Re: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea II

The line up additions: Monophonics, never heard them before although I've heard the name. Seems to be a strange inclusion but who am I to wonder why. Thankfully I have Spotify premium and can check them out. They seem to be a band that my sons would dig. Eric Gales certainly is someone that will be a treat to see especially in a jam situation. The guy is a monster. Also curious who his bass player will be. I saw him a year ago and Eric Czar was on bass. The first time I saw Johnny was at Deep Ellum Blues in Dallas jamming with several people in town for the Dallas Guitar show. Johnny didn't impress me in that situation but did when I saw him do his set at the show. Speaking of Deep Ellum Blues another yet to be announced addition is Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat. Going to be quite a boat full of guitars and guitarists which I kind of like.

Per a post on the KTBA at Sea Facebook page another line up announcement today at noon est and said "it's a doozy"!!!!! Stay tuned!

Haven't had much time to post or even lurk lately really excited to be going again this year! Edited topic title to remove "presale"

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

It's Vintage Trouble.

Kenny wrote:

It's Vintage Trouble.

Saw that I've heard of them but have not had a chance to listen to them so I assume they're a "doozy" wink I did see on their Facebook page that they are the musical guest on
Seth Myers show tonight 12:30am eastern (little less than 30 minutes away) I've set the dvr to record anxious to hear more about them smile

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

They recently supported AC/DC in Europe which is a strange pairing. They have also supported The Who. Saw them a couple of years ago and the show reminded me more of the Tamla Motown era. I left before the end - they have a great frontman though.

Lizzee wrote:

Per a post on the KTBA at Sea Facebook page another line up announcement today at noon est and said "it's a doozy"!!!!! Stay tuned!

Haven't had much time to post or even lurk lately really excited to be going again this year! Edited topic title to remove "presale"

Vintage Trouble
Is this their idea of a "doozy"?  I liked the original line-up.  Nothing very exciting since then and a number of them no one has ever heard.  Question for those that went last year...did you get quality time with the head liners on stage?  Just afraid they are getting all these other acts to fill time.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:
Lizzee wrote:

Vintage Trouble
Is this their idea of a "doozy"?  I liked the original line-up.  Nothing very exciting since then and a number of them no one has ever heard.  Question for those that went last year...did you get quality time with the head liners on stage?  Just afraid they are getting all these other acts to fill time.

Last year there were 5 different venues on the ship so there were multiple shows occurring simultaneously...I didn't get to see all the acts but I did get to see the acts I wanted to see multiple times...as far as quality time, I'm not quite sure I understand...We definitely got to interact with various groups i.e., Joanne Shaw Taylor and band went into Key West with us and we talked extensively, Ana Popavic hosted a wine crawl around the ship, Ryan McGarvey and band were completely available after their shows as was Bernie Marsden. I saw and talked to various members of Joe's crew and many others when you bumped into them in the cafeteria or elevator or wherever....hope this helps you....I liked last years lineup better than this years also but they have added a few damn good bands since the initial lineup was announced...

The finalised line-up :

http://blues.teamrock.com/news/2015-08- … -2016-bill

Vintage Trouble?  I'd not heard of them till Joe announced they would be on the next cruise.  Saturday night I got to, very unexpectedly, see them live!

I'm a crane operator and was one of two on hand for stage assembly and tear-down for the AC/DC concert here.  Because of that I was able to get passes and great parking if I wanted them.  They needed me and my crane to be ready at 4am for tear-down (tear-down started 5 minutes after the band walked off the stage but the crane part was for later)  I decided to go.  After the concert I went to my crane, tilted the cab back and snoozed till they needed me.

Two opening acts, BIG SUGAR and Vintage Trouble.  I knew BIG SUGAR but the name Vintage Trouble, I couldn't place it.  Until their logo came up on the big screen and the guys walked out...Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea!  That's where I heard their name!

Not the type of band you might expect to open an AC/DC concert, they rocked but they don't play rock 'n roll.  There were some 20-30,000 in the crowd at that point(40-50,000 by the time Angus and Brian were on stage) and they had the crowd on their side right from the opening notes.  Their front man is quite the show man, dare I say some James Brown influence.  Great music, original, great musicians.

Another reason to go on this cruise.

http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/DelZe … amp;page=1

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Damn...if I could convince my wife to go, I'd be all over this. An awesome line up for sure, with 3 of my all time favorite artists: joe, Beth and Davy!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

47 (edited by mikewing 2015-11-18 16:44:11)

I told my wife when we signed up for the cruise that with Joe, JD Simo, and Davy Knowles on the ship, the only way it could possibly be more exciting for me was if Austin Young were to join too.

Knowing he's still in college, I assumed that would be unlikely. Today's KTBA(at Sea) email announced he was the final act to be added to the line up.  The energy and intensity he plays with are incredible, and I can't wait to see him live again!

99 days and counting...

Mike

48 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-18 18:46:42)

Great news for KTBA go'ers ... found out about Austin Young via the Forum / Ron ... enjoyed his album Blue As Can Be a great deal!

In the spirt of this cruise news update (thanks mikewing) ... a KTBA story bump ... (Ron quietly doing his thing): http://jbonamassa.com/ktba/features/red … ess-story/

Cindyron Thread: https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 57#p322957

Austin Young & NO Difference - Live Buffalo Rose Dec. 5, 2014 (DarkCave Dive video)
w/ JBLP 300 (is it #16 Ron?)
https://youtu.be/35xRDx_AcVo

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.