1 (edited by Lizzee 2015-07-28 08:38:18)

Topic: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea II

Registration has started for the 2016 cruise presale! If you are interested you can register through the link below infromation. No registration needed if you were on the 2015 cruise. You will receive an email if you're interested you will register and receive a scheduled time frame to book your cabin. I booked mine in the presale last year a few days before Joe was at Rupp Arena which was April 25th. So if you missed out last year and you think you may be interested this year I would encourage you to sign up to receive the presale information since the ship was sold out last time and it was sooooo much fun I'm sure there will be many returning as well as newcomers interested too!

https://www.sixthman.net/account/presal … aliveatsea

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

Re: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea II

Lizzee wrote:

Registration has started for the 2016 cruise presale! If you are interested you can register through the link below infromation. No registration needed if you were on the 2015 cruise. You will receive an email if you're interested you will register and receive a scheduled time frame to book your cabin. I booked mine in the presale last year a few days before Joe was at Rupp Arena which was April 25th. So if you missed out last year and you think you may be interested this year I would encourage you to sign up to receive the presale information since the ship was sold out last time and it was sooooo much fun I'm sure there will be many returning as well as newcomers interested too!

https://www.sixthman.net/account/presal … aliveatsea

I am very curious about the line up.
O.K. Joe is set.
Maybe a lot of artists from this year's cruise as well. Would be fine.
Hope Rock Candy Funk Party also play there.
Maybe he can win Robert Cray or Beth Hart?

A post on the Blues Alive at Sea FB page said to keep an eye on your inbox tomorrow smile 

steinei wrote:

I am very curious about the line up.
O.K. Joe is set.
Maybe a lot of artists from this year's cruise as well. Would be fine.
Hope Rock Candy Funk Party also play there.
Maybe he can win Robert Cray or Beth Hart?

I'm also curious about the line up too would make my day to see Beth Hart listed, with her band and a set or 2 with Joe smile I would also to like see JoAnne Shaw Taylor & Ryan McGarvey again. Robert Cray would be awesome, and I'll add Gov't Mule and/or Warren Haynes Band to my wish list too!

While we were stuck in the disembarkation disaster someone asked a SixthMan employee that was managing the lines if she knew who would be on board next year. Her reply was they already had some great acts "in their back pocket" and they had a list they would be reaching out to their talent buyers to see about getting.  The bands may already have commitments on these dates or sometimes they just don't have an interest on doing a cruise. Can't wait to see who's on board cool

You have your wish. Beth Hart is appearing and will do a joint gig with Joe smile

Received my booking date I am going again yahoooooo
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I am not a big cruise guy, but would love to go on this trip.   Sounded like the weather was lousy last year.  Cold and rough seas.   Question is, how was it?  I know the shows would be great, but would a land lubber like me be able to enjoy the entertainment if the weather was like last year?

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:

I am not a big cruise guy, but would love to go on this trip.   Sounded like the weather was lousy last year.  Cold and rough seas.   Question is, how was it?  I know the shows would be great, but would a land lubber like me be able to enjoy the entertainment if the weather was like last year?

To me the weather was not that bad to be honest when it rained I was inside at the various shows. The weather was great in the Bahamas and keys. Was it hot no but the music and friends .....I didn't even think about the weather I was there strictly for the music and it was awesome. This next one Beth will be there holy crap batman it will be amazing
Go you will not regret it
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

While I was waiting on the picture with Joe, one of the Sixthman crew told me that they offer discounts to previous cruisers. Has anyone done a Sixthman cruise before this one? How much is the discount?

Thanks,

JD

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Yes Kenny my wish came true!! I am so excited!!! And lots of other great artists including Shemekia Copeland would love to hear her and Beth on stage together my two favorite female vocalists WOW!!

Here's a link to the line up so far with more to be added! And if like last year artists were added even months after the oroginal announcement smile

http://www.bluesaliveatsea.com/lineup/

Bobkatmsu I would not even worry about the weather! I've been on a few cruises and yeah I was a little bummed I didn't get a tan and I was in long sleeves/pants almost the whole time but the nonstop live shows and spending time with friends totally made up for it! This was a fluke weather front and would guess the odds of it happening again would be low! I missed 18" of snow at home so I couldn't complain about 60's in Key West. If you haven't checked Natasha's videos do so that may help make you your mind! There was a late night artists jam where Joe joined in that alone was worth the price of admission wink

Jdarden I do remember reading that as well not sure how much discount is could not find it on this link but you might find it in the Sixthman home page. The discount may increase as you go on more too. I do know last year they had a 5% discount if you paid in full when booking.

Lizzee wrote:

Yes Kenny my wish came true!! I am so excited!!! And lots of other great artists including Shemekia Copeland would love to hear her and Beth on stage together my two favorite female vocalists WOW!!

Here's a link to the line up so far with more to be added! And if like last year artists were added even months after the oroginal announcement smile

http://www.bluesaliveatsea.com/lineup/

Bobkatmsu I would not even worry about the weather! I've been on a few cruises and yeah I was a little bummed I didn't get a tan and I was in long sleeves/pants almost the whole time but the nonstop live shows and spending time with friends totally made up for it! This was a fluke weather front and would guess the odds of it happening again would be low! I missed 18" of snow at home so I couldn't complain about 60's in Key West. If you haven't checked Natasha's videos do so that may help make you your mind! There was a late night artists jam where Joe joined in that alone was worth the price of admission wink

Jdarden I do remember reading that as well not sure how much discount is could not find it on this link but you might find it in the Sixthman home page. The discount may increase as you go on more too. I do know last year they had a 5% discount if you paid in full when booking.

It wasn't so much about getting a tan I was worried about, it was more like, am I going to be puking my guts out the whole time?  My wife wanted to go out on a glass bottom boat when we were in the Keys a few years ago, the second we got out into the swells my stomach started doing flips.   It was a two hour trip and I was glad when it was over.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Prices are reasonable. My problem is the cost of the flight from Aberdeen to Miami.

jddarden wrote:

While I was waiting on the picture with Joe, one of the Sixthman crew told me that they offer discounts to previous cruisers. Has anyone done a Sixthman cruise before this one? How much is the discount?

Thanks,

JD

Really I heard nothing of that a discount that would be nice

He was telling me about the Kiss cruise they do and called the discounts "significant". Not sure if it means the same to both of us smile

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

He was telling me about the Kiss cruise they do and called the discounts "significant". Not sure if it means the same to both of us smile

The pricing I saw was no discount maybe when you book. We will see

No Ryan McGarvey which is a shame, also can't see any mention of a photo session with Joe this time. I'm guessing last time put him off it for good, or I have missed something smile

Beth Hart is an awesome addition though.

Considering saving up for this again, 50/50 as to whether we can do the maths to make it happen. Hope so.

What did everyone get for booking dates? Mine's not until the 18th.

jddarden wrote:

What did everyone get for booking dates? Mine's not until the 18th.

Mine's the 18th also. Not sure what day they start on

Don't know when they start, mines on the 18Th.