1 (edited by Josu 2010-01-26 21:30:34)

Topic: Bonamassa inspired guitar by Vintage Guitars-Wilkinson?

Hi guys,

I'm new here, and hope I'm here to stay! I just saw a new guitar that I want you to see. It is the Vintage V100 MRJBM Icon Series model, that's obviously inspired byt Joe's Goldtop! It looks cool and as I can not afford the real thing don't know but maybe I would take me one to cure the G.A.S. lol

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric/V100MRJBM.jpg

And the website: http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

That's the specifications:

Vintage® V100MRJBM ICON Series
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany – Set Neck
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Scale: 24.75"/ 628mm
Frets: 22
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Crown
Tuners: Wilkinson® Deluxe WJ303 Chrome
Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2 (N) MWVC (B)MWVC
Hardware: Chrome
Controls: 2 x Volume/ 2 x Tone/ 3-Way Toggle

But what do you think Joe will think about that? It is clearly inspired by him...They already had a Clapton strat, a Hendrix one and a Peter Green-Gary Moore Les Paul...

Cheers!

Re: Bonamassa inspired guitar by Vintage Guitars-Wilkinson?

Ahh awesome! Haha, thats pretty cool,, kinda good as now almost anyone can afford a Jo-style goldtop! Lol, wonder if it's any good tho, :L

R

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

3 (edited by Josu 2010-01-26 21:56:10)

RusScagell wrote:

Ahh awesome! Haha, thats pretty cool,, kinda good as now almost anyone can afford a Jo-style goldtop! Lol, wonder if it's any good tho, :L

R

In fact I'm reading good reviews of that axes, some people is comparing It to Epiphone ones so maybe even if It is not the sweetest axe in your gear maybe is a cool looking one you can still use... dunno, let's see if I can test one nearsoon...

This must be a entry for the poor man's Joe Bonamassa rig! Looks pretty good.

Fuzzblues wrote:

This must be a entry for the poor man's Joe Bonamassa rig! Looks pretty good.

Yeah! Like the missing piece of the puzzle for those who missed out on one of those 300 beasts :L... But yeah, would love to try one out
R

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

Man, they're guitars look totally killer. I wish they had an American dealer...

"The way I like to look at it is....if that's the last time I ever got to play, I'd better give it everything I've got." -SRV

It seems like It won't be released until March, but I have find following pics:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/ … ture-4.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/ … ture-3.png

Thing is, I bet Joe would still sound like joe playing one of these. i'd also be interested to hear joe's thoughts on this!

Fuzzblues wrote:

Thing is, I bet Joe would still sound like joe playing one of these. i'd also be interested to hear joe's thoughts on this!

Yeah.
Would Joe consider playing a Vintage Les Paul or is he a pure Gibson Les Paul player?

Lookin' back in front of me

Has anybody tried the Vintage Peter Green model? I've always been intrigued by that guitar but never had a chance to play one.

WOW!

This company looks like it makes some really cool stuff. The relics look much better than Fender's road worn series... they even have modestly priced relic'd LP styles! They have a Flying V that looks cool, and Clapton's "the Fool" SG! Sweet!

Now to find that pounds to dollars converter online...

-Nic.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

The Vintage guitars are actually quite good. In the same league as a decent Epiphone but better hardware.
The relicing though, almost makes my JBLP look like a Murphy roll

Are these made in Korea????

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey guys,

funny i missed this post because I've recently felt in love with joe's music and signature gibson, so i decided make my own inspired LP based on a french GT that you can find posted on the forum ... then i went in december on a trip to NY and got back to Europe with the real thing smile

And today, going to a local shop here in Spain, I saw for the first time of my life the vintage guitars (ooking good), and they had the peter green model that immediatly got my attention since  i guess that Joe took some ideas from that guitar ...

Well i decided to try the thing and well while the guitar was awfully set up and that i played in a quite simple set up, it feels good and pickups sounds amazing for the price.

So going back home i got to see some details and reviews on youtube and it comforts me that i should own one ...

Well and just a little before i went to the vintage page to check the guitar and saw the GT model that obviously has been inspired from the bonamassa ... the name is V100MRJBM

i hope Bonamassa was aware of that, is it allowed to do that without asking??

Well whatever, if the guitar goes out as sweet as the peter green model, i will certainly add it to my collection of JB inspired LP smile

Let's wait and see ...

JBLP #214 very proud owner smile

amused wrote:

Hey guys,

funny i missed this post because I've recently felt in love with joe's music and signature gibson, so i decided make my own inspired LP based on a french GT that you can find posted on the forum ... then i went in december on a trip to NY and got back to Europe with the real thing smile

And today, going to a local shop here in Spain, I saw for the first time of my life the vintage guitars (ooking good), and they had the peter green model that immediatly got my attention since  i guess that Joe took some ideas from that guitar ...

Well i decided to try the thing and well while the guitar was awfully set up and that i played in a quite simple set up, it feels good and pickups sounds amazing for the price.

So going back home i got to see some details and reviews on youtube and it comforts me that i should own one ...

Well and just a little before i went to the vintage page to check the guitar and saw the GT model that obviously has been inspired from the bonamassa ... the name is V100MRJBM

i hope Bonamassa was aware of that, is it allowed to do that without asking??

Well whatever, if the guitar goes out as sweet as the peter green model, i will certainly add it to my collection of JB inspired LP smile

Let's wait and see ...

Hey amused, guess we know each other from spanish guitar forums, right? cool Nice to see you here!

So you have the real JB Les Paul already??? I have not seen pics of that!

Josu wrote:

Hey amused, guess we know each other from spanish guitar forums, right? cool Nice to see you here!

So you have the real JB Les Paul already??? I have not seen pics of that!

Yeah i guess we know each other, I have the same name on Guitarristas' forums cool

And yes I haven't post lots of pics of my bonamassa yet because i still have to go get it from Paris (it will be next week).

About the vintage models, you can test them in Bosco in Madrid.

Guitars are made in China, not Corea hmm

Let's see how the bonamassa vintage feels like ...

JBLP #214 very proud owner smile

im pretty sure they're supposed to ask the artist when they make a signature model??

HRJ wrote:

im pretty sure they're supposed to ask the artist when they make a signature model??

Yes, but It is not a signature model. It is a guitar that even when they don't say anything you can clearly see It is inspired by the artist. But there's no reference to the artist name and no profit for him... It's something similar to the inspired models that Greco and some other companies did in the 70s and 80s...

Amused, yes, we talked some months ago in Guitarramania about the Road Worn I was selling, I have the same nick there too. I will go to Bosco by March when they received the first "inspired Goldtops"...if it is close the the Lemon Drop model I will probably get me one...