Re: JOE IN DES MOINES,IA OCTOBER 16TH!!!!!!!

I can't believe that people could just roll up here and get in! Is it hard to sell out in Des Moines? I'm kinda surprised you and yours didn't sell the place out, Patty. tongue

No need to tell you to enjoy....just post a set list tomorrow please. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

20 (edited by Lee 2009-10-16 18:09:01)

Should be on the road here shortly. After reading Jim's review of the Wichita show I'm anxious to hear what the boys have in store for tonight.

Amsterhammer wrote:

I can't believe that people could just roll up here and get in! Is it hard to sell out in Des Moines? I'm kinda surprised you and yours didn't sell the place out, Patty. tongue

George, believe it or not, it's still pretty tough to completely sell out a Joe show here in the States. I don't know how all the shows stand but the Minneapolis show is about 95% sold.

STill somewhat "unchartered territory"  BUT working on it George!  I canvassed Des Moines  businesses on my own and handed out 200 flyers last week at festival....it's been a LONG time since Joe has been in Des Moines (only one time before that I know of...Blues On Grand)...so got a few more converts at release party last night....hoping the place is packed tonite wink will let you know!       p.l.j.

P.S.  If we lack some attendance, we'll make up for it in the WE LOVE JOE DEPARTMENT  tongue

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Patty your love alone is plenty enough to make that a Rockin' good night in Des Moines
2 hours of smiling from that girl ..... ain't she just the best converting the masses
bet she's a star there too,  with people saying and pointing .. "ain't that pattyluvsjoe" wink

.................... Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Lee wrote:

Should be on the road here shortly. After reading Jim's review of the Wichita show I'm anxious to hear what the boys have in store for tonight.

Amsterhammer wrote:

George, believe it or not, it's still pretty tough to completely sell out a Joe show here in the States. I don't know how all the shows stand but the Minneapolis show is about 95% sold.

George, it seems each tour they adjust the size of the venues upwards. The several theatres I saw Joe perform in this year were all 1,000-2,500 seaters aside from RAH. Speckels and Landmark each were close to sell outs (about 2000 at each), Buff State show sold out (small theatre, maybe 1000 seats) and there had to be at least 1000 people at Penns Peak.

And you know and I know that there were more people there at HAB to see Joe than the other acts. cool

Major Tom to ground control...

The Man Himself  cool  and The Joe Band literally brought the the house down at Hoyt Sherman!   The show was beyond rockin', beyond smokin'..........Joe had the thrusters on high and definitely jettisoned us into another galaxy......never heard Woke Up Dreaming played with such fervor and variation.......crowd of 1100 literally right in the palms of his talented hands. Joe said afterwards that he even surprised himself!   And Joe looked wonderful, happy & fit!!!  I don't know what else to say at this point, gotta' get my feet back on the ground and without a doubt Des Moines, IA absolutely, positively loved Joe Bonamassa!  Those of you who have Joe coming to a town or city near you, put your seat belts on & hang on for the Joe-ride of your life.  You know how we say  we think he & the band can't get any better......well, they have stepped it all up another notch, or two, or three, or............................. smile  Thanks so much Joe for coming to Des Moines.  I'll miss you greatly until next time................

As always,
                                                                                       pattyluvs cool

P.S.  My Mom (80 yrs old, first show)  loved Joe and she was tickled to get to meet him and talk with him afterwards!  She also enjoyed chatting with Clancy, Bogie, Rick & Carmine!!  The other Bonavirgins in my posse all understand now what the "Joe thing" is about!  Had a great time seeing Iowa Bonabuddies, finally met "the dude"  (very nice dude) and the Joe travelers Lee & Renee & Rhonda....their motto's should be "Have Joe-Show Will Travel" that's all for now...gotta get around for a couple of show for WICKED...hey, there's a description for last nights show....It was WICKED!    tongue

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

As always Patty, your thoughts of a show are wonderful to read. Makes me excited just to hear how much fun you had. I'll never forget the two shows we were at together. Both of those days/nights were very special indeed! cool

Roy

Joe is the Best!

26 (edited by the dude 2009-10-18 03:31:43)

Fantastic show and the crowd was rocking and rolling along with Joe.  An inspired performance by the master.  And let me add that this band is as good as they come -- great individual performers and it comes together like one living, breathing organism.  Major shout out to Carmine.  Man, you just rock!  I can't list all the highlights (the whole show was a highlight), but I have to put in a plug for that pulsating beast of a song "Ballad of John Henry," of which I can't get enough.  Love the new Heartaches and HTCT.  Plus, Just Got Paid . . . Oh heck, the whole thing.  And the guys looked like they were having fun on stage.

Nice to meet you Patty, Lee, and Renee.  I waved hi to Rhonda and saw a couple of other familiar faces.  Good to connect with the Bonafamilia.  I don't know if I can make Minneapolis on Monday, but I'll see you all down the road.

P. S.  It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, that it was great to see and say hi to Joe again.  It was also great to meet Bogie, Mr. Drummer Extraordinaire.