Re: Bonamassa inspired guitar by Vintage Guitars-Wilkinson?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey dudes!!
           Im flattered really.  It says a lot that kids want a cheap JB version.  Its really cool, I do wanna play one though and see if they are good playing guitars at least. This is actually inspiring me to make a phone call to some friends at Epiphone.. Thanks for the heads up.  If someone gets one let me know how it is. 
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe, (scuse the pun) If you still want to have a look and feel of the JB Vintage model, I will be honoured to bring mine over to the Regent in Ipswich tomorrow and you can do what ever you want to it, except smash it up of course, I'm a poor boy!!

I've just pre-ordered one of your new Epi baby's should be with me in 4-6 weeks, can't wait it looks killer!! cool  cool

Looking forward to my 2nd Joe and co gig of the year, Rip it up tomorrow, see ya there!

Stewart

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

StewartW wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey dudes!!
           Im flattered really.  It says a lot that kids want a cheap JB version.  Its really cool, I do wanna play one though and see if they are good playing guitars at least. This is actually inspiring me to make a phone call to some friends at Epiphone.. Thanks for the heads up.  If someone gets one let me know how it is. 
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe, (scuse the pun) If you still want to have a look and feel of the JB Vintage model, I will be honoured to bring mine over to the Regent in Ipswich tomorrow and you can do what ever you want to it, except smash it up of course, I'm a poor boy!!

I've just pre-ordered one of your new Epi baby's should be with me in 4-6 weeks, can't wait it looks killer!! cool  cool

Looking forward to my 2nd Joe and co gig of the year, Rip it up tomorrow, see ya there!

Stewart

I've ordered an epi JB myself. Looking forward to getting it plugged in. Spec wise similar to the slash epi. Great price and reasonably limited edition.

StewartW wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey dudes!!
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

Stewart

I've ordered an epi JB myself. Looking forward to getting it plugged in. Spec wise similar to the slash epi. Great price and reasonably limited edition.

Hello!

I've got one Vintage®V100 ICON Series, amazing value!

This is a great budget guitar, better than all the Epiphones I've tried.

In terms of playability it is very comfortable, very close to my Ibanez guitars (my reference guitar is my Japanese Ibanez Balzer Custom, this can only be matched by a '57 Strat reissue in my opinion anyway).

The sound and sustain are amazing, I can get all those LP tones from my Marshall JCM900.

If you can not afford the real deal get a Vintage.

41 (edited by bradscrib 2016-05-31 12:46:48)

The JB inspired Vintage low budget guitar just dropped $100 bucks

http://www.ampdguitars.com/store/p535/V … uitar.html

just 'cus half my friends are imaginary doesn't mean I'm less popular

42 (edited by jc 2018-06-24 09:49:51)

RusScagell wrote:

Ahh awesome! Haha, thats pretty cool,, kinda good as now almost anyone can afford a Jo-style goldtop! Lol, wonder if it's any good tho, :L

R

i have a 2017 Vintage Gold Top..purchased it used. At first it hummed awful..(Im talking way more than a single coil p90 should) I have no way of knowing if a previous owner did something to cause this unacceptable hum or not, however...Pulling the pups, I found they are two single coils stacked,so i rewired the coils ...now i get a minor hum on neck or bridge (like I expect but silent when both selected. The Vintage guitars playability is closer to my 2010 Gibson LP Std than my 2005 Epiphone classic or my 2018 Harley Benton SC Custom. the neck is an absolute dream to play ( the Harley Benton feels slightly narrower and crowded  down  by the nut while the Epi overall feels much wider and flat.  I am totally sold on Vintage Guitars they sound great and are a joy to play..in fact I just purchased a new Vintage Honey Burst Flame..get one you wont be dissapointed

mojotone jtm45, 1966 vibrolux reverb and 1966deluxe reverb, blues deluxe tweed ri, traynor YCV50b, Traynor YBA-1a head, Marshall Code 50 in a 1-12 Bluesbreaker cab,2010 Gibson LP Std, Vintage V100GTand V100Hb, 2010 Edwards ESP E-lp , 09 mim Strat, 2 teles 05 Epi Classic and a Harley Benton SC Custom plus a few more

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey dudes!!
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

Joe they are amazing..I have the 2017 V100 GT. around 8-81/2 lbs Id say..the neck feels  so much closer to my 2010 Gibson LP STD  than my 05 Epi Classic ..i have another on the way...a V100 honey burst  love your shows...(ps still have my epi you signed for me in Northampton mass after a Calvin theater show...and the lineup at your recent Springfield mass show was killer!!)

mojotone jtm45, 1966 vibrolux reverb and 1966deluxe reverb, blues deluxe tweed ri, traynor YCV50b, Traynor YBA-1a head, Marshall Code 50 in a 1-12 Bluesbreaker cab,2010 Gibson LP Std, Vintage V100GTand V100Hb, 2010 Edwards ESP E-lp , 09 mim Strat, 2 teles 05 Epi Classic and a Harley Benton SC Custom plus a few more