Re: I cant stand it!

Well I have to get back to Shredit's purpose of post, which was someone you really dig but one song that's a "stinker' to you....SO, in that spirit, Bad CO., the Bad Co. album, had a stinker, "Seagull"...I've commented on that in past post on the old forum and then again on the Edmund, OK acoustic set showof Joe Bonamassa....summarized, I thought it was a stinker on that rockin' first Bad Company album, but the vocal is hypnotically mesmerizing...could not listen to it for years...Can actually enjoy it now, it's only a stinker in the context of theimpact that first Bad CO. album had at first glint....maybe going to war changed my perspective on the line ..."til somebody shoots you down" as we lost some "birds" (planes)...Joe does a pretty good version too, ok very good,but the song still doesn't rank as one of my favorites or anywhere near....(sorry Stu, I know it's one of yours)...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Well I have to get back to Shredit's purpose of post, which was someone you really dig but one song that's a "stinker' to you....SO, in that spirit, Bad CO., the Bad Co. album, had a stinker, "Seagull"...I've commented on that in past post on the old forum and then again on the Edmund, OK acoustic set showof Joe Bonamassa....summarized, I thought it was a stinker on that rockin' first Bad Company album, but the vocal is hypnotically mesmerizing...could not listen to it for years...Can actually enjoy it now, it's only a stinker in the context of theimpact that first Bad CO. album had at first glint....maybe going to war changed my perspective on the line ..."til somebody shoots you down" as we lost some "birds" (planes)...Joe does a pretty good version too, ok very good,but the song still doesn't rank as one of my favorites or anywhere near....(sorry Stu, I know it's one of yours)...

Rocket

What's up Rocket!

Your one of the people on this forum, that when ever the recent post go up, I look for immediately! Dont understand some of what you say, but I LOL anyways. It must be funny, cuz I'm laughing.

Anyways it is funny how a song can be accepted or rejected by some. "Dont fear the reaper" was it for me. 1976, I'm getting ready to graduate from high school and my girlfriend of 2 years dumps me for someone else. "Agents of fortune" is released by B.O.C. at the same time, was tough to handle. Still cant listen to it! Glad she came back and married me.

When you brought up "seagull" and the reasons why, I thought o.k. But having said that it is still my favorite by Paul Rodgers. Cathy cant stand Freebird or Mustang Sally, hell, I love em both in any version.

Shred

21 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2007-05-13 17:43:24)

Rocket wrote:

Rocket

My take on "Seagull" is totally different.  No.1) the first Bad Co. album isn't all rocking music.  Including "Seagull"  there are 4 ballads on that album.  So "Seagull" fits right in on the album.  Now it's more of a Folk song but I think it is very well placed at the end of the album.  It finishes the album off nicely.  To some of us that song has a very special meaning.  I think it's great that they added a folk song to the album, it showed off more of their diversity.  And like you said,  Paul Rodgers vocal is hypnotically mesmerizing.  Nobody can sing it better than that man.  I know myself, when I listen to the song it takes me to a place at the beach being introspective on life.  I am glad they put it on the first Bad Co. album. 
It seems to make that album more special.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

My take on "Seagull" is totally different.  No.1) the first Bad Co. album isn't all rocking music.  Including "Seagull"  there are 4 ballads on that album.  So "Seagull" fits right in on the album.  Now it's more of a Folk song but I think it is very well placed at the end of the album.  It finishes the album off nicely.  To some of us that song has a very special meaning.  I think it's great that they added a folk song to the album, it showed off more of their diversity.  And like you said,  Paul Rodgers vocal is hypnotically mesmerizing.  Nobody can sing it better than that man.  I know myself, when I listen to the song it takes me to a place at the beach being introspective on life.  I am glad they put it on the first Bad Co. album. 
It seems to make that album more special.

Yeah I'll give you that RC, on it (album) not being all rocking, IF we say that if Bad Company didn't invent the "power ballad'' (before the 80's came and everyone "had" to do one, or that others precede Bad Co.'s ) but nearly perfected it (power ballad) single-handedly (or along with Alice Cooper perhaps???!!!) ...but it (Seagull) is the only one not "electric" (folk)...to me "The Way That I Choose" probably takes me to the beach (Relaxing...."I'm satisfied, nothing to lose...") moreso than Seagull.  And, since you probably missed the very first post on it ages ago, I said I came to enjoy it over time, and perhaps the reason it was originally classified a "stinker" by me was I was a teen and peer pressure can play a part of lad's tastes...anyway the biggest quibble I had with any song on Bad Co. was  "Don't Let me Down', which did exactly that when you compare a certain segment (title hook) to the Beatles "Don't Let me Down"...wondered why they plagiarized it with no credit...to clear up my feelings on the ENTIRE disc, it was engineered by Ron Nevision which, if you read the Off Topics topic of CD Recommendation by Stu Craig 5-3-2007, I love everything he had a hand in....Let me think of something I still consisder a stinker on an otherwise fantastic disc-may take a while...til then

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I actully ruin songs for my girlfriend.  I actually told her was "tush" and "pearl necklace" were about (by zz top)

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Tush isn't about what you think it is! Neither is Tube Snake Boogie!

Rocket 

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I actully ruin songs for my girlfriend.  I actually told her was "tush" and "pearl necklace" were about (by zz top)