Re: I'M BACCCCKK!! Thank you Classic Rock Magazine!!

RickB wrote:

Welcome to the forum Twelvenotes. Nice to see that article bring in some fresh folk. I know that Joe does like his nice  watches and some have been Tag Heur.
Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I've been a fan of JB's since the Royal Albert Hall DVD (newbie, I know) and then started working through his catalogue. Truth be told, I've played drums for 30 years and picked up guitar about five years ago just after my son was born (no volume knob on a set of Gretsch). It changed my ears. I listen to a far greater variety of music than I ever did, so discovering music from the likes of John Mayall,  The Three Kings, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young to name just a few is a real charge given the lack of good new music available today (present website host excepted). It's all fast food now.

I've been coming across Paul Kossoff/Free in some of my reading of late. Any recommendations as to where to start in their catalogue?

As for the watch, I thought Tag too, but wasn't able to locate a model that appears to be the same one on the website. So, if anyone else is good at that stuff, please chime in...

Take care.
Scott

twelvenotes wrote:
RickB wrote:

Welcome to the forum Twelvenotes. Nice to see that article bring in some fresh folk. I know that Joe does like his nice  watches and some have been Tag Heur.
Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I've been a fan of JB's since the Royal Albert Hall DVD (newbie, I know) and then started working through his catalogue. Truth be told, I've played drums for 30 years and picked up guitar about five years ago just after my son was born (no volume knob on a set of Gretsch). It changed my ears. I listen to a far greater variety of music than I ever did, so discovering music from the likes of John Mayall,  The Three Kings, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young to name just a few is a real charge given the lack of good new music available today (present website host excepted). It's all fast food now.

I've been coming across Paul Kossoff/Free in some of my reading of late. Any recommendations as to where to start in their catalogue?

As for the watch, I thought Tag too, but wasn't able to locate a model that appears to be the same one on the website. So, if anyone else is good at that stuff, please chime in...

Take care.
Scott

Nice Scott! You fit right in here. The "Other artists" section here will offer a wealth of knowledge you can sink your teeth into. Not just the well known artists of note, but up and coming new talent as well. You can do a topic search with the engine here to look back in the archives. Most here hold a similar opinion of the present pop music scene and lack of real music. There's lots out there you will like. Enjoy the trip.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

111 (edited by hansamike 2012-02-12 18:47:02)

"I've been coming across Paul Kossoff/Free in some of my reading of late. Any recommendations as to where to start in their catalogue?"

Hi Scott and welcome.

As this thread section tends to be 'All about Joe' we maybe outta line discussing Free and Paul Kossoff, but given Joe's great appreciation of the band and their music I am sure he won't mind the slight diversion.

First off there are many many sample / best of albums of the bands music and you can get a broad cross section with many of them. There was a very good 'Free Again' release in 2004 I think, along with a DVD with many shots of the band not seen before although most of these you can see on YT now.

The 'Free Story' is a good best of, as is 'All Right Now', each with 18 and 19 tracks respectively. However you might want to check out the 'Remastered Series'. Most of their albums received this treatment and are available with extra tracks and outtakes, different versions etc.

For myself I couldn't be without 'Fire and Water' which would be a desert Island disc for me, as well as their debut album 'Tons of Sobs', which I have in original vinyl form and is a much treasured possession.

I'm jealous of you being able to check out this music for the first time. You are in for a treat. How often do you get one of the best singers ever, with one of the most talented guitarist, bassist and drummer in the same band. That was Free and they were all under 20 years of age!

Kossoff's 2 solo albums are also worth checking out, as was Back Street Crawler, his last working band althought the output there was patchy. Start with Free and see where it takes you.

If you want to discuss them more do a search function in 'Other Artists and we will glady meet up with you there!

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

112 (edited by guido 2012-02-13 00:14:03)

Hey Jane,

I like your new avatar of Steve Vai. I had to do a double take when I saw it.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

113 (edited by Brack 2012-02-25 08:13:37)

Received the new Classic Rock Magazine this morning (Van Halen - Front cover +)
Joe, again features heavily inside - 'The New Rock Revolution' + there's also a Promo CD called 'Blues Fury' featuring 15 tracks.

1) Philip Sayce - Ruby Electric

2) Kenny Wayne Sheperd - Never Lookin' Back

3) Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart - For My Friends

4) Chantel McGregor - I'm No Good For You

5) Oli Brown - Here I Am

6) Dana Fuchs - Nothing's What I Cry For

7) Popa Chubby - Back To New York City

8) Ian Siegal & The Youngest Sons - The Skinny

9) V&TA - Backstabber

10) Erja Lyytinen - Voracious Love

11) Giles Robson & The Dirty Aces - The Mighty Incinerator

12) The Stone Electric - Tequila Mockingbird

13) The Russ Tippins Electric Band - Little Josephine

14) Mitch Laddie - Time Is Running Away

15) Laurence Jones Band - Bad Girl

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:

Received the new Classic Rock Magazine this morning (Van Halen - Front cover +)
Joe, again features heavily inside - 'The New Rock Revolution' + there's also a Promo CD called 'Blues Fury' featuring 15 tracks.

1) Philip Sayce - Ruby Electric

2) Kenny Wayne Sheperd - Never Lookin' Back

3) Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart - For My Friends

4) Chantel McGregor - I'm No Good For You

5) Oli Brown - Here I Am

6) Dana Fuchs - Nothing's What I Cry For

7) Popa Chubby - Back To New York City

8) Ian Siegal & The Youngest Sons - The Skinny

9) V&TA - Backstabber

10) Erja Lyytinen - Voracious Love

11) Giles Robson & The Dirty Aces - The Mighty Incinerator

12) The Stone Electric - Tequila Mockingbird

13) The Russ Tippins Electric Band - Little Josephine

14) Mitch Laddie - Time Is Running Away

15) Laurence Jones Band - Bad Girl

Maybe these guys and gals(Classic Rock)Are getting it.Nice to see something out there talking about some of the great music in the blues rock world.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

New Oli Brown album is out on the 23rd April. Can't wait for this one.