Re: Bonamassa inspired guitar by Vintage Guitars-Wilkinson?

HRJ wrote:

im pretty sure they're supposed to ask the artist when they make a signature model??

There's nothing to stop any company making a gold top and sticking black parts on it? This might be good for Joe. Someone wants to learn guitar and sees that in the music shop, he finds out a little more and finds out it is influenced by Joe. He googles the name and bang another Joe fan!

Josu wrote:

Amused, yes, we talked some months ago in Guitarramania about the Road Worn I was selling, I have the same nick there too. I will go to Bosco by March when they received the first "inspired Goldtops"...if it is close the the Lemon Drop model I will probably get me one...

Wow good memory, i finally bought a road worn in NY, second-hand it was a steal tongue

About the Lemon Drop, did you try one, or buy one??

It has really cool videos in youtube and i was personaly impressed by the quality of the look and the pickups...

If Bosco has the goldtop in March, i will probably go there to and buy one online if the price is much higher in the shop.

JBLP #214 very proud owner smile

Road worns are killer deals, I had to sell mine but I regret every day... I'm a strato-man!

Regarding the Lemon Drop, I have seen one but never tested It plugged to an amp. The videos sound quite good and I have read several good reviews too...so I will do the same, test one in Bosco asap and then buy... If it's priced in DIgital Village under the 300 euros as the lemon drop is now I will go for It for sure...

We wait for some pics when you receive the Gibson! That's one of the most awesome guitars out there...

Un saludo!

Hey dudes!!
           Im flattered really.  It says a lot that kids want a cheap JB version.  Its really cool, I do wanna play one though and see if they are good playing guitars at least. This is actually inspiring me to make a phone call to some friends at Epiphone.. Thanks for the heads up.  If someone gets one let me know how it is. 
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

JB let us know how that phone call goes the Slash Epiphone and Joe Perry Boneyard are really good guitars for the price.

- How about doing a Flea as he has done with the Flea Bass? - A Bonamassa Les Paul aimed at the kids and adults starting out sounds like a good idea to me! Or would the Gibson contract get in the way? My son's second guitar was an Epi SG400 or 410 (memory fade), - he still plays it as it is a nice piece of wood, - perhaps needs a couple of better pickups and apart from the style police disapproving of the name on the headstock he is happy with it. So how about a modular approach around a guitar for kids (read parents on a budget), - with an option on the fitments, - 1 body and neck but option 1, 2 or 3 on the hardware? smile  getting carried away.

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

25 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2010-02-01 19:27:57)

The model number DOES say JB in it.
this link has a Gibson vs. Epiphone vs. Vintage SG in it. The vintage sounds competitive to the Epi in most repsects, its placebo really if you its better than epi or toe to toe with Gibson when all you have to judge is a youtube video. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjk2rdFXx2M

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

An Epiphone model would be very cool with Its burstbuckers and so on even without the relic thing... I have always thought you would go for It. But please Joe, never ever go for a Gibson BFG model! lol

Here you've got a video of a similar model so you hace an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWo3jsMB4s
Not the best one you have played but deserves some respect for the price...

(I look like a Vintage sales guy so I will stop right now lol)

Ian916 wrote:

Or would the Gibson contract get in the way?
Ian

Don't think so seeing as epiphone's owned by gibson.

Hmmm tell you what Joe, you make an epiphone signature lp; I will buy it. Deal?

HRJ wrote:
Ian916 wrote:

Or would the Gibson contract get in the way?
Ian

Don't think so seeing as epiphone's owned by gibson.

Hmmm tell you what Joe, you make an epiphone signature lp; I will buy it. Deal?

At $599, you can't go wrong. I'd get one too.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

29 (edited by amused 2010-02-01 22:54:55)

Hey Joe,

check that video, i'm sure you'll like that a lot;

Roy Fulton is  such a great player, i can play great slide and lead part, like on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLYmkfeR … re=related

The goldtop should be made iqual to this one, i hope with the same pickups smile

I'm planning on getting both the peter green model and the bonamassa of course ... when i get one, i'll make a video comparing the sound of the gibson original inspired, the vintage, and my french C77 hehe (i'll just need your apolagize for my pour playing).

Let stay tuned in coming month...

PS: Joe, if you read my post, i heard you'll be on press tour in paris this week, will you still be there on thursday ?? i would love to have my bonamassa signed if possible big_smile ... well we'll see !!!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey dudes!!
           Im flattered really.  It says a lot that kids want a cheap JB version.  Its really cool, I do wanna play one though and see if they are good playing guitars at least. This is actually inspiring me to make a phone call to some friends at Epiphone.. Thanks for the heads up.  If someone gets one let me know how it is. 
Cheers
Joe Bonamassa

Give em a call Joe. In the meantime the Epi 59 reissue looks pretty good.

Hey guys,

i just wanted to let you know that the guitar is now on dv247 website and price will be 285 euros more or less ...

http://www.dv247.fr/invt/71694/

It is not didponible yet but sure in a pair of weeks.

It looks ok,  the head has the cross logo of vintage, it seems that the neck pickup is reversed as the bonamassa model.

A few more weeks and we will get reviews:P

Thats a very low price. I wonder what this axe would sound like...
Anyone here likes to take the plunge? big_smile
But the neck pu isn't reversed. Its also not reversed on the Gibson model.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

hmmm the price is almost too low

ooopss sorry for the mistake i don't know why i was convinced i heard or read bonamassa had the reverse pickup like peter green ...

I have a Vintage LP guitar already, and I love it.

I am a noob though playing and tone wise, so I wouldn't be able to compare it to an Epi or the real thing.. but it's a great value guitar for the beginner really, and good quality. Would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the dosh, but at least this one is reachable....except for the lack of left-handedness.....AGAIN!!!! Just scrubbed it off my Christmas list. mad

Am very interested to hear any owner comparison reviews of this model though.

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

I just wanted to post this video that showed up on YouTube of this guitar in action for those that are interested. Looks good, but I for one am still holding out for the Epiphone model of the JBLP.  cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjJW_XAmT0

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List