Topic: Vacations???

Hey,
I'm curious where people are going this summer or fall for vacation.
My younger daughter (21) and I leave in two weeks for the Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area in Minnesota (right on the Canadian border). It's a wilderness area/national park that prohibits the use of any type of motors. Travel is strictly via canoes, and you carry everything with you. We have a 10 hour drive to Ely, Minnesota and then we'll be canoeing 40 miles or so along with a dozen portages (to get from lake to lake). Wilderness camping  with no electricity, no running water, no communication, lots of peace and quiet along with the beauty of being on a secluded wilderness lake. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the awesome, world class fishing. I can't wait!
Where are you traveling??

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Vacations???

Excellent Bill.. Have  a great time and catch lots of trout . I recently got back from a vacation in the Smoky Mountains of N.C. . Went for a week with my girlfriend ,neither of us had been there before. We rented a nice cabin in Murphy N.C. that had everything you needed. Did lots of sightseeing,hiking,shopping,and relaxing. I went fishing 1 day in the nanahtala river and caught a nice brown trout that became dinner. We went to Smoky Mountain National Park twice and saw Elk, Deer, and 1 BlackBear. Also found some very interesting roads in the area ( RT.129..also called "The Tail of The Dragon" ) if you own a motorcycle check it out !!  The Cherohala Skyway is another great cruising road , with lots of overlooks and picnic areas. We had a great time the people were friendly and the area was beautiful . ( except for the state trooper who pulled me over for no seatbelt and gave me a $100.00 ticket ) Must have been the Mass. plates.......  Have Fun....  Paul / JBrules

Going to Chicago for crossroads festival!!!!

tarus52 wrote:

This is where I will be vacationing as well! Its going to be a fantastic weekend. I'm very excited about going.

most of the time i head upstate new york and hang out in the catskills , hiking, riding the bike , four wheeling  , fishing , hunting , running arounfd the woods naked lol ..or i go up a little ways to lake george and chill out there . otherwise i am going to concerts all over the place .joe

I'd usually be in Milwaukee WI doing Summerfest right now - the largest & longest music festival in the world. But since I live in Michigan now, I gotta stay.  I'm taking year-round courses as well to get my Master of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design. So unless I can get away for a weekend vacations for me are few and far between!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Texas is about it for us, but I'm not complaining, thats a big state, lots of music, the SRV RIDE should hold me for awhile. I'm not into the usual relax and get away from the city stuff, hell, I go the big cities to relax. I nearly forgot, we ( all the men and teenage boys in the family ) are going camping in the mountains of Cali. in Sept. kind of a men of the family get together. Should be interesting, lots of stories and plenty of b.s. I dont really want to go, I'm not wired that way, but I can hang for a few days ( oh yeah I aint sleeping on no dirt in a sleeping bag either..lol )

Shred

Meg wrote:
tarus52 wrote:

This is where I will be vacationing as well! Its going to be a fantastic weekend. I'm very excited about going.

Tarus & Meg,
That's gonna be an awesome event. I'll be there as well, although it's not a vacation for me...just about in the backyard.
If you haven't been here before, Chicago is an phenomenal city, lots to do and see, loads of great restaurants, museums, blues clubs, the lakefront. You'll have a great trip.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi,
Well already wrote it down somewhere else.
But me and my boyfriend are gonna travel around for 3 whole weeks. In your lovely country.We already booked a car and plane tickets. We're gonna start in San Fransisco and move towards Vegas, and we'll end up in Denver. And fly home from there.We wanna visit some of the beautiful national parcs on the way.Like: Yosemite NP, Sequoia,Death Valley,Lake Mead ,a part of Route 66, Grand canion, Zion, Bryce,Monument valley,Rocky mountains, and everything in between.
Really looking forward to this trip. wink
We'll arrive on September 10th and fly back September 30th.

tarus52 wrote:

We are heading up to Chicago as well, then going up to Canada for a couple of days...

Music is good for the Soul...

Ken and I have already taken our vacations for the year.  We were lucky enough to take our first Hawaiian vacation in February to the island of Kauai.  And in May we spent a week on the west coast starting with a couple of days in San Francisco, drove up the coast and over to Napa Valley, then starting driving down the coast; spent a day in Monterey, a couple of days around San Luis Obispo, (where we saw Joe play), then over to Yosemite for a couple of days.  So, needless to say, our vacation fund is running very low at the moment.  A weekend trip to West Palm to see Joe again in November is all we have planned for the rest of this year.  Everything else we do will be around central Florida until the vacation fund has been replenished.

Hope all of you have a great time on your vacations.  smile

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Summerfest in Milwaukee starts this Thursday - we'll be going at least twice - it's one of my favorite events.  Anyone else going?
Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

Jaci wrote:

Summerfest in Milwaukee starts this Thursday - we'll be going at least twice - it's one of my favorite events.  Anyone else going?
Jaci

Im going to miss Summerfest this year! sad  Make sure you check out John Mayer for me on the 3rd!

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jaci wrote:

Jaci

Im going to miss Summerfest this year! sad  Make sure you check out John Mayer for me on the 3rd!

We are going on the 3rd - I can't convince my husband to see John Mayer - he says that
he's borring - have you ever seen him live?

Jaci wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jaci wrote:

Jaci

We are going on the 3rd - I can't convince my husband to see John Mayer - he says that

I use to think that too, but after seeing him live and he is not boring!  He puts on a great show.  Plays pretty good guitar, not a Joe by any means, but does alright.

Music is good for the Soul...

Jaci wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jaci wrote:

Jaci

I've seen him three times actually. He does his pop songs, but he also does some killer blues - very clapton/buddy guy esque. I'd recommend him. But remember he is Blues coming from Clapton, PaulSimon & Sting, not from Albert King, johnny lee hooker and Jeff Beck. if that makes any sense.

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jaci wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I've seen him three times actually. He does his pop songs, but he also does some killer blues - very clapton/buddy guy esque. I'd recommend him. But remember he is Blues coming from Clapton, PaulSimon & Sting, not from Albert King, johnny lee hooker and Jeff Beck. if that makes any sense.

Yes, that makes complete sense and probably exactly what my husband is thinking - but Buddy Guy can kick a** when he feels like it - oh well, I am going to see Eric Tessmer on one of the small stages - never saw him before but I have a feeling he might be good.
Thanks for the info - Jaci

Leaving for a Carribean cruise tomorrow with my family, all 31 of us!!!  (5 siblings/spouses, my parents and 17 grandchildren) Half the family lives in Florida, the other half in the Philly region, so it will be a great get together.  Now, what do you think the odds are that we will all be speaking after 7 days??  lol

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/