Re: **Exclusive** Classic Rock Magazine No. 167

thespiderspeed wrote:

Kevin Shirley has posted the front cover on facebook today:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … mp;theater

Yes, that's the outer cover with all the info ad's - The actual cover - without the ad's.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

jim m wrote:
Kenny wrote:
ReverendPaul wrote:

I buy Classic Rock on a regular basis. Barnes and Nobles carries it but it is always about a month behind what comes out in the U.K. so you won't see the Joe issue on U.S. news stands for about 5 weeks.

You can download the CR Mag to an ipad or iphone from here but obviously without the physical cd :

http://goo.gl/z4Yhu

Kenny

Not available as of yet via this app. Jan issue 166 the newest issue available. 167 is apparently Feb issue.

February is now available on this app. The cost of the issue is $4.99 if you can't wait for it to reach news stands I'm reading it now.

I wrote on here some time ago that a live acoustic album was a definite must at some point and that a good marketing ploy would be a compilation album given the body of work Joe already has. For new fans there is just sooo much to catch up on...and it would be damned expensive!

Now in one fell swoop he is announcing both. I'm pleased, not as a smart as$ big_smile but because there is such a lot of good stuff to look forward too.

I think it will be another bumper year for him. He'd better start adding a personal trainer and masseuse to the payroll. He's gonna need 'em.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

jim m wrote:
jim m wrote:
Kenny wrote:

You can download the CR Mag to an ipad or iphone from here but obviously without the physical cd :

http://goo.gl/z4Yhu

Kenny

Not available as of yet via this app. Jan issue 166 the newest issue available. 167 is apparently Feb issue.

February is now available on this app. The cost of the issue is $4.99 if you can't wait for it to reach news stands I'm reading it now.

$49.99?

Yuckety Yuk
BJJ FDOLuck

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:
jim m wrote:
jim m wrote:

$49.99?

Yuckety Yuk
BJJ FDOLuck

$4.99 single issue. App is free.

42 (edited by BadKitty 2012-02-28 01:31:51)

I had a heck of a time getting a copy of the February 2012 Joe Bonamassa Classic Rock magazine!  With the help of a BonaBuddy, I finally got one.  The usual places simply couldn't keep them in stock, i.e., Barnes & Noble.  The guy at the store said, "They are flying out the door like hotcakes!  This guy must be really popular!"  I said, "Why yes he is and he is an awesome talent."

On Sunday, February 26, I wrote (and posted on my Facebook page) a review (see below) of THE article about Joe in issue #167 of Classic Rock Magazine.  I am adding my review here too although ALL of you have already read the article but I had fun writing my own little review because (no surprise here), I have alot to say when it comes to Joe! 

I read the article several times this morning over a cup 'o Joe (of course) and under Katie Blue's watchful eye! I really enjoyed reading the article for many reasons, the most important one being that it comes through loud and clear that Joe is who we think he is! He is not some contrived, puffed up "star." He is himself: a hard-working, humble, uber talented man with a vision of what he wants to do and he surrounds himself with the kind of people who support (not detract from) his vision. He is someone we all can learn from in the preserverance-pays-off-department!

Did you know that...

1. Joe LOVES Diet Coke! 12 cans a day!

2. Silence is not always golden (it can be suffocating) after a tour is over.

3. Roy and Joe are THE bottomline of J&R Adventures.

4. Roy drops the "F Bomb" alot...I like that 'cause it's like punctuation to me!

5. Every time someone buys something from Joe's website, Roy gets a text message? I'm going to add a little message to Roy when I place my order that helps me reach the $2,500 mark (almost there)!!!

6. Joe and Roy keep track of "all those critical moments and the critical people that made a difference in Joe's career. All those moments and people are logged and debts remembered!" That speaks volumes about the character of these two doesn't it? The list is very distinguished!

7. Joe and Kevin met because Kevin was going to a blues club in Illinois (Joe was playing there) to meet a girl, who later became his wife?

8. Joe acknowledges in this oh so very true statement: "My fans want to see me become successful, they make it a mission in their own personal lives.... And it's because when you're sick and it's raining and it's windy and it's cold and you can't be bothered and there's five people outside the bus -- you don't walk past them. You get sick and you get rained on and you take the wind and you sign everything and you take pictures and you repeat that about 50,000 times--and that's building your house." "And you never take anybody for granted." Joe -- I'll be waiting outside the next Joe show in our area for you to sign my JB Classic Rock mag!!!

Joe DID find another way to get the key to the men's club of rock 'n' roll guitar and we'all are so glad he did! Don't EVER change Joe! We appreciate YOU and can't get enough of your music!

If you don't have the Joe Bonamassa issue of Classic Rock, all I can say is GET ONE NOW!!!

Bad Kitty

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

P.S.  I have come home to Joe's Forum!  I am "social networking" in the Forum and as Joe's friend on Facebook only.  This is where it all began and I felt compelled to return to normalcy!

Bad Kitty

WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

BadKitty wrote:

If you don't have the Joe Bonamassa issue of Classic Rock, all I can say is GET ONE NOW!!!

Go pick up issue 169 as well >> https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 05#p224905

We Are The Champ20ns

Jane H. wrote:

hey Bad Kitty nice to see you back here. Whichever way is best for you is best, but alot of us participate here, on FB and JBXP. they all have their own unique qualities ....

nice review i must say. i have found it quite interesting the number of bonabuddies who felt it an interesting article and certainly informative in a way yet not the most positive refelction on J&R. I have mixed feelings i think and wonder how it was edited and such and how that may have changed opinion. glad to see your review

i wonder how it is going at my local barnes and noble ( and how weird that seem to be the only place most of us in the US can access it in a physical store....) when i left there last there was 2 left. i'll try to check in with the only magazine stand place i know of locally. i happened to be right near the b&n when i stopped in but so many mention that store coast to coast it got me wondering who else might have it

Jane, it's nice to be back!  I can't believe I only have 136 posts on the forum!  I feel like I'm talking about Joe all the time when I'm online.  Would it count if I copied and pasted all my FB and JBXP posts into the forum?  Haaaahaaaa.  Then I'd have at least 10,000 posts!

Bad Kitty  cool

WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

BadKitty wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

hey Bad Kitty nice to see you back here. Whichever way is best for you is best, but alot of us participate here, on FB and JBXP. they all have their own unique qualities ....

nice review i must say. i have found it quite interesting the number of bonabuddies who felt it an interesting article and certainly informative in a way yet not the most positive refelction on J&R. I have mixed feelings i think and wonder how it was edited and such and how that may have changed opinion. glad to see your review

i wonder how it is going at my local barnes and noble ( and how weird that seem to be the only place most of us in the US can access it in a physical store....) when i left there last there was 2 left. i'll try to check in with the only magazine stand place i know of locally. i happened to be right near the b&n when i stopped in but so many mention that store coast to coast it got me wondering who else might have it

Jane, it's nice to be back!  I can't believe I only have 136 posts on the forum!  I feel like I'm talking about Joe all the time when I'm online.  Would it count if I copied and pasted all my FB and JBXP posts into the forum?  Haaaahaaaa.  Then I'd have at least 10,000 posts!

Bad Kitty  cool

Nah, half would be about Katy Blue. wink Welcome back to sanity BK. big_smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
BadKitty wrote:

Bad Kitty  cool

Nah, half would be about Katy Blue. wink Welcome back to sanity BK. big_smile

Hahaha Rick!!!  Actually, if you notice, probably at least 51% of my Katie Blue postings are ABOUT Joe, with Joe Bobble and the BobbleBluesBand!  lololol 

If Joe needs an official mascot, Be-bay Katie Blue would gladly accept the job!  (Be-bay = "baby" the way Joe sings it in Blues Deluxe on the Live at Rockpalast DVD -- near the end of the song).  So her name is Baby Katie Blue!

Bad Kitty  cool

WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

I bought my copy from Guitar Center. The morons behind the desk... took three of them to ring up a singe magazine. lol

Great article.... Roy dropped quite a few profanities but has earned a valuable position on how to "beat the system" with hard work and doing things the right way - your own way.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

So I was on the Omaha leg of my Street Team weekend today distributing promo cards for the Des Moines show May 3rd, and happened to come across a copy at one of the guitar stores I visited.  As others have noted, it is a very blunt and insightful interview.  After reading it I don't feel quite so guilty about my extended rant the other day...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:

So I was on the Omaha leg of my Street Team weekend today distributing promo cards for the Des Moines show May 3rd, and happened to come across a copy at one of the guitar stores I visited.  As others have noted, it is a very blunt and insightful interview.  After reading it I don't feel quite so guilty about my extended rant the other day...   wink

Well I guiltily enjoyed the rant I must confess.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Is Joe really coming to New Zealand in October? Could somebody confirm this please?

!! smile

SRVblues wrote:

Is Joe really coming to New Zealand in October? Could somebody confirm this please?

!! smile

Welcome SRVblues. I can't confirm, but where did you hear this info ?
You may have noticed, at present only 2 dates marked down for October so far. Maybe Joe's road manager will be able to enlighten, he chips in here with tour info from time to time!

We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:
SRVblues wrote:

!! smile

Welcome SRVblues. I can't confirm, but where did you hear this info ?
You may have noticed, at present only 2 dates marked down for October so far. Maybe Joe's road manager will be able to enlighten, he chips in here with tour info from time to time!

Welcome SRVblues! Alas, the road manager to whom Brack refers is no longer with Joe, and the new one is not (yet) a member of the forum, so we'll have to try and find out by other means. I suggest that you keep checking back here because IF there are any further antipodean shows to come, they'll be reported here in the forum before they appear on the tour page.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

54 (edited by SRVblues 2012-04-20 19:04:14)

Thanks for the update fellas. Will keep on checking back here from time to time.

Me and a few other guys have made a facebook group called "Bring Joe Bonamassa to NZ!" hoping he'll take notice and head down here for a few shows wink Anyone is free to join and any support is welcome! smile

http://www.facebook.com/?react=AQDt178e … 105561393/

Peace and fingers crossed!