Re: Forum Ideas?

Happy birthday bluesman.
Hope you're having a great day.

Greetz

Have a great one Roy. smile

-Bill

Sounds like a great night and I see the Brewers won too! To think I sat at home and watched my Red Sox lose to the dreaded Yankees on an A-Rod homer in the 9th. Oh well still up on them by 13 1/2 games . Plus I'll have a night out Tuesday ( going to see a guy named Joe Bonamassa) >>>>even though I heard he's a Yankees fan ..........Jbrules

BluesMan wrote:

Gosh,

I really didn't post my birthday just to get all the birthday wishes, but I truly want to thank you all for doing so. You know, it's rather touching to think that people are as interested in others as you all are.

Anyway, it was a great birthday. My wife (she's "the one who must be obeyed" if you haven't figured that out yet) and myself were invited to a Milwaukee Brewers home game by our investment manager. Michael and Marianne, the Brewers are a professional baseball team. We were able to sit in a private suite just behind the first section of seats right between home and first base. It was free food, and not just brats and hot dogs, but an entire buffet of good stuff to eat. Add to that (Shred you'll like this) we had are own private bar with automatic ice machine and refrigerator stocked with beer, soda, juice etc. There were a total of maybe 20 people in the suite, but the suite also extended to a two row private seating area. Now, if I had Bill Gate's money I'd lease one of these suites for the year and have you all come to a game. Of course, I'd also pay for your airfare too . This is the way one should watch baseball!!!!

I did feel a little guilty because the kids weren't invited to this adults only get together, but heck, you only turn 54 once. When we got back home I fired up the Weber charcoal grill and cooked them both a nice steak. So they weren't too disappointed.

Again, I want to thank my forum friends for the birthday wishes. You guys are truly special!!

Morning Roy,

Now thats the way to celebrate. Years ago when I had skills, I met this rich guy who sponsored our travelling fastpitch team. He was a huge Yankee fan like myself, he ask me if I wanted to see the Yanks when they came to town. Of course I want that, we go to the game at the coliseum where the Oakland A's play. I figured the seats would be cool, well I had no idea he was going to rent a luxury box. I mean we even had our own waiter, other than the allstar game at Candlestick park in 84 that is the most memorable time ever.

Again happy birthday!........Shred

Hey BluesMan- Have an especially Happy Birthday!!!  Maybe belated, but hope it's great for the year!  smile

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Beatles/Birthday.html

I've been too busy to keep up on six word list but remember...

All You Need Is Love

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Just a baseball observation.Joe wore an LA hat Sat. He said he alternates with the Yankee hat! He's SO bi-coastal now! LOL

cathysiler wrote:

Just a baseball observation.Joe wore an LA hat Sat. He said he alternates with the Yankee hat! He's SO bi-coastal now! LOL

I asked joe about the Dodger hat, he said his girlfriend got it for him, and yes he put his Yankee hat on later, made me proud!

Shred

Getting back to forum ideas, I'd like to see the image tag feature re-activated. I know there were concerns by some that a hidden link or some evil unknown virus could lurking behind an image but I think that's a risk worth taking. It's the same risk we take every day going online. There are no guarantees that ANY link or image ANYWHERE is 100% safe. If someone maliciously (or unknowingly) posts something viral, well that what anti-virus software is for. Let's not "Live in fear" here?

Stu Craig wrote:

Getting back to forum ideas, I'd like to see the image tag feature re-activated. I know there were concerns by some that a hidden link or some evil unknown virus could lurking behind an image but I think that's a risk worth taking. It's the same risk we take every day going online. There are no guarantees that ANY link or image ANYWHERE is 100% safe. If someone maliciously (or unknowingly) posts something viral, well that what anti-virus software is for. Let's not "Live in fear" here?

I agree 100%.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I like the idea of the image tag as well, as long as the images aren't huge! I have been on some forums in the past and it is just crazy with the sizes of some of the images in the posts.

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I don't know if this has been mentioned before...

I would like to see a larger avatar size. Currently the size is 60x60, which is rather small. I would like to see it be set at a max of 80x80 or 100x100. I would also like to see URL linking enabled for avatars. It allows us to upload larger avatars and not use the server's space.

I would like to know if quick reply could be enabled too. Thats my wish list. smile

-Bill

Bill wrote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before...

I would like to see a larger avatar size. Currently the size is 60x60, which is rather small. I would like to see it be set at a max of 80x80 or 100x100. I would also like to see URL linking enabled for avatars. It allows us to upload larger avatars and not use the server's space.

Excellent suggestion!