19 (edited by Rocket 2007-06-28 17:12:24)

Re: Life is real good to me!

Since I am a dyed in the wool A's fan since childhood, I am digging on your joy...I'd be milking it and meeting the guys, who will be stars once they get called up and eventually leave my A's for another team.

Rock On & Keep the Faith and....give 'em the heater from hell Shred!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Ok, heres how it went last night. Got to the ballpark an hour early, met up with our friends. Talk to my buddy Brad, he's the one who put this all together. Last Dec. he went to a charity auction for the "make a wish foundation", we all know what great things they have done for children. He got a 10 seat package with perks to boot.

I got to throw out the first pitch, along with 3 other people, they were there for various reasons. So I guess you could say, I wasnt the only one. The first 2 were kids about 8 years old, boy were they happy, they threw 2 perfect pitches to the catcher. The next guy looks at me, I'm razzin him " those kids just set the bar high, dont throw it over his head". He threw one better than the kids. Its my turn now, I look over at my buddies, there yelling like fools, I reach back and nearly threw it over the catchers head (LOL).

The 3rd inning my budddies that own a co. in Sac town got to be interviewed on the radio by Johnny D. the "rivercats" radio annoucer. It was a long inning so they got to plug there co. good. The following inning they rode on the golf cart, one friend is holding the hotdog cannon, but it wasnt working, I'll let your imagination what we said to him about holding this huge hot dog bun with a weener in the middle (LOL) The other friend threw t-shirts into the crowd ( dude throws like a old lady! )

The 7th inning stretch all of us go down on the field, with the exception of my wife. My buddy pulled some Paris Hilton wanna be out of the stands he was eyeing up, got her number too! We got to fire Frisbees into the stands, one of my friends employees fired one into the opposing teams dugout as they all ducked for cover (LOL). I've played frisbee golf, so i know how to let loose, put  one off the facade of the 2nd deck, and cleared the concession stands past it on the 2nd whirl.

Sorry this story is way to long, it was a blast! Were going to do this again next year. Got to go to work.

Shred

P.S.....Drank beer too! (LOL)

Hey Shred, sounds like a great time. The adrenaline must have been pumping when you threw the rocket almost over the head of the catcher.
Did you have your Joe shirt on?

Music is good for the Soul...

Hey Shred! Sounds like you had a "blast"! Your stories are never too long, only too funny! Can't wait for the next one...............Cathy

David A. wrote:

Hey Shred, sounds like a great time. The adrenaline must have been pumping when you threw the rocket almost over the head of the catcher.

Yes I did, in fact I'm working on a couple of the photos. Ive got about 15 e-mail address from the forum peeps! I learned them damn photo files can take forever, so I edited a bunch of them so yall dont have to open up this huge file. Some of you unfortunate people will see the shredster before beer, then after I mainline the heineken (LOL)

Shred

755 homers......Henry Aaron ( Georgia )
       749 homers......Barry Bonds  ( California )
       702 homers......David A. ( North Carolina )....Congrats Dude!!!

24 (edited by Rocket 2007-06-29 22:18:01)

You are da man Shred, for proper baseball game attire!!!! I have attended 2 AAA games so far and wore 2 different Joe T-shirts...Next stop, the majors! Any comments from the peanut gallery (other fans, not your friends or wife)?!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith (formally requesting pics, e-mail is darockette88@yahoo.com),
Rocket

Shredit wrote:
David A. wrote:

Yes I did, in fact I'm working on a couple of the photos. Ive got about 15 e-mail address from the forum peeps! I learned them damn photo files can take forever, so I edited a bunch of them so yall dont have to open up this huge file. Some of you unfortunate people will see the shredster before beer, then after I mainline the heineken (LOL)

Shred

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Here's a couple of the pics from Shred's big game.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9487117@N05/

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Dave , Got the photo's , Looks like that was a fun and memorable day out

Enjoyed them

Thanks Shred

Hmmmm .............  Just one Question Shred , In that picture of the Mascots
                               Is that J DAWG & Your Brother Holding onto you after a severe drinking session
                              Sh*t man they do look worse for their night out with you

tongue

.............................. michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hey Shred. What a good looking man you are! The shirt is perfect. Shred and his favorite B's..Bonamassa, beer, and baseball!!! Life sure is good!! Thanks for the pictures Dave and thanks for sharing Jeff.....             Cathy

Cathy, you forgot one of his favorite B's.....BABES?

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Pittsburgh Jeff wrote:

Here's a couple of the pics from Shred's big game.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9487117@N05/

Hope you caught my e-mail, anyways thanks dude, your way to cool!

Shred

cathysiler wrote:

Hey Shred. What a good looking man you are! The shirt is perfect. Shred and his favorite B's..Bonamassa, beer, and baseball!!! Life sure is good!! Thanks for the pictures Dave and thanks for sharing Jeff.....             Cathy

Cathy, correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt you say that you dont drink. Faces like mine end up on the F.B.I. most wanted list! But thanks, guess I can take the paper bag off now (LOL)

Shred

michael*lynch wrote:

Dave , Got the photo's , Looks like that was a fun and memorable day out

Enjoyed them

Thanks Shred

Hmmmm .............  Just one Question Shred , In that picture of the Mascots
                               Is that J DAWG & Your Brother Holding onto you after a severe drinking session
                              Sh*t man they do look worse for their night out with you

tongue

.............................. michael

Michael, if it was ANYONE  I knew in those mascot suits, I could of cared less, I'm not bull****ing I love beer, and I was putting them away when those 2 goons snuck up on the shredster! Oh yeah, the DAWG and my brothers can hang with the best of them too!

Shred

Rocket wrote:

You are da man Shred, for proper baseball game attire!!!! I have attended 2 AAA games so far and wore 2 different Joe T-shirts...Next stop, the majors! Any comments from the peanut gallery (other fans, not your friends or wife)?!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith (formally requesting pics, e-mail is darockette88@yahoo.com),
Rocket

Shredit wrote:
David A. wrote:

Shred

Rocket, I got to know what AAA parks you were at. In my humble opinion, they do a great job entertaining the fans!

Shred