!!!

Angela wrote:

You guys are so funny with keeping track of the posts, I hardly ever notice the count unless someone else points it out!  I have a great family and it's cool how all the cousins relate to each other, many of their ages line up.  Everyone wants to hang with the oldest cousin who is one year out of college and working in LA.  He somehow has gotten connected enough to get invited to some celebrity parties; he went to Heidi Klum's Halloween party and got photos with her and Paris Hilton. 

I hate to pack...I think people that travel alot become pros at bringing the bare minimum.  I tried to have a color coordinated theme so I have don't have to bring a ton of shoes.  lol

David A. wrote:
Angela wrote:

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

26 (edited by Rocket 2007-07-03 17:35:55)

That's a pretty good castle, kinda looks like one I saw in Spain, hmmm Spanish Castle Magic......A sticker on the sand pail even!  The strings bend as good as Joe too!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Jane H. wrote:

going to Ocean city Maryland Friday - can't wait
too bad Buddy Guy is playing right up the road two days after we leave, would have been great to hit that show.
If I hit the mega millions tonite maybe i can get Joe to play there at the beach. Hopefully if he ever gets booked there it will be when i am able to make it and hang at the beach for a few. thats my dream vacation/Joe show.

since we are off topic, found this new product http://www.sand-off.com/index.html
thought it was interesting

I'll attempt to make another magic Bonamassandcastle if the beach isn't too packed.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/yeeeehahooo … 2350780336

Hey Jane, Hope you're having fun "down the ocean, hon"..Nothin' But Trouble is playing at Trader Lee's? over the bridge from downtown. I think Friday.  That's "my" band. Tell them I sent you. Karen will be there.....Cathy

Hi Cathy,
BLISS- great word to describe the past week.  Ports-SanJuan, St. Thomas and St. Maarteen/St.Martin (Dutch and French). Best vacation I've had since my honeymoon 22 years ago!  My parents were celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary, they are really wonderful role models for us all, all aspects of their relationship, values etc.!

And Bill S.- We all made a vow to do a cruise or some major vacation every 5 years, we're thinking about the Alaskan cruise next; I've heard all good things about it! This was actually our second cruise together, did the Disney cruise first.

cathysiler wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! lol  As a women, I can tell you a cruise is bliss. Someone will have Whatever you OR your family needs, Whenever you want it. That's such a load off the "Mom's" mind. What are your ports?           Cathy

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela, welcome back to terra firma. Still feel the ship rocking? Keep the Blues Cruise in mind in the future. Not sure about the whole family, but a must for "adults". January's sold out in June. October's from California is newer and growing in popularity. It's a music lover's Disneyworld! Nothing but WOW's. As for Alaska, I'm going in 2009. We are thinking of renting an RV. A friend did that, took it up the inland pass on a barge and said the price was better than a cruise. We plan to go inland (my family homsteaded in Fairbanks in the 40's and early 50's.) Still planning...Anyway, glad you had a great break from the "real" world! Cathy

Angela wrote:

Hi Cathy,
BLISS- great word to describe the past week.  Ports-SanJuan, St. Thomas and St. Maarteen/St.Martin (Dutch and French). Best vacation I've had since my honeymoon 22 years ago!  My parents were celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary, they are really wonderful role models for us all, all aspects of their relationship, values etc.!

And Bill S.- We all made a vow to do a cruise or some major vacation every 5 years, we're thinking about the Alaskan cruise next; I've heard all good things about it! This was actually our second cruise together, did the Disney cruise first.

cathysiler wrote:

Angela, Alaskan cruise recommended without any hesitation. Absolutely breathtaking scenery. It never got full dark, more like dusk for an hour or two. I'd go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 4AM to almost full daylight. Look out our balcony and see the most awesome scenery that I couldn't go back to sleep. You definitely need to have a balcony room. We sat on our balcony and had champagne brunch while cruising through Glacier Bay, saw whales there, seals, saw the glacier calve...and I swear to God I had my headphones on and was listening to Joe. I want to go back!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hey Jane, my roomate's daughter lives with some of the band in OC! Small world! Cathy